Scooby-Doo is woken by Shaggy while he dreams of being Batman's partner and defeating the Penguin, the Joker, the Riddler, and Catwoman. He is awoken to a meeting of the Mystery Analysts of Gotham City who listen as Velma tells a tale of one of Mystery Inc.'s mysteries. Robin soon thanks them for accepting their investigation he gave after beating Man-Bat. Velma was glad to accept it, after all the Mystery Analysts boasts such members as TV Detective Roy Raymond and Magician Detective Mysto.
Meanwhile, Batman and Fred converse with Doctor Thirteen about their differing methods of discovering the crook's identities while Daphne speaks with Kaye Daye on mysteries. Scooby was talking with Ace the Bat-Hound when a monster seemingly attacks the group. As Ace and Scooby are unable to see the monster (because fear gas had no effect on dogs), they were able to spy the Scarecrow using his gas in order to stop Batman from interfering with his crimes. Ace and Scooby chase after Scarecrow in order to get the fear gas antidote, with Batman in a robin-esque costume calling himself a Dog Wonder. Back with the analysts, they discover that each person sees a different monster: Velma sees a giant spider, Robin sees an acid monster, Fred sees a vampire, etc. Batman realizes that it's the Scarecrow's fear gas, and tells eveyone to close their eyes and relax. When they open their eyes, the monsters were gone. They realize that Ace and Scooby chased after Scarecrow and follow a tracker in Ace's collar to find them. Scooby beats Scarecrow's minions, before the rest of the analysts arrive and take charge. Batman himself beats Scarecrow, while the rest beat his goons. Scooby hangs up his cape, and is then inducted into the group of analysts with Ace as part of the "Dynamic Scooby-Duo".
- Mystery Analysts of Gotham City (only appearance of this incarnation)
- Penguin (first comic appearance)(no lines)(dream)(cameo)
- Catwoman (first appearance)(no lines)(dream)(cameo)
- Joker (first comic appearance)(no lines)(dream)(cameo)
- Riddler (only appearance)(no lines)(dream)(cameo)
- Scarecrow (first appearance)(Jonathan Crane's disguise)
- Scarecrow's henchmen (only appearance)(miscellaneous speaking)
- Giant spider (only appearance)(no lines)(hallucination)
- Acid monster (only appearance)(no lines)(hallucination)
- Vampire (only appearance)(no lines)(hallucination)
- Werewolf (only appearance)(no lines)(hallucination)
- Jonathan Crane (only appearance)(no lines)
- Beast of Barnacle Bay (only time mentioned)(lighthouse keeper's disguise)
- Lighthouse keeper (only time mentioned)
- Detective Chimp (first appearance)(only comic appearance)(photograph)(cameo)
- Sam Simeon (first appearance)(photograph)(cameo)
- Gotham City (also dream)
- Barnacle Bay (mentioned)
- Penguin's umbrella (dream)
- Joker's cane (dream)
- Scarecrow's fear gas
- Smoke pellets (mentioned)
- Scarecrow mask
|Jonathan Crane as the Scarecrow||To rob a jewelry store.|
- Mystery Inc. was invited to the Mystery Analysts' convention in the previous story, Man Bat and Robbin'.
The following credits try to match how they are displayed in the comic as much as possible:
- Writer: Sholly Fisch
- Artist: Dario Brizuela
- Colorist: Heroic Age
- Letterer: Saida Temofonte
- Cover Artist: Dario Brizuela
- Assistant Editor: Jessica Chen
- Editor: Kristy Quinn
- Batman Created By: Bob Kane
- Special Thanks To: Leandro Corral
- "Who's Scared?" was originally going to be the name of the Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! TV series.
- Scooby's speech bubbles looses phrase, when he communicates with other dogs.
- Another incarnation appeared in the film Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold, which was based in the world of the TV series Batman: The Brave and the Bold, aired on Cartoon Network. This version also included Batman and Detective Chimp.
- The Mystery Analysts of Gotham City headquarters is also seen in Scooby DTV, Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- None known.