|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
- 1 Premise
- 2 Synopsis
- 3 Characters
- 4 Locations
- 5 Objects
- 6 Vehicles
- 7 Suspects
- 8 Cast
- 9 Production
- 10 Notes/Trivia
- 11 In other languages
- 12 Home media
- 13 Quotes
- 14 References
- 15 External links
Insert details here.
- Alfred Pennyworth (single appearance)
- Albert Einstein (single appearance)(head bust)(cameo)
- Bruce Wayne (single appearance)(no lines)(cameo)
- Guard (single appearance)
- Ventriloquist (no lines)(cameo)
- Poison Ivy (no lines)(cameo)
- Dr. Kirk Langstrom (first animated appearance)(redeemed)
- Real Man-Bat (first animated appearance)(no lines)(cameo)
- Thomas Wayne (single appearance)(portrait)(cameo)
- Martha Wayne (single appearance)(portrait)(cameo)
|Dr. Kirk Langstrom||He is the real Man-Bat.|
|Joker as the Man-Bat||To rob Bruce Wayne's bank account.|
|Matthew Lillard||Shaggy Rogers|
|Grey Griffin||Daphne Blake|
|Kate Micucci||Velma Dinkley|
|Steven Weber||Alfred Pennyworth|
- Shaggy announces the celebrity guest in the title card. He refers to Batman as "the Batman."
- The episode title is an allusion to the Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episode What a Night for a Knight.
- This episode has been advertised as the season one finale, even though twenty-six episodes were produced in total.
- Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill reprise their roles from such series such as Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League Action.
- Steven Weber previously voiced Alfred in the DTVs Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders and Batman Vs Two Face, based on the Batman 1966 TV series, starring Adam West as Batman.
- On September 9, 2019, Italian news site Angenzia Ansa revealed the title of the episode, the Joker's inclusion, and him being the culprit of dressing up as Man-Bat.
- Fred being pulled into a wall, and Scooby-Doo bouncing through the air and beating on the Man-Bat before knocking him down are references to the Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episode Never Ape an Ape Man, when Fred was fell into a trick library wall, and Scooby attacking the Ape Man, respectively.
- This is the first time Bruce Wayne has appeared in a Scooby-Doo cartoon, thus revealing Batman's identity in Scooby-Doo canon.
- This is the second episode of season one in which a row of suits of armor is knocked over. This time it was Scooby-Doo who knocked them down. In Ollie Ollie In-Come Free!, it was Velma.
- The door gag is done using rows of shelves in the Miller & Frank Department Store.
- The case is referred to in The Sword, the Fox and the Scooby-Doo!, where it's implied that Mark Hamill may be the Joker.
- Disguises: Shaggy and Scooby-Doo as stuffed toys; Scooby-Doo as a teenage boy carrying a lot of cash.
- Scooby Snacks bribe: 3.
- "Ruh-roh" count: 1.
- "Zoinks" count: 4.
- "Jeepers" count: 2.
- "Jinkies" count: 0.
- "Hold the phone" count: 1.
- Velma loses her glasses: In the Miller & Frank Department Store, when being chased by the Man-Bat and bouncing off a mini trampoline. She utters her usual line while scrabbling on the ground and is kidnapped by Man-Bat. Shaggy and Scooby-Doo arrive to find only her glasses on the floor.
- In 1970s DC Comics, Alfred Pennyworth had a niece called Daphne Pennyworth.
- Miller & Frank Department Store is named after comic book writer Frank Miller, known for the miniseries The Dark Knight Returns and to the Year One arc in the Batman ongoing.
- The music playing during the title card, and at a few other points during the episode, recalls the Neal Hefti theme to the 1960s Batman TV series.
- While listening to Batman's hold music, Shaggy and Scooby dance to it in the style of "The Batusi" from the 1960s Batman TV series.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- When she was kidnapped by Man-Bat, Velma had lost her glasses, which are subsequently picked up by Shaggy. But when later found by Batman, she is wearing them again.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- When the fake Man-Bat attacks Alfred, there is no sight of the Joker's wires. But Velma does mention in her mystery explanation that he also used some "controlled gliding".
- For some unknown reason, the Man-Bat costume gave the Joker super strength.
- Daphne says Valentine Tears #5, while the sign says Valentines Tears #5.
- If the Miller & Frank Department Store closed down fifty years ago and has been abandoned ever since, why is the electricity still connected and able to run the escalators?
- How did the Joker know Shaggy's name if they just met?
In other languages
|Turkish||Kara Şövalye İçin Ne Gece Ama!||What A Night For The Black Knight!|
- Scooby-Doo! and Guess Who?: The Complete First Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video on January 19, 2021.
- Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?: The Complete First Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video in January 18, 2021.
- Scooby-Doo! and Guess Who?: Season One DVD released by Warner Home Video on May 31, 2021.
- Scooby-Doo! and Guess Who?:The Complete First Season DVD released by Warner Home Video in 2021.
Daphne: Boy. This place sure gives new meaning to haunt couture. (blank looks) It's a fashion joke.
Batman: You're in grave danger. Get out of there now! (Velma drops her phone) Miss Dinkley, Velma, Shaggy-haired hippy guy, talking dog... (Man-Bat crushes phone)
- TheAtomicLight (March 27, 2020). "An Interview With... Chris Bailey". Scoobypedia. Retrieved March 27, 2020.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Quit Clowning!||Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
|The Nightmare Ghost of Psychic U!|