The Velociraptors were four graduate students in costumes. They wanted to scare people away so that Professor Svankmajer could keep a crystallized dinosaur she found.
The Velociraptors had reddish-brown colored skin, yellow eyes, and horns on their heads. They also sported dark stripe-like patterns on their backs.
They were blood-thirsty and dangerous.
Powers and abilities
The Velociraptors were agile and fast, being able to keep up with the fastest vehicles.
Scooby-Doo! Legend of the Phantosaur
Professor Svankmajer borrowed three Velociraptor costumes for her students to wear. The Velociraptors started to attack La Serena's spa before running off to town. There, they terrorized the locals but managed to escape. Later, Mystery Inc. threw marbles on the ground inside a cave in order to cause the Velociraptors to slip and fall. Afterwards, the Velociraptors were revealed to be the Graduate students.
- DTV16. Scooby-Doo! Legend of the Phantosaur (no lines)
- Velociraptors hunting in the kitchen is just like in Jurassic Park.
- Real Velociraptors were not as large as how the movie and other media depicted them to be. They were actually only the size of a dog (although most people say Velociraptor is the size of a turkey), and their snouts were longer and narrower. Also, despite being commonly depicted as scaly, real Velociraptors had feathers like birds.
- The Velociraptors in the movie are closer to Utahraptor than to Velociraptor, mainly due to their height.
- The Velociraptors in the movie have spikes and horns, which the real animal did not have.