The story begins with Perry White complaining to Jimmy Olsen about the disappearence of Clark Kent . He asks Lois Lane about his disappearence when Julius Caeser's Ghost appeared. After White passed through the ghost, Olsen uses his signal watch in order to call for Superman . However, at the time, Superman was in a fight with Mongul , Terra-Man , Nova , Grax , and Brainiac . After finishing the fight, Superman flies to the Daily Planet , and brings Mystery Inc wikth him to investigate the ghost. Fred asks White if he could summon Cesar's ghost, as his favorite explative was "Great Ceasar's Ghost". The ghost did appear, and Superman used his x-ray vision to discover that the ghost was a hologram. He then used his microscopic vision to discover the fingerprints of the Prankster , who then showed up.
He then gave a lead-lined present to Superman, who opened, revealing red kryptonite . The red kryptonite transformed him into a monster, who burst through the wall to cause carnage. Daphne then convinced Olsen to use his signal watch again, hoping to attract Supergirl . Supergirl wasn't attracted, but Krypto the Super-Dog does appear. Lane asked Krypto to fly to the Fortress of Solitude and retrieve power juices for Lane and Olsen to turn them into superhumans. Shaggy and Scooby then drink the serums and gain superpowers.
Krypto, Shaggy, and Scooby went after Superman, while the remainder of the group went to Olsen's fan club for help. Meanwhile, Shaggy was hit by a slingshot effect and was sent flying into Superman. Superman chucked Shaggy onto a wall, and he bounced away. Then, Scooby and Krypto caught Superman in a whilwind. Meanwhile, Prankster was robbing a bank when he was stopped by the gang, who distracted him long enough for Shaggy to hit him on his bounce, defeating him. Velma and Olsen then disguise themselves as gorillas, confusing him enough that they wer able to hit him with the Red Sun Projector, making him loose his powers.
- Perry White (single appearance)
- Jimmy Olsen (single appearance)
- Lois Lane (single appearance)
- Krypto (first appearance)
- Superman (final appearance)
- Caeser's Ghost (single appearance)(projection)
- Prankster (single appearance)
- Grax (single appearance)(cameo)
- Mongul (single appearance)(cameo)
- Terra-Man (single appearance)(cameo)
- Nova (single appearance)(no lines)(cameo)(unnamed)
- Brainiac (final appearance)(cameo)
- Super-Monster (single appearance)(Superman's transformation)
- Miscellaneous Daily Planet staff (single appearance)(miscellaneous speaking)
- Lex Luthor (no lines)(thought bubble)(cameo)
- Supergirl (mentioned)
- Professor Phineas Potter (only time mentioned)
- Jimmy Olsen fan (single appearance)(no lines)
- Space Canine Patrol Agency (only time mentioned)
- Clark Kent (single appearance)(Superman in disguise)
- Yucatán (mentioned)
- Outer space
- Krypton (mentioned)
- Signal watch
- Hologram projector
- Red Kryptonite (light)
- Magic Lake Water
- Professor Potter's serum
- Green Kryptonite
- Red sun projector
- Daily Planet newspaper
|Caeser's Ghost hologram projected by the Prankster||To lure Superman into his Red Kryptonite trap.|
- The gang in Metropolis is a result from an invitation from Superman after helping him out in A Super Friend in Need.
- Lex Luthor dressed as one of the Rainbow Ghosts in A Super Friend in Need.
The following credits try to match how they are displayed in the comic as much as possible:
- Story By: Sholly Fisch
- Art By: Dario Brizuela
- Colors By: Franco Riesco
- Letters By: Saida Temofonte
- Cover By: Dario Brizuela with Franco Riesco
- Assistant Editor: Jessica Chen
- Editor: Kristy Quinn
- Superman Created By Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.
- By Special Arrangement with the Jerry Siegel Family.
- Disguises: Velma as a gorilla.
- Scooby Snacks bribe: 0.
- "Ruh-roh" count:
- "Zoinks" count:
- "Jeepers" count:
- "Jinkies" count:
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Despite the title, Scooby Snacks don't actually appear.