FANDOM


  • TheAtomicLight
    TheAtomicLight closed this thread because:
    .
    13:15, February 5, 2019
    Curse of the 13th Ghost DVD cover

    The newest movie on February 5, 2019 will do the unthinkable: Wrap up The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo.

      Loading editor
    • Are you serious?! Unbelievable! I can't believe it, after 30 years!

        Loading editor
    • I hope they don't insult Scrappy even if he appears in the movie.

        Loading editor
    • Personally, I think they've paid more attention to Flim Flam because of him being exclusive to that series. But I believe that the next film could be about Scrappy, because otherwise it seems like a missed opportunity not to wrap up two of the major disappearances in the franchise.

        Loading editor
    • Well ethier way, I hope they don't make them look bad.

        Loading editor
    • So far, it looks like they're keeping Maurice LaMarche as Vincent. I, for one, would kill to hear Frank Welker as Scrappy-Doo, possibly using his "McWolf" or "Booker" voice.

      Judging by the cover, I get the feeling they're using flash animation instead of the usual kind we've seen in previous movies since Abracadabra-Doo.

      When it comes out online, I'll watch before I agree with you. Doesn't look as if you're too thrilled about this, does it?

        Loading editor
    • SonicFan wrote: So far, it looks like they're keeping Maurice LaMarche as Vincent. I, for one, would kill to hear Tara Strong do Flim-Flam with either her "Ben Tennyson" or "Timmy Turner" voice. As for Scrappy-Doo, if he is in this movie, Frank Welker will voice him, possibly using his "McWolf" or "Booker" voice.

      Have you seen the trailer? It has a teen Flim Flam. Although they might do a flashback, so you might get that.

        Loading editor
    • I'm thinking of getting this on DVD. And the flash animation change for several movies.

        Loading editor
    • As always the cover never reflects the true animation, which is the current standard. This movie, I feel, actually benefits from the animation, which I was getting pretty tired of seeing.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:

      SonicFan wrote: So far, it looks like they're keeping Maurice LaMarche as Vincent. I, for one, would kill to hear Tara Strong do Flim-Flam with either her "Ben Tennyson" or "Timmy Turner" voice. As for Scrappy-Doo, if he is in this movie, Frank Welker will voice him, possibly using his "McWolf" or "Booker" voice.

      Have you seen the trailer? It has a teen Flim Flam. Although they might do a flashback, so you might get that.

      If that's teen Flim-Flam, I put my money on Will Friedle providing his voice.

        Loading editor
    • There's no use guessing about it since we don't if he'll be in it or not. Although there is a better chance both him and Scrappy will at least be mentioned.

        Loading editor
    • Yellowlightning1996 wrote: There's no use guessing about it since we don't if he'll be in it or not. Although there is a better chance both him and Scrappy will at least be mentioned.

      Flim Flam is so obviously in the trailer. Can you not see that?

        Loading editor
    • I didn't.

        Loading editor
    • Teen Flim Flam

      This isn't going to be anyone else but Flim Flam.

        Loading editor
    • My apologizes. I didn't recognized him.

        Loading editor
    • Could you upload the trailer sometime?

        Loading editor
    • Yes. I've been meaning to.

        Loading editor
    • Right, should've known better.

        Loading editor
    • No worries.

        Loading editor
    • According to the synopsis, the gang goes into retirement after mistaking an innocent person for a monster.

      I'm sure the real trouble maker could reveal to the gang that he or she set up that mess as a means to defame them.

        Loading editor
    • That's one idea.

        Loading editor
    • SonicFan wrote:
      According to the synopsis, the gang goes into retirement after mistaking an innocent for a monster.

      I'm sure the real trouble maker could reveal to the gang that he or she set up that mess as a means to defame them.

      Like I said earlier, it's too early to guess what's going to happen, until the movies released, guessing is pointless.

        Loading editor
    • SonicFan wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:

      SonicFan wrote: So far, it looks like they're keeping Maurice LaMarche as Vincent. I, for one, would kill to hear Tara Strong do Flim-Flam with either her "Ben Tennyson" or "Timmy Turner" voice. As for Scrappy-Doo, if he is in this movie, Frank Welker will voice him, possibly using his "McWolf" or "Booker" voice.

      Have you seen the trailer? It has a teen Flim Flam. Although they might do a flashback, so you might get that.

      If that's teen Flim-Flam, I put my money on Will Friedle providing his voice.

      Not to continue the speculation, but I was told he sounded more like Eric Bauza.

        Loading editor
    • SonicFan wrote:
      I, for one, would kill to hear Frank Welker as Scrappy-Doo, possibly using his "McWolf" or "Booker" voice.

      Honestly, I really liked whoever voiced Scrappy in the live action movie (I think it was Scott Innes?).

      Unfortunately, Scrappy seems noticeably absent from the trailer. I hope he shows up, because from what I've heard, Flim-Flam was even more poorly received than Scrappy was, yet he's back (and looking very, very much older and definitely hot). Scrappy deserves redemption, gosh darn it. Although I'll be happy if the movie doesn't forget his existence, mock his existence or make him a villain. Again.

      Also, the synopsis claims Velma and Fred were away at camp, so we can expect some soft retcons of their whereabouts during the 80's. (My personal headcanon is that since Velma was working for NASA at the time, she was a guest speaker at a Space Camp or actually going through space training, while Fred took a break from writing mystery novels to be a counselor at Camp Little Moose.)

      Anyways, I hope this movie does really well (I'm already digging Daphne's Buffy vibe in this trailer) and I hope it paves the way for a sequel to Reluctant Werewolf, since Dracula didn't seem like he was going to give up so easily, plus Googie's another character who's disappeared never to be seen again.

      Also, I may have to rewatch the episode with the Ghost Ship Captain, but I guess this confirms he was in fact one of the ghosts trapped in the chest, even though the episode itself never confirmed it. Otherwise, they'd be saying they're missing 2 ghosts instead of 1.

      Overall, I'm extremely excited for this.

        Loading editor
    • Well, to do Scrappy justice, I think they'd have to devote a whole movie to him, because unlike Flim Flam and Vincent, he didn't just appear in 13 Ghosts. You can only do so much in 70 minutes.

        Loading editor
    • Ok let's not go too deep into that subject.

        Loading editor
    • Ok. I'm fine waiting.

        Loading editor
    • Wow!

        Loading editor
    • Yellowlightning1996 wrote:
      I hope they don't insult Scrappy even if he appears in the movie.

      MAYBE THEY'LL BRING HIM BACK

        Loading editor
    • I'd like to believe that.

        Loading editor
    • I’m hoping for a return to ghoul school eventually.

        Loading editor
    • That too. I would like to see the Hex Girls in the another direct-to-video movie. But I can't wait for this movie to come out!!

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight
      TheAtomicLight removed this reply because:
      .
      12:09, November 9, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Sonic879 wrote: That too. I would like to see the Hex Girls in the another direct-to-video movie. But I can't wait for this movie to come out!!

      Especially if they go back to their original looks, their mystery incorporated appearances reeked!

        Loading editor
    • I agree. To be honest, I don't like their designs in Mystery Incorporated.

        Loading editor
    • No they'll stick with their current looks, the Mystery Incorporated looks are from a completely different series.

        Loading editor
    • We knew that.

        Loading editor
    • Where's Scrappy-Doo? I want him in this, too! Only tone down the annoyance.

        Loading editor
    • I'd rather not have anything negative about him.

        Loading editor
    • Is it alright if this thread is closed? I'm starting to get tired of this.

        Loading editor
    • I think this thread is going okay. But to end the repetitiveness of speculation I'll close it, unless something new is revealed, but I don't imagine that will happen until the movie is released.

        Loading editor
    • I decided to reopen the thread since there are a few clips that I have since added, in case anyone would like to talk about them. (FANDOM isn't doing anything!)

        Loading editor
    • #BaeFlimFlam. If you have a social media account then spread trend the word, people!

        Loading editor
    • Bae Flim Flam? LOL people are really liking his aged up design, I guess.

        Loading editor
    • I like it, too.

        Loading editor
    • #BaeFlimFlam

      Edit: I'm trying to write (hashtag)BaeFlimFlam but every time I write the (hashtag) and publish it, it comes up as a "1." I don't know why...

      Edit 2: I fixed it! I just had to make the sideways text!

        Loading editor
    • So the latest 3 minute clip has Velma mention that they've solved every case they've been involved in. Assuming that all series and movies aside from Get A Clue, Mystery Incorporated and Be Cool are in the same continuity, can we confirm this?

      I know there was an unsolved case in MI, the Pirahna-Goat, and in the original DC Comic Lee Shiu Shian's hunt for The Dragon's Eye was explicitly mentioned as the only cases the Gang had never conclusively solved until they caught him at the end.

      But just thinking about it in my head, I don't think any episode between Where Are You to What's New had a monster or culprit get away from the gang. And I can't think of an animated movie featuring this, either. I think 13th Ghost might end up being the exception to this, since the synopsis states they catch the wrong person. But they can only know this if the right person is caught.

        Loading editor
    • Get A Clue, Mystery Incorporated, Be Cool, Scooby Goes Hollywood and LEGO are not the same continuity.

        Loading editor
    • SimonTheThespian wrote: #BaeFlimFlam

      Edit: I'm trying to write (hashtag)BaeFlimFlam but every time I write the (hashtag) and publish it, it comes up as a "1." I don't know why...

      Edit 2: I fixed it! I just had to make the sideways text!

      Puting a hashtag lists it as a number. It's for lists. :-)

        Loading editor
    • I'm personally pretty excited for this. The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo was a great series so I'm glad they're finishing it.

        Loading editor
    • Yellowlightning1996 wrote:
      Get A Clue, Mystery Incorporated, Be Cool, Scooby Goes Hollywood and LEGO are not the same continuity.

      I know, I said "Assuming that all series and movies aside from Get A Clue, Mystery Incorporated and Be Cool are in the same continuity,". Hollywood and LEGO kinda go without saying, since Hollywood frames the previous three shows as an in-universe TV show, and the LEGO continuity is a mishmash of the others.

      Even then, I don't think a single LEGO case has remained unsolved.

        Loading editor
    • Okay... my thoughts...

      I notice that even though they have Flimflam in the trailer (but oddly NOT featured or mention on the box art), I feel like that despite his "infamous repuation" of being "worse" than Scrappy... he is getting a pass because he was just in the show and nothing else... so of course the creative team would try "upgrade" him... though I wouldn't put it pass that he turns out to be the baddie as part of all the big twists these movies have been doing... (the chest of demons opening in his shop in the trailer).

      As for Scrappy... I just want him to have some closure with the gang in this. Something to at least prove the gang still consider Scrappy part of the gang and a friend to them. This movie might be the last chance he has to appear as an ACTUAL character than just a joke easter egg... But knowing his luck... he might just show up in the post credits scene or something, missing the whole adventure and the Mystery Inc crew.

      Face it: Nobody at CN or WB care enough for Scrappy to let him have any dignity today. Remeber in the Mystery Incorperated, they actually ACKNOWLEDGED Flimflam as being part of the gang... while they just see Scrappy's statue and turn away in disgust... Plus, they added in Scrappy Rex in that Roller Coaster ride in Austrilia... kinda highlights the fact that's how they seem to remember Scrappy from now on...

      Also, I barely remember the old show, but I do remember that most of the 13th Ghost play out long cons for the Gang. Maybe they will have something to do with that case that makes Mystery Inc retire... plus we don't see the 2 henchghosts either.. and from the looks of it, they won't have some of the broken 4th Wall jokes the orginal show had (like Scrappy scaring off a network censor to protect a dragon, or Scooby being scared into retirment of show bussniess). So they might go in a different direction than how the show was set up...

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:

      Unfortunately, Scrappy seems noticeably absent from the trailer. I hope he shows up, because from what I've heard, Flim-Flam was even more poorly received than Scrappy was, yet he's back (and looking very, very much older and definitely hot). Scrappy deserves redemption, gosh darn it. Although I'll be happy if the movie doesn't forget his existence, mock his existence or make him a villain. Again.

      21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)SilverZeo (talk) 21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)

      Anyways, I hope this movie does really well (I'm already digging Daphne's Buffy vibe in this trailer) and I hope it paves the way for a sequel to Reluctant Werewolf, since Dracula didn't seem like he was going to give up so easily, plus Googie's another character who's disappeared never to be seen again.

      I would settle if they just have Scrappy and the whole Gang be friends again. After all the negative feedback from "fans" and producer meddling over the last few decades, it WAS a miracle that he appeared in Supernatural WITHOUT getting killed,let alone geting any trash talk. It is doubtful that would give Scrappy ANY role in a movie outside of being a twist villain that they can hide for promotion.

      Hmm.. actual, I can see it as a gag ending for this movie. That as soon as the Gang finished their insane but real ghost case... out comes the HunchBunch, ready to take them on another one.

        Loading editor
    • SilverZeo wrote: Okay... my thoughts...

      I notice that even though they have Flimflam in the trailer (but oddly NOT featured or mention on the box art), I feel like that despite his "infamous repuation" of being "worse" than Scrappy... he is getting a pass because he was just in the show and nothing else... so of course the creative team would try "upgrade" him... though I wouldn't put it pass that he turns out to be the baddie as part of all the big twists these movies have been doing... (the chest of demons opening in his shop in the trailer).

      As for Scrappy... I just want him to have some closure with the gang in this. Something to at least prove the gang still consider Scrappy part of the gang and a friend to them. This movie might be the last chance he has to appear as an ACTUAL character than just a joke easter egg... But knowing his luck... he might just show up in the post credits scene or something, missing the whole adventure and the Mystery Inc crew.

      Face it: Nobody at CN or WB care enough for Scrappy to let him have any dignity today. Remeber in the Mystery Incorperated, they actually ACKNOWLEDGED Flimflam as being part of the gang... while they just see Scrappy's statue and turn away in disgust... Plus, they added in Scrappy Rex in that Roller Coaster ride in Austrilia... kinda highlights the fact that's how they seem to remember Scrappy from now on...

      Also, I barely remember the old show, but I do remember that most of the 13th Ghost play out long cons for the Gang. Maybe they will have something to do with that case that makes Mystery Inc retire... plus we don't see the 2 henchghosts either.. and from the looks of it, they won't have some of the broken 4th Wall jokes the orginal show had (like Scrappy scaring off a network censor to protect a dragon, or Scooby being scared into retirment of show bussniess). So they might go in a different direction than how the show was set up...

      The jokes are more about the contrast between the two eras. Fred being told about everything, which pretty much is a catch up for new viewers.

      If they had been faithful it just would not have been made, because the humour in the series itself just did not catch on, so they're not going to do it for a whole movie.

        Loading editor
    • SilverZeo wrote:
      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:

      Unfortunately, Scrappy seems noticeably absent from the trailer. I hope he shows up, because from what I've heard, Flim-Flam was even more poorly received than Scrappy was, yet he's back (and looking very, very much older and definitely hot). Scrappy deserves redemption, gosh darn it. Although I'll be happy if the movie doesn't forget his existence, mock his existence or make him a villain. Again.

      21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)SilverZeo (talk) 21:56, January 28, 2019 (UTC)

      Anyways, I hope this movie does really well (I'm already digging Daphne's Buffy vibe in this trailer) and I hope it paves the way for a sequel to Reluctant Werewolf, since Dracula didn't seem like he was going to give up so easily, plus Googie's another character who's disappeared never to be seen again.

      I would settle if they just have Scrappy and the whole Gang be friends again. After all the negative feedback from "fans" and producer meddling over the last few decades, it WAS a miracle that he appeared in Supernatural WITHOUT getting killed,let alone geting any trash talk. It is doubtful that would give Scrappy ANY role in a movie outside of being a twist villain that they can hide for promotion.

      Hmm.. actual, I can see it as a gag ending for this movie. That as soon as the Gang finished their insane but real ghost case... out comes the HunchBunch, ready to take them on another one.

      The orignal Scrappy and the other incarnations aren't the same. The original is the good guy and since he played a major role in the series, it's very likely he'll at least be mentioned.

        Loading editor
    • And besides, in the original universe, they're highly likely on good terms still.

        Loading editor
    • I'm binging all of The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo tomorrow to prepare for the movie!

        Loading editor
    • Yellowlightning1996 wrote:
      And besides, in the original universe, they're highly likely on good terms still.
      Yellowlightning1996 wrote:The orignal Scrappy and the other incarnations aren't the same. The original is the good guy and since he played a major role in the series, it's very likely he'll at least be mentioned.

      TheAtomicLight wrote:

      If they had been faithful it just would not have been made, because the humour in the series itself just did not catch on, so they're not going to do it for a whole movie.

      Exactly my point... even though this is based on the old cartoon show, it is not EXACTLY like the old cartoon show.

      And inspite of the gang's postive history with Scrappy, creative teams and general audiences just see Scrappy as the worst thing in the franchise, regardless of what or which show or incarnation he is from. Hence why we don't only never see him again, let alone in a good way in ANYTHING after the live action movie. Remember when Scrappy was butted out in a picture for CN's 20th anniversary?

      And while FlimFlam and Vincent Van Ghoul have been seen in Mystery Incorperated, they were still treated with some level of acknowledgment despite being from the "low era" of the franchise, Scrappy, who was in more shows and movies, was acknowledge as an unplesantry to never be talked about. Which is why I am afraid that in this movie, he is either going to be either a villain, a throw-away joke, or might not even be in the picture at all.

      Because since this ISN'T like the old show, they don't have to give Scrappy the same level of respect or likeablity he had in it... And  the only thing that broke his bad history was in Supernatural last year... where he was just a Easter Egg for the multidoor chase scene, where he was just a quick second prop.

      So the idea of him just having some dignity and respect as an actual character in a movie seems like a too big of a jump for creators to make for him just yet. Afterall, it seems like when people think of Scrappy Doo in general... they seem to think about him as he was in the live action movie... which they put him in the ride in an Austilia amusmenet park last month...

      I hope and WANT the best for Scrappy in this movie; but with how he has been handled with everything in the last decade and a half, the idea of him make a full dignifed comeback right now seems a like a far off bet, even with a movie based on a show he was star in.

      Do we even know who on the production of this movie? Any idea of their feelings towards Scrappy?

        Loading editor
    • Also, a new clip has come up.

      It seems like for a chunk of the film, the gang has splitten up when the 13th Ghost shows up. Daphne, Shaggy, Scooby, and Van Ghoul have the chest and are being chased by the ghost, while Van Ghoul seems to be having a "Wizard Block" since the Ghost showed up, and can't perform any spells. While Fred and Velma team up with Flimflam to gear up and stop the ghost, while Flimflam seems confused when the 2 say someone was talking about unleashing "13 ghosts" from the Chest of Demons....

        Loading editor
    • Um... The 13th Ghost is named Asmodeus (pronounced Az-mow-day-is, as opposed to the traditional Az-mow-dee-us). Asmodeus is another name for the devil. We're literally facing off against Satan in this movie. I can't think of a better demon to be the most dastardly of all.

      Anyways, SilverZeo you seem to be forgetting a few things;

      - Yes, Scrappy was disrespected in Mystery Incorporated, but it was implied that his partnership with the group ended badly. Maybe he was the animal mascot that was corrupted by the Evil Curse, sparing Scooby. That would also be why all the clues said the dog must die. Maybe Scrappy betrayed the gang and died (his "environment" is a graveyard, after all). Again, sparing Scooby and allowing Mystery Inc. to finally defeat the Evil Entity. If you insert the entire show's lore into the subtext between Fred and Daphne's scene. Also, Flim-Flam and Van Ghoul were not respected at all. Flim-Flam was mentioned as being in jail for life, while Van Ghoul... Ok, Van Ghoul got the best treatment and was basically Vincent Price, only probably a bit more vain and cowardly than the real Vincent would've been.

      - Since like... 2014/2015, the support for Scrappy online has been steadily rising.

      - In 2012, we got Scrappy on his first ever DVD cover, for the Happy Spook-Day Scooby-Doo! release, and then in 2015, we got the full first season of Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo released on DVD.

      - In 2016, we got Scooby Apocalypse, which from what I've seen online has largely rekindled interest in the character from "edgier" fans who didn't like him before.

      - And then in 2018, he showed up in Scoobynatural, and was not a joke, was not viciously murdered, and was not mistreated. He was just there for a second, but he was there. And he also showed up prominently displayed in the Doo Family Tree in the recent Scooby Encyclopedia, while also getting his own page. (Which oddly mentions his age as being 5 years old in human years?... Weird. Guess he really did have a gland problem.)

      The love for Scrappy is building back up, slowly but surely. So just take a breath and relax. Even if he doesn't come back for the 50th, he'll probably show up for the 55th. I've been seeing a LOT of people comment on here, on reddit, on YouTube, on Tumblr and on Twitter that they're disappointed Scrappy hasn't shown up in the promotional clips for Curse of the 13th Ghost, and that they feel the demonization of his character has gone far enough. So he does have a fanbase.

        Loading editor
    • Hmmm... true and valid points.

      Though, I think Scooby Appocaplse Scrappy is a bit of stretch of being like Scrappy, kinda like saying Kmandi from Earth's End is the same Kamandi made by Jack Kirby. And maybe the book ment he was the EQUALIVANT of 5 human years... But I think those a disscussion for another thread....

      Overall, I guess it depends how the creative team will take care of him... they would either try to go out of there way, ingore the fan-hate and make Scrappy a proper character one last time... or just follow suit of how he has been treated in general....

        Loading editor
    • SilverZeo wrote:
      Hmmm... true and valid points.

      Though, I think Scooby Appocaplse Scrappy is a bit of stretch of being like Scrappy, kinda like saying Kmandi from Earth's End is the same Kamandi made by Jack Kirby. And maybe the book ment he was the EQUALIVANT of 5 human years... But I think those a disscussion for another thread....

      Overall, I guess it depends how the creative team will take care of him... they would either try to go out of there way, ingore the fan-hate and make Scrappy a proper character one last time... or just follow suit of how he has been treated in general....

      Nope, the book explicitly said "5 (in human years)", while making the Doo Quintuplets (Scooby, Ruby, Skippy, Howdy and Yabba) all 7 (in human years). Which makes sense, because merch has been saying Scooby's 7 for decades now. Which is really creepy when you think about it. If Ruby is 7, she had Scrappy when she was 2. If Scrappy is still a puppy at 5, then Ruby at 2 should've been a baby.

      Also, Scrappy in Apocalypse is Scrappy, just a different version of Scrappy. Same goes for Hipster Shaggy, Daphne the Vampire Slayer, and Velmastein the Queen of the Apocalypse. (I think Fred's the only one who stays consistent with his cartoon counterpart, specifically Mother Hen/Action Man Fred from What's New Scooby Doo.) Does it matter if he's not "the" Scrappy, as long as that depiction of Scrappy is garnering more fans for the character?

        Loading editor
    • Only 6 days left!

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:Nope, the book explicitly said "5 (in human years)", while making the Doo Quintuplets (Scooby, Ruby, Skippy, Howdy and Yabba) all 7 (in human years). Which makes sense, because merch has been saying Scooby's 7 for decades now. Which is really creepy when you think about it. If Ruby is 7, she had Scrappy when she was 2. If Scrappy is still a puppy at 5, then Ruby at 2 should've been a baby.

      Also, Scrappy in Apocalypse is Scrappy, just a different version of Scrappy. Same goes for Hipster Shaggy, Daphne the Vampire Slayer, and Velmastein the Queen of the Apocalypse. (I think Fred's the only one who stays consistent with his cartoon counterpart, specifically Mother Hen/Action Man Fred from What's New Scooby Doo.) Does it matter if he's not "the" Scrappy, as long as that depiction of Scrappy is garnering more fans for the character?

      ... Huh... not sure how to feel about that. I reject pretty ALL of the character traits brought on by the live action movie, as it was an over the top paordy of the franchise as a whole, as welll as the fact that whole gang in it seem to suffer Family Guy syndrome: Where most of their best/unique character traits are overshadowed by how horrible jerks they are (like Shaggy living his friends to die, Scooby punching Fred in the face, and Freddy finding it awesome to see himself naked in Daphne's body... with Daphne being in the room with him.) The "gland problem" brought up in the movie was an a throw away line to allow themselves to be as cruel as they want with Scrappy without depciting him a puppy that he is known to be.

      And true, with Scooby Apocalypse, it is a unique take of the characters... but in that line of thinking, would you say the Batman from the "All Star Batman and Robin" is the ideal Batman. You know, the one were Batman trains Robin by having him eat rats in the Batcave.... and by Frank Miller's word, it is takes place in the same universe where Robin was experimented on to become an immortal verison of the Joker, and who Batman just dumps his severed head into a valcanno right after he said he never cared for him.

      Apocalypse Scrappy isn't a bad character, he is an idle concept of what an great anti-hero would be in a setting like this... but in an adaption like this, I hope they try to go the same route as they did with animated Batman movies based on the Adam West Show, silly and campy but still a respectible homage to show that everyone watched and enjoyed as a kid... Heck, the "Return of the Cape Crusaders" was throwing shade to the "adult" and "edgey" Batman material.

      Basically, all I want is to see the real Scrappy being depicted as close as he known to be in this, being older like with Flimflam. And the Scrappy I know is someone who loves the whole Gang, especially his Uncles Shaggy and Scooby, who isn't afraid to just go on the offense when some guy in a costume chases them. He would never hate his friends, let alone plot to kill or hurt them in anway.

      Thats the Scrappy that was part of the gang, as well as being the Scrappy being mocked by EVERYONE in the last few decades, and the Scrappy who needs to appear to get at least one last time to get a decent farewell from the franchise, which has taken it own jabs at his expense. Or... at least that what I hope they will do...

        Loading editor
    • I hope Scrappy at lest isn't the villain this time!

        Loading editor
    • SimonTheThespian wrote:
      I hope Scrappy at lest isn't the villain this time!

      I hope if he does, they make him sympthetic to some degree... like he wants the Chest of Demons to get to Time Slime's staff, allowing him to go back to the "good old days" with his Uncle Scooby and the gang, and not ruin their time together... but proves that he is a good guy in the end...

        Loading editor
    • There's really no reason to talk about Scrappy being a villain (it gets really old). Let's try and keep this thread open til day of release.

        Loading editor
    • I totally agree, it's so old and wrong.

        Loading editor
    • My thoughts exactly.

        Loading editor
    • Morty340 wrote: My thoughts exactly.

      Yup.

        Loading editor
    • Who knows. Scrappy might appear on the film as a good guy. I think.

        Loading editor
    • So, we know Flim-Flam is returning, as is Vincent Van Ghoul. We know the villain is Asmodeus, the 13th Ghost. From the clips, we can see he wants the Chest. Presumably to free the others trapped inside. And from all the clips, it seems like all of the action will be based in the Himalayas (specifically in the Temple Village from "To All the Ghouls I've Loved Before").

      There also seems to be a meltdown coming from Fred, who never knew Daphne was a certified BAMF or that Shaggy was a full-on pilot. Seems like they're picking up the Control Freak characterization from Be Cool, and I'm not mad about it. (Though I think I like overprotective Mother Hen Fred from What's New just a bit more.)

      Seems like the only things still up in the air are Scrappy's appearance (which is probably the most mentioned aspect of this movie so far, from all the sites I've looked at), but also Bogel and Weerd, as well as clarification on who exactly the first 12 ghosts are. The show does feature 12 ghosts being captured, but a few are not mentioned to be part of the original 13 (specifically, as the Wiki mentions, the Bermuda Triangle Ghosts). So to have canon confirmation of the Captain being one of the 13 would probably be pretty cool.

      Gosh, I'm really hyped for this movie.

        Loading editor
    • Scrappy likely won't appear, but there's a very good chance he'll at least be mentioned. The same for Bogel and Weerd. And I'm really looking forward to the movie, and as I mentioned before, the synopsis will be filled shortly afterwards.

        Loading editor
    • I preordered the DVD hoping to see it the day it came out! Unfortunately, I have a show that night so I won't have time to watch it then... I'll have to wait until the first Sunday after it comes out LOL!

        Loading editor
    • Looks like there is a ghost car chasing them in this movie to. As it seems to chase the gang twice from the clips I've seen. First with whole gang, where Daph shows off her red Msytery Machine's gadgets (like from Get A Clue... and end of Frankencreepy... and Be Cool) which shocks Fred... then again when Flimflam teams up...

      Maybe the Ghost car is the 12th ghost, and Asmodeus is the 13th...

        Loading editor
    • SilverZeo wrote:
      Looks like there is a ghost car chasing them in this movie to. As it seems to chase the gang twice from the clips I've seen. First with whole gang, where Daph shows off her red Msytery Machine's gadgets (like from Get A Clue... and end of Frankencreepy... and Be Cool) which shocks Fred... then again when Flimflam teams up...

      Maybe the Ghost car is the 12th ghost, and Asmodeus is the 13th...

      The 12'th ghost was in the series and locked in the chest. I don't think he'll be in the movie.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I heard people say it was just 11 ghosts that got captured, but according to the movie's current TvTropes page, the movie creators state that the pirate ghost in the Berumda Triangle coutns as one of the 13.

        Loading editor
    • SilverZeo wrote:
      Yeah, I heard people say it was just 11 ghosts that got captured, but according to the movie's current TvTropes page, the movie creators state that the pirate ghost in the Berumda Triangle coutns as one of the 13.

      Yeah, the pirates counted. They trapped them in the chest.

        Loading editor
    • Will Scrappy appear in the movie?

        Loading editor
    • Sadly no.

        Loading editor
    • It's up in the air until the comes out. So far, they're either going to just make a slight mention of him, or have him show up near the the climax. Even more so if they're going to either do him right, or make him butt of a joke...

        Loading editor
    • I really hope they don't make a joke of him, he's been treated so badly long enough.

        Loading editor
    • SilverZeo wrote:
      Yeah, I heard people say it was just 11 ghosts that got captured, but according to the movie's current TvTropes page, the movie creators state that the pirate ghost in the Berumda Triangle coutns as one of the 13.

      Does the TV tropes page have a source for that statement, or is it an actual interview with the creators on TvTropes? If you could provide a link it would help a lot.

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:

      SilverZeo wrote:
      Yeah, I heard people say it was just 11 ghosts that got captured, but according to the movie's current TvTropes page, the movie creators state that the pirate ghost in the Berumda Triangle coutns as one of the 13.

      Does the TV tropes page have a source for that statement, or is it an actual interview with the creators on TvTropes? If you could provide a link it would help a lot.

      I don't believe half of what TV Tropes says. They could've made that made up. Plus, Capstone's book semi-confirms that, anyway. TV Tropes could just use that.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:

      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:

      SilverZeo wrote:
      Yeah, I heard people say it was just 11 ghosts that got captured, but according to the movie's current TvTropes page, the movie creators state that the pirate ghost in the Berumda Triangle coutns as one of the 13.
      Does the TV tropes page have a source for that statement, or is it an actual interview with the creators on TvTropes? If you could provide a link it would help a lot.
      I don't believe half of what TV Tropes says. They could've made that made up. Plus, Capstone's book semi-confirms that, anyway. TV Tropes could just use that.

      I don't believe TV Tropes either, though if they have a source (like they did with the Scooby Project being referenced during a Cartoon Network marathon, which I put on its page) then I'm more inclined to believe the information.

      I haven't bought the Capstone Encyclopedia yet, just looked at the various preview pages they have on Amazon and book selling sites. They claim the Captain is one of the Ghosts? That's pretty cool.

        Loading editor
    • When the movie comes out, I may close this thread and replace it with the movie discussion.

        Loading editor
    • Naturally.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight
      TheAtomicLight removed this reply because:
      .
      00:19, February 4, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Only two days left!!!

        Loading editor
    • I can't wait!

        Loading editor
    • SimonTheThespian wrote:
      I can't wait!

      Me Neither!

        Loading editor
    • One more day!

        Loading editor
    • Only one more hour!!! (If you're in E.S.T.)

        Loading editor
    • New clips uploaded online. Turns out that it may have been a decade since the series left off, explaining how Flimflam has grown... but kinda make Scooby in "teenager" in human years... which like ancient old in dog years...  still no hints of Scrappy...

        Loading editor
    • What new Clip?

        Loading editor
    • I don't think there was any discernible timeline. It's just how many years you want to take it.

      But this will be closed now to make way for an official discussion thread.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message