FANDOM


  • This is a fresh thread since the next series has been officially announced and we can discuss what has been revealed, including the guest stars who currently are:

    • Mark Hamill (even though he's playing himself, he's also been Joker, and Batman's going to be a guest star, too...)
    • Kevin Conroy as Batman
    • Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
    • Sia
    • Halsey
    • Bill Nye
    • Neil deGrasse Tyson
    • Kenan Thompson
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Sherlock Holmes
    • Chris Paul
    • Ricky Gervias
    • Penn & Teller
    • Weird Al
    • Whoopi Goldberg

    Also, Chris Bailey is a producer. Also working on the show, unless he's been removed (or WB just wanted to mention Bailey as the sole driving force behind the show), is Michael Ryan. (And another guy, but I forget his name.)

    It will be airing soon.

    Any guest casting ideas you may have, then put them here: https://scoobydoo.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:68401

      Loading editor
    • They should definitely get Michael Rosenbaum to reprise Flash and Susan Eisenberg to reprise Wonder Woman. They've done wonders as the Amazon champ and the Scarlet Speedster since Justice League.

      If they're making a Batman episode, not do they need Kevin Conroy as Batman and Mark Hamill as Joker, but also Tara Strong as Harley Quinn. What can I say? Tara is a wonder as Harley as much as Arleen and Hynden are.

        Loading editor
    • A brand new show? Already? What happened to Be Cool? I'd actually gotten used to it.

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote: A brand new show? Already? What happened to Be Cool? I'd actually gotten used to it.

      BCSD is done, and another show has taken its place, just like BCSD took SDMI's place when that show had finished.

        Loading editor
    • Cool!

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      A brand new show? Already? What happened to Be Cool? I'd actually gotten used to it.

      that show was hideous anyway.

        Loading editor
    • Carebearheart wrote:
      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      A brand new show? Already? What happened to Be Cool? I'd actually gotten used to it.
      that show was hideous anyway.

      I don't really mind that show as much, I liked how they made the chase scenes more dramatic.

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      A brand new show? Already? What happened to Be Cool? I'd actually gotten used to it.

      Scooby-Doo has always had reincarnated into some new style and/or format. It's the same show through-and-through with the same formula, but they reincarnate themselves every few years to make a fresh new concept.

      Consider this:

      SDWAY (1969-71)

      NSDM (1972-74)

      SDS (1976-79) (Actually when the Scooby-Doo Show aired in 1976, it wasn't even that, it was just an interstitial show for ABC to do since it first picked it up that year.)

      SD&SD (1979-81)

      WNSD (2002-06) (Still 3 seasons though)

      MI (2010-13)

      BCSD (2015-18)

      It's about time for the writers to come up with something new.

        Loading editor
    • The dates are kinda inaccurate (or at least depending on how you're looking at this), the simplest being is BCSD, which started in 2015.

        Loading editor
    • MI (2010-13) BCSD (2015-18) - I fixed them.

      Anyway, POINT is, they come up with a new show every few years to make a fresh new concept for the gang. They've done this since the show's inception.

        Loading editor
    • Carebearheart wrote:

      that show was hideous anyway.

      I don't know, it certainly returned to its more humorous side in contrast to Mystery Incorporated, which in my opinion is the darkest out of all of them because of its darker linear story.

        Loading editor
    • Exactly, they are always changing. But Edward also makes a point that he just got used to it, so isn't that saying something to WB that something needs to stick around longer if someone is just getting used to it. I think there's always a need for WB to never linger and just go onto the next one as soon as possible.

      Actually the reason why this one is so close to BCSD is that BCSD was held back since the last few episodes of season 1 and has never had great momentum since then. So instead of a 2 year gap, there's only one.

        Loading editor
    • It just goes to show you, they're always willing to try new things and experiment.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:
      Exactly, they are always changing. But Edward also makes a point that he just got used to it, so isn't that saying something to WB that something needs to stick around longer if someone is just getting used to it. I think there's always a need for WB to never linger and just go onto the next one as soon as possible.

      Actually the reason why this one is so close to BCSD is that BCSD was held back since the last few episodes of season 1 and has never had great momentum since then. So instead of a 2 year gap, there's only one.

      Exactly this. I grew up with all of the different incarnations of Scooby Doo (my favorites are still Pup, What's New and Apocalypse), so I'm not shocked that there's a new show. I'm shocked because Cartoon Network has given it such a staggered release that I've seen at most 10 episodes of this show. I don't know how many there actually are (which is again the fault of the huge gaps in release dates), but I'd be shocked if there were more than 20.

      I'm surprised they're moving on to a new show because this show never really got a chance.

        Loading editor
    • Carebearheart wrote:
      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      A brand new show? Already? What happened to Be Cool? I'd actually gotten used to it.
      that show was hideous anyway.

      What made Be Cool hideous to me was the animation. Talk about an eyesore!

      Looked like a 5-year-old drew it.

        Loading editor
    • SonicFan wrote:
      Carebearheart wrote:
      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      A brand new show? Already? What happened to Be Cool? I'd actually gotten used to it.
      that show was hideous anyway.
      What made Be Cool hideous to me was the animation. Talk about an eyesore!

      Looked like a 5-year-old drew it.

      Ok we get your point, you can cut that out now.

        Loading editor
    • Plus they kind of ruin Daphne. I didn't mind giving her that trait of a bizarre hobby each episode to ruin her design. A lot of her fans criticize about that

        Loading editor
    • 8AnimeChampMaster wrote:
      Plus they kind of ruin Daphne. I didn't mind giving her that trait of a bizarre hobby each episode to ruin her design. A lot of her fans criticize about that

      Can we please stop making bad about Be Cool please, it's getting old.

        Loading editor
    • 8AnimeChampMaster wrote:
      Plus they kind of ruin Daphne. I didn't mind giving her that trait of a bizarre hobby each episode to ruin her design. A lot of her fans criticize about that

      What's New Scooby-Doo and the early DtV movies have the best characterization for the cast, in my opinion. Especially for Daphne. She spent decades being a damsel in distress and when she finally became an investigative journalist (Zombie Island) with martial arts expertise (Cyber Chase, Samurai's Ghost), it lasted right up until Mystery Incorporated came out, and she got reset back to zero across the board. That's why I enjoy Apocalypse, they turned her into Sarah Connor.

        Loading editor
    • That's because Mystery Incorporated returned to the show's roots in a sense. They gave it a more drastically retro look, which I didn't mind. It was also the second show (other than 13 Ghosts) to include a linear story, that involved not just revolving around the same formula in going to some random spooky place and unveiling the same bad guys in a mask, but it became something of an even bigger mystery.

      But back to Daphne, I think Mystery Incorporated was supposed to be a nod to the original Scooby-Doo format. The gang went back to their original wardrobe, the supporting characters in a way reflect a more 70s-esque era (especially in a fashion sense), and it gave a little more depth and backstory to Mystery Inc. in general.

        Loading editor
    • Of course they also had modern technology like cell phones and internet. Plus I got to say it; in the Mystery Incorporated one Velma looks hot! The first time I saw her in the first episode I thought to myself "That Velma?!" They actually made her hot and even hooked her up with Shaggy?!"

        Loading editor
    • 8AnimeChampMaster wrote:
      "That Velma?!" They actually made her hot and even hooked her up with Shaggy?!"

      Yeah, I liked how they added that in the first season to make it look a little more interesting.

        Loading editor
    • I don’t think Fred would... think about traps for too many time like in SDMI. I was just laughing at Fred

        Loading editor
    • What also interesting about Fred is that he's the only character of the animated franchise to still remain his original voice actor ( not counting A Pup Named Scooby-Doo) but if Frank Welker really did retire, who would do the voice of Fred?

        Loading editor
    • 8AnimeChampMaster wrote:
      What also interesting about Fred is that he's the only character of the animated franchise to still remain his original voice actor ( not counting A Pup Named Scooby-Doo) but if Frank Welker really did retire, who would do the voice of Fred?

      I wouldn't be opposed to them pulling from the live-action casts like they did with Shaggy. Freddie Prinze Jr or Robbie Amell would be pretty good choices, with both of them being relatively young and able to stay in the role for about as long as Frank has if need be.

        Loading editor
    • 8AnimeChampMaster wrote:
      What also interesting about Fred is that he's the only character of the animated franchise to still remain his original voice actor ( not counting A Pup Named Scooby-Doo) but if Frank Welker really did retire, who would do the voice of Fred?

      That remains to be seen. Although I can't help but think that his retirement may be in the next few years or sooner. But we never know, but they'll find a replacement for certain.

        Loading editor
    • But they have to find the right person to fill Frank Welker to shoes. I mean when Matthew was chosen to be play Shaggy in the action, no one expected him to voice him in the Animated Series but now he's recognizable at The Voice of Shaggy Rogers. I just hope the person who replaced Frank Welker would be The voice of Fred Jones

        Loading editor
    • That's the whole point.

        Loading editor
    • Guys, we are talking maybe 10 or 15 years into the future. Frank still seems to be in good health. Just watch a few of his interviews and Comic-Con panel discussions. I mean he's 72 years old right now and he can still provide the youth and vitality in Fred Jones and Scooby-Doo, and he still seems to enjoy doing it. You know, as long as it makes him happy voicing the hundreds of characters he had been portaying all these years, I don't think we really should be discussing retirement right now.

        Loading editor
    • I think it's going to be awesome once it's released.

        Loading editor
    • I'd go with freddie prince jr.

        Loading editor
    • Matthew Lillard was easy to go with because he exudes Shaggy. I'm just not sure FPJ could nail it for animation. But then I don't think they'd really care since they chose Kate Micucci for Velma, who was specifically chosen for BCSD, which I think that's why she works well for that version, but then was just placed into the movies as well, where she doesn't exactly fit just like if Lillard's voice was stuck on Shaggy's face on an old episode, it just wouldn't fit.

      But either way, Frank Welker is Scooby and Fred in Guess Who?

        Loading editor
    • Mariofan1955 wrote:
      he can still provide the youth and vitality in Fred Jones and Scooby-Doo

      Maybe it's because we've improved with our sound recording technology and he's been doing it so long, but Frank's Freddie honestly sounds younger now than he ever did in the 1960's.

      And I agree, if he still wants to do it and he's able to, he should. But the sad truth of the matter is no one is immortal or invulnerable and right now he's the oldest cast member. Eventually something will happen and we'll need not only a new Freddie, but also a new Scooby.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight
      TheAtomicLight removed this reply because:
      .
      20:28, August 6, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • In that case, Freddie Prinze Jr. or actually what about Scott Weinger (Aladdin and Full House)? He worked with Frank on Aladdin (Abu), and he sorta sounds a little like Fred, so what do you think?

        Loading editor
    • Very good.

        Loading editor
    • Mariofan1955 wrote: In that case, Freddie Prinze Jr. or actually what about Scott Weinger (Aladdin and Full House)? He worked with Frank on Aladdin (Abu), and he sorta sounds a little like Fred, so what do you think?

      Funny

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:

      But either way, Frank Welker is Scooby and Fred in Guess Who?

      Yep.

        Loading editor
    • Mariofan1955 wrote:
      In that case, Freddie Prinze Jr. or actually what about Scott Weinger (Aladdin and Full House)? He worked with Frank on Aladdin (Abu), and he sorta sounds a little like Fred, so what do you think?

      Sounds neat. Just imagine. First, he was D.J.'s boyfriend and then, a heroic street urchin from Agrabah. That would be one of Scott's best voice roles in years.

        Loading editor
    • Plus the only other work he does recently is playing Steve from Fuller house

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight
      TheAtomicLight removed this reply because:
      .
      20:47, August 19, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • TheAtomicLight
      TheAtomicLight removed this reply because:
      .
      20:47, August 19, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • TheAtomicLight
      TheAtomicLight removed this reply because:
      .
      20:48, August 19, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • TheAtomicLight
      TheAtomicLight removed this reply because:
      .
      20:48, August 19, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • TheAtomicLight
      TheAtomicLight removed this reply because:
      .
      20:48, August 19, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Let's not get off track, guys.

        Loading editor
    • Okay.

        Loading editor
    • Right. Frank Welker is still voicing Fred and Scooby-Doo as we speak for Guess Who?, and that's all we need to say on that matter.

        Loading editor
    • Right.

        Loading editor
    • Mariofan1955 wrote:
      Right. Frank Welker is still voicing Fred and Scooby-Doo as we speak for Guess Who?, and that's all we need to say on that matter.

      I agree

        Loading editor
    • Indeed.

        Loading editor
    • So, has Guess Who been announced when it'll be premiering on Boomerang?

        Loading editor
    • Not yet.

        Loading editor
    • I think they said by next year on the site. Not sure when it will be on TV. If this is really internet exclusive for US then it will obviously on be the site, but they're not Netflix and they've been kinda sloppy about it, so it might be on TV in the death slot again to give the pretense that it's still internet exclusive.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe Wonder Woman's archenemy Cheetah can be the culprit in that episode?

        Loading editor
    • I'm actually excited for Bill Nye, since I've actually seen his show back in elementary school!

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:
      I think they said by next year on the site. Not sure when it will be on TV. If this is really internet exclusive for US then it will obviously on be the site, but they're not Netflix and they've been kinda sloppy about it, so it might be on TV in the death slot again to give the pretense that it's still internet exclusive.

      They Just Said 'Next Year'. Also I Think Cartoon Network And Boomerang Will Go All Out Next Year. Next Year Is 50 Years Of Scooby-Doo!

        Loading editor
    • Really?

        Loading editor
    • My guess is they going to play 50 years worth Scooby-Doo episodes.

        Loading editor
    • I can't wait for that.

        Loading editor
    • I hope so.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah because the only episodes we've seen on Boomerang lately are a Pup Named Scooby-Doo and be cool Scooby-Doo.

        Loading editor
    • Well show schedules change from time to time.

        Loading editor
    • Boomerang's been a little disappointing as of late. I can remember 8 years ago much of their programming was still old-school Hanna-Barbera content. Josie and the Pussycats was partly the reason why I asked my dad to add Boomerang to my cable service, because Josie's still one of my favorite cartoons. Now they don't show almost ANY Hanna-Barbera shows at all, and when they do they move them to the graveyard slot.

        Loading editor
    • Mariofan1955 wrote:
      Boomerang's been a little disappointing as of late. I can remember 8 years ago much of their programming was still old-school Hanna-Barbera content. Josie and the Pussycats was partly the reason why I asked my dad to add Boomerang to my cable service, because Josie's still one of my favorite cartoons. Now they don't show almost ANY Hanna-Barbera shows at all, and when they do they move them to the graveyard slot.

      It's sad, because most of the 90's and 2000's cartoons should be balanced into the normal Cartoon Network rotation instead of being shoved into Boomerang to make room for 150 hours of Teen Titans GO a week.

      Boomerang should always be Hanna-Barbera shows. Honestly, I'd pay good money for a Scooby-Doo streaming service, so that we could see episodes and movies that don't air anymore.

        Loading editor
    • Right.

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      Mariofan1955 wrote:
      Boomerang's been a little disappointing as of late. I can remember 8 years ago much of their programming was still old-school Hanna-Barbera content. Josie and the Pussycats was partly the reason why I asked my dad to add Boomerang to my cable service, because Josie's still one of my favorite cartoons. Now they don't show almost ANY Hanna-Barbera shows at all, and when they do they move them to the graveyard slot.
      It's sad, because most of the 90's and 2000's cartoons should be balanced into the normal Cartoon Network rotation instead of being shoved into Boomerang to make room for 150 hours of Teen Titans GO a week.

      Boomerang should always be Hanna-Barbera shows. Honestly, I'd pay good money for a Scooby-Doo streaming service, so that we could see episodes and movies that don't air anymore.

      I'm not naming websites but they're the only way to watch Hanna-Barbera cartoons.

        Loading editor
    • Right.

        Loading editor
    • SonicFan wrote:
      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      Mariofan1955 wrote:
      Boomerang's been a little disappointing as of late. I can remember 8 years ago much of their programming was still old-school Hanna-Barbera content. Josie and the Pussycats was partly the reason why I asked my dad to add Boomerang to my cable service, because Josie's still one of my favorite cartoons. Now they don't show almost ANY Hanna-Barbera shows at all, and when they do they move them to the graveyard slot.
      It's sad, because most of the 90's and 2000's cartoons should be balanced into the normal Cartoon Network rotation instead of being shoved into Boomerang to make room for 150 hours of Teen Titans GO a week.

      Boomerang should always be Hanna-Barbera shows. Honestly, I'd pay good money for a Scooby-Doo streaming service, so that we could see episodes and movies that don't air anymore.

      I'm not naming websites but they're the only way to watch Hanna-Barbera cartoons.

      A Hanna-Barbera Streaming Service Would Be Easy To Market Loads of People Want To See Them!

        Loading editor
    • I understand how you feel and to be honest I kinda agree with you, but it's just not our call, you can try to do something about it, but there's no guarantee.

        Loading editor
    • How about we stick to this soon-to-be treasured S-D! remake instead of bellyaching about both Boomerang and CN?

      This is hardly the place for it.

        Loading editor
    • Not particularly. Scooby-Doo is shown on both Boomerang and Cartoon Network, and the remake is soon going to be released on Boomerang sometime next year. That DOES NOT make up for the fact that Boomerang's still been pretty disappointing recently. It does relate in some way.

      Talking about Frank Welker's hypothetical retirement was off-topic though.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not sure how I feel about having Halsey on there. In her music she's always "The Bisexual" (not that that's bad, but that's one of her main themes) or shooting up, and I'm not sure how well either of them translates into an animated mystery show.

        Loading editor
    • Wave9Nut wrote:

      SonicFan wrote:
      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      Mariofan1955 wrote:
      Boomerang's been a little disappointing as of late. I can remember 8 years ago much of their programming was still old-school Hanna-Barbera content. Josie and the Pussycats was partly the reason why I asked my dad to add Boomerang to my cable service, because Josie's still one of my favorite cartoons. Now they don't show almost ANY Hanna-Barbera shows at all, and when they do they move them to the graveyard slot.
      It's sad, because most of the 90's and 2000's cartoons should be balanced into the normal Cartoon Network rotation instead of being shoved into Boomerang to make room for 150 hours of Teen Titans GO a week.

      Boomerang should always be Hanna-Barbera shows. Honestly, I'd pay good money for a Scooby-Doo streaming service, so that we could see episodes and movies that don't air anymore.

      I'm not naming websites but they're the only way to watch Hanna-Barbera cartoons.

      A Hanna-Barbera Streaming Service Would Be Easy To Market Loads of People Want To See Them!

      The answer to that is Boomerang.com. Time Warner can only make so many streaming services, and Hanna-Barbera just falls under their animated umbrella for kids, that's why you won't see one devoted entirely to Looney Tunes or the MGM library of Tom and Jerry and Droopy. It will all just go straight to Boomerang.com.

        Loading editor
    • Nataliaward wrote: I'm not sure how I feel about having Halsey on there. In her music she's always "The Bisexual" (not that that's bad, but that's one of her main themes) or shooting up, and I'm not sure how well either of them translates into an animated mystery show.

      Yeah, I've noticed how Sia probably wouldn't fit either. But WB's about shoving things into the wrong places, so it will be what it be, either watchable or unwatchable, as is always the case.

        Loading editor
    • The last time I checked Boomerang.com they had blocked it off from non-US citizens, so that's disappointing. I wanted to see them add the last of BCSD, but can't do that now or see anything else they have or put up.

        Loading editor
    • Penn and Teller are happening.

        Loading editor
    • Perfect.

        Loading editor
    • Do you know that... there may be some normal episodes for "Scooby-Doo! Guess Who?" but can there be some musical episodes? (Not too much musical episodes, please!)

        Loading editor
    • I wish the series would do like they did in the first four scooby doo movies.

        Loading editor
    • 8AnimeChampMaster wrote: I wish the series would do like they did in the first four scooby doo movies.

      Like Scooby-doo! Music of the vampire, Scooby goes hollywood, and Scooby-doo! Stage Fright

        Loading editor
    • I said the first four movies. Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost, Alien Invaders and Cyber Chase; where the monsters and aliens were real and not people in mask (Yes Alien Invaders had real Aliens and Cyber Chase had the Phantom Virus)

        Loading editor
    • Yup.

        Loading editor
    • How about an Inspector Gadget episode.

        Loading editor
    • That would be cool. And maybe an Ben 10 episode. Even an Pokémon or Digimon episode.

        Loading editor
    • Connor Lacey wrote: That would be cool. And maybe an Ben 10 episode. Even an Pokémon or Digimon episode.

      Maybe when Pokémon goes back to it’s better art style.

        Loading editor
    • Yup.

        Loading editor
    • If this thread is taken into fantasy crossovers than I will close this thread. Take your fantasies someplace else.

        Loading editor
    • Okay. Sorry.

        Loading editor
    • I need a return from Cher and Sandy Duncan. Cher's definitely too expensive now, but I think they're both the only surviving guest stars from the original Movies, and their episodes were two of the best. So they should come back. Ooh, and since Batman's coming back, they have to team up with the current line-up of the Globetrotters.

      If they still want to do Hannah-Barbera crossovers like back in the day, I need a time travel episode with the Flinstones or the Jetsons (or both, maybe the past, present and future collide?), and they need to meet Yogi Bear, which they never have outside of Laff-A-Lympics.

        Loading editor
    • The only problem I see with Cher and Sandy coming back, is that they would prevent their episodes from being released onto DVD, unless laws have changed for newer episodes.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:
      The only problem I see with Cher and Sandy coming back, is that they would prevent their episodes from being released onto DVD, unless laws have changed for newer episodes.

      This is true. Alternatively, maybe them coming back could facilitate a deal for them to allow their older episodes to finally be released on DVD. (Granted, Cher can't approve on behalf of Sonny as they're no longer married, but I believe their son Chaz is Sonny's heir, so if his mother asked, he could approve the release of the episode on behalf of Sonny's estate.)

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:
      The only problem I see with Cher and Sandy coming back, is that they would prevent their episodes from being released onto DVD, unless laws have changed for newer episodes.

      Back then, no one knew what "home video" was so it wasn't included in a guest star's contract. Nowadays, WB would definetly have that ironed out before recording even began

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:
      The only problem I see with Cher and Sandy coming back, is that they would prevent their episodes from being released onto DVD, unless laws have changed for newer episodes.

      I wouldn't say they deliberately prevented their episodes from being released on DVD personally, it was just that Warner Home Video couldn't afford everybody because of royalty and IP payments involved. They were following a strict deadline and couldn't get them all. WHV's had some problems in the past with releasing some of Hanna-Barbera's content, e.g. not being able to include the laugh track when they released Josie and the Pussycats onto DVD. I'm still waiting for The Banana Splits to finally be out.

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      I need a return from Cher and Sandy Duncan. Cher's definitely too expensive now, but I think they're both the only surviving guest stars from the original Movies, and their episodes were two of the best.

      Dick Van Dyke's still alive. And so's Tim Conway. So far, Conway's been a no-go as well with getting his episode released, but that may change with due time.

        Loading editor
    • Mariofan1955 wrote:
      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      I need a return from Cher and Sandy Duncan. Cher's definitely too expensive now, but I think they're both the only surviving guest stars from the original Movies, and their episodes were two of the best.
      Dick Van Dyke's still alive. And so's Tim Conway. So far, Conway's been a no-go as well with getting his episode released, but that may change with due time.

      I'm so ashamed that I forgot about DvD. I just saw him in the Mary Poppins trailer like a month ago.

        Loading editor
    • Just to add my one last thought about The New Scooby-Doo Movies, you'd think enough time would've surpassed, that they could attempt to get the other episodes. Okay, they couldn't afford some of the episodes back then, but what about now? Are they really letting a setback from from 13 years ago still dictate to them? Or maybe they have been trying to do it since then. Also, they've released the Josie and the Pussycats twice on DVD, and yet somehow there's an issue between Warner and Archie with Josie being on an episode of Scooby-Doo. The irony is that Archie did their own HB comics.

      That home theater forum used to do Q&As with WHV, which would be a good way of finding out, but I don't think they've done those in years.

      Or is the pay not only the issue, here?

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:
      Just to add my one last thought about The New Scooby-Doo Movies, you'd think enough time would've surpassed, that they could attempt to get the other episodes. Okay, they couldn't afford some of the episodes back then, but what about now? Are they really letting a setback from from 13 years ago still dictate to them? Or maybe they have been trying to do it since then. Also, they've released the Josie and the Pussycats twice on DVD, and yet somehow there's an issue between Warner and Archie with Josie being on an episode of Scooby-Doo. The irony is that Archie did their own HB comics.

      That home theater forum used to do Q&As with WHV, which would be a good way of finding out, but I don't think they've done those in years.

      Or is the pay not only the issue, here?

      I would imagine pay is the issue for some cases, other cases could simply be that the star (or their family, in the case of an estate) don't like the episode.

        Loading editor
    • Okay, so on "Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?" There may be a lot of non-musical episodes, but can there some musical episodes? But not too many.

        Loading editor
    • Niveithika1999 wrote: Okay, so on "Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?" There may be a lot of non-musical episodes, but can there some musical episodes? But not too many.

      This isn't a wishlist thread. (And don't say sorry. I don't mind you saying about the whole musical thing, but just say what you want, instead of saying it in the form of a question. I don't say this to be unkind, I say it because what you're asking isn't going to be handed over to someone in authority. It also gets very tedious when some of you go off the deep end with what you want.)

        Loading editor
    • I found out this show will be released on the 24th, two weeks from Sunday.

      The question before us is how anyone can see the show if they don't have the Boomerang app.

        Loading editor
    • 24th of what month?

        Loading editor
    • Connor Lacey wrote:
      24th of what month?

      March

        Loading editor
    • I don't care if it's tomorrow. I need a source that isn't from IMDb. You realise that we are living in March? I'm sure there'd be some real news if this was the case.

        Loading editor
    • Perfect.

        Loading editor
    • I was just  wondering today if we had any release date info, but obviously not. IMDB can be edited by anyone, and if it was coming in two weeks, we'd know by now. Boomerang isn't Beyoncé, I doubt they do surprise releases. Especially for something as anticipated as this.

        Loading editor
    • Is Garfield going to be a guest star? I saw an image for Scooby soo and guess who with Garfield Jon and Odie

        Loading editor
    • I don't know, direct us to the image!

        Loading editor
    • I couldn't find one with Garfield that Penguino! mentioned but I did find this poster, which is seemingly showing off the art style and it's very reminiscent of the scrapped opening for the original live-action movie.

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      I couldn't find one with Garfield that Penguino! mentioned but I did find this poster, which is seemingly showing off the art style and it's very reminiscent of the scrapped opening for the original live-action movie.

      I actually really like that style!!! :)

        Loading editor
    • If they're already making posters I hope they release a trailer soon! 

        Loading editor
    • Here's a poster I found. https://imgur.com/DBOesur

        Loading editor
    • me tSimonTheThespian wrote:
      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      I couldn't find one with Garfield that Penguino! mentioned but I did find this poster, which is seemingly showing off the art style and it's very reminiscent of the scrapped opening for the original live-action movie.
      I actually really like that style!!! :)

      me too! this is a relief after Be Cool, not if only they would go back to the What's New Scooby-Doo eyes with white around them.

        Loading editor
    • Two posters for the show and we still don't have a release date or trailer? This is so frustrating.

      And personally, I'm so sick of the 1969 costumes. I get it for the direct-to-video movies, because that's just the way it is, but literally every show since 13 Ghosts has been redesigning the characters' outfits. (For MI, it was just Velma and her hairclips and for BC, it was just Daphne and her short sleeves and practical flats, but still.) And Guess Who decides to go right back to the classic outfits. I miss the What's New outfits.

        Loading editor
    • That poster has nothing to do with Guess Who, and just something special in general for what's available separately on the Boomerang app.

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      Two posters for the show and we still don't have a release date or trailer? This is so frustrating.

      And personally, I'm so sick of the 1969 costumes. I get it for the direct-to-video movies, because that's just the way it is, but literally every show since 13 Ghosts has been redesigning the characters' outfits. (For MI, it was just Velma and her hairclips and for BC, it was just Daphne and her short sleeves and practical flats, but still.) And Guess Who decides to go right back to the classic outfits. I miss the What's New outfits.

      About their 1969 looks? Are they really that awful? But you're right about one thing. I'm sure they could use a change in outfits. Maybe a blue short-sleeved polo shirt for Fred or Daphne with ponytail hair and jeans.

        Loading editor
    • Nothing about the gang fit the decade they're in. It's just old men and what they thought teenagers should look like. WB now are just going with what they think is popular which is the original outfits back in 1969. WB regretted doing BCSD in the end, so they don't want to tinker with the formula anymore, which is what we're getting with Guess Who. Hopefully they do something new with SCOOB.

        Loading editor
    • yeah BCSD art style was...interesting to say the least. But the thing that was interesting about What's New's outfits were that Fred was missing his signature ascot. Didn't they do an episode about ascots in Mystery Incorporated?

      I wonder if they would do one episode where the outfits are changed just to see how people would react

        Loading editor
    • Penguino! wrote:
      yeah BCSD art style was...interesting to say the least. But the thing that was interesting about What's New's outfits were that Fred was missing his signature handkerchief thing (i forget what its called) Didn't they do an episode about those handkerchief things in Mystery Incorporated?

      I wonder if they would do one episode where the outfits are changed just to see how people would react

      It's called an ascot.

        Loading editor
    • thx :)

        Loading editor
    • SonicFan wrote:
      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      Two posters for the show and we still don't have a release date or trailer? This is so frustrating.

      And personally, I'm so sick of the 1969 costumes. I get it for the direct-to-video movies, because that's just the way it is, but literally every show since 13 Ghosts has been redesigning the characters' outfits. (For MI, it was just Velma and her hairclips and for BC, it was just Daphne and her short sleeves and practical flats, but still.) And Guess Who decides to go right back to the classic outfits. I miss the What's New outfits.

      About their 1969 looks? Are they really that awful? But your'e right about one thing. I'm sure they could use a change in outfits. Maybe a blue short-sleeved polo shirt for Fred or Daphne with ponytail hair and jeans.

      The 1969 outfits are iconic and honestly really pleasing to the eye (especially Daphne's), but they've been around for 50 years, and they weren't even in style back in 1969! It's time for a change. Besides, outside of Pup and Alien Invaders, has Velma ever changed her outfit? I honestly would love something like Verona Dempsey's look for her, only with the vest obviously being red. Even Shaggy had red shirt Shaggy, and jeans in Pup!

        Loading editor
    • Or maybe, leave the outfits the way they are. Keep the ascots for Fred and Daphne, Shaggy loves his green shirt, Daphne loves her headband. I love their outfits.

        Loading editor
    • YAY

        Loading editor
    • ...and Scooby loves his collar

        Loading editor
    • This is a crazy idea but what if for a one hour speical they bring back HIM!

        Loading editor
    • huh whos that??

        Loading editor
    • You know who. The one who must never be MENTION in the series

        Loading editor
    • 8AnimeChampMaster wrote:
      You know who. The one who must never be MENTION in the series

      Scrappy? That would be awesome, but very unlikely given his recent and continuously bad treatment...

        Loading editor
    • true, he wasnt even featured in that 13 ghost thingys

      I WOULD LOVE THAT SPECIAL ThO

        Loading editor
    • can't we give Scrappy a second chance?

        Loading editor
    • Yeah I mean they gave flim-flam a chance and people start liking him. The question remains who would be his voice actor?

        Loading editor
    • 8AnimeChampMaster wrote:
      Yeah I mean they gave flim-flam a chance and people start liking him. The question remains who would be his voice actor?

      Scott Innes has my vote. He voiced him in the live-action movie and was a perfect fit IMO.

        Loading editor
    • the question is; what would be the premise? With it either be a " criminal hide under a mask" or " Supernatural is real" before anyone ask, let me explain;

      When Scrappy first appeared he was in the season where Scooby and the others face with criminals who disguise themselves. However is the next season when it was just Scooby and Shaggy and Scrappy they encounter Supernatural events such as the episode where they encounter a genie who dog fell in love with Scooby, or they got to the job in a construction site only to encounter a vampire, or the one where they went to outer space and landed on the moon.

        Loading editor
    • Carebearheart wrote:
      can't we give Scrappy a second chance?

      WE do. WB does not

        Loading editor
    • 8AnimeChampMaster wrote:
      the question is; what would be the premise? With it either be a " criminal hide under a mask" or " Supernatural is real" before anyone ask, let me explain;

      When Scrappy first appeared he was in the season where Scooby and the others face with criminals who disguise themselves. However is the next season when it was just Scooby and Shaggy and Scrappy they encounter Supernatural events such as the episode where they encounter a genie who dog fell in love with Scooby, or they got to the job in a construction site only to encounter a vampire, or the one where they went to outer space and landed on the moon.

      i'd guess it would have to be criminal hide under mask, because WB probably hated anything being supernatural. I mean, look at 13 ghosts, supernatural series except that was criminal hidses under mask. Have they done anything with supernaturals?

        Loading editor
    • Let's not get into Scrappy here. He's not going to make any notable appearance. This series is about guest stars with notable celebrities and fictional characters OUTSIDE the franchise.

        Loading editor
    • true

      but what about the supernaturals? will they be in it (i still doubt it)

        Loading editor
    • I don't know. Unless they want be ambiguous.

        Loading editor
    • oh k

        Loading editor
    • will any cartoonists or famous artists be in this?

        Loading editor
    • Penguino! wrote: will any cartoonists or famous artists be in this?

      My lead message says who will be in it, so there's your answer. Any more people who get announced will be added.

        Loading editor
    • What if they do a episodr where the scooby gang meet their voice actors?

        Loading editor
    • 8AnimeChampMaster wrote:
      What if they do a episodr where the scooby gang meet their voice actors?

      That would be cool! Speaking of which, today is Frank Welker's birthday!

        Loading editor
    • 8AnimeChampMaster wrote:
      What if they do a episodr where the scooby gang meet their voice actors?

      That would be so meta, I'd love it.

        Loading editor
    • HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANK WELKER!!!!

        Loading editor
    • 8AnimeChampMaster wrote:
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANK WELKER!!!!

      WOOT WOOT!!!

        Loading editor
    • YEAH! How many cartoon characters has he voiced again? XD

        Loading editor
    • legend says he might be the next Mel Blanc

        Loading editor
    • Penguino! wrote:
      YEAH!

      How many cartoon characters has he voiced again? XD

      Too many to count, lol.

        Loading editor
    • Happy birthday, Frank Welker

        Loading editor
    • His birthday was yesterday.

        Loading editor
    • eh who cares we still celebrated it

        Loading editor
    • At this point, who knows when it will be released!

        Loading editor
    • 8AnimeChampMaster wrote: His birthday was yesterday.

      A day late isn't that bad. It shouldn't even be here, period, as it's off-topic.

        Loading editor
    • I am really looking forward to who the first guest star is going to be. I hope it's Mark Hamill.

        Loading editor
    • or sherlock holmes

        Loading editor
    • I know there's only one person I do not want to guests star; Justin Bieber!

        Loading editor
    • YES i agree

        Loading editor
    • Whatever day this show makes its debut, I hope it'll be shown online as well.

        Loading editor
    • yeah, but if its good, it might debut online a lot later.

        Loading editor
    • SonicFan wrote:
      Whatever day this show makes its debut, I hope it'll be shown online as well.

      Yup! The current plan is that all the episodes will be released on the Boomerang online streaming service! :)

        Loading editor
    • Waiting for a release date or some news is such torture.

        Loading editor
    • Yup, just hope it doesn’t look like Be Cool

        Loading editor
    • Imagine if they animate it to look like the curse of the 13th ghost.

        Loading editor
    • I think they should bring back Vincent Van Ghoul for one episode, plus bring back Maurice LaMarche, who took over the role after Price's death.

        Loading editor
    • Mariofan1955 wrote:
      I think they should bring back Vincent Van Ghoul for one episode, plus bring back Maurice LaMarche, who took over the role after Price's death.

      I somewhat doubt they will because Curse of the 13'th Ghost just came out...

        Loading editor
    • Ahhh, thanks. Let me look more into that.

        Loading editor
    • One other question remains; will it be a half hour or 1 hour series.

        Loading editor
    • Probably half-hour. TNSDM was originally hourly, which caused problems with some syndication markets, notably WB. I remember when they aired that briefly on Kids WB around 2002-2003, they split each episode into two separate parts.

        Loading editor
    • The other thing is if it's going to be an hourly series, it means more work for the screenwriters so hopefully they can expand a worthwhile plot that can squeeze into 45 minutes of screen time. I would like them to mirror TNSDM and do an hourly series, but that's just what the production team needs to consider.

        Loading editor
    • I would definitely prefer hourly, more opportunity to deepen the characters of our gang and their guests. Not to mention, most streaming exclusive shows do tend to favor hour long episodes to promote binge-watching.

        Loading editor
    • And it should be at a continuum.

        Loading editor
    • 8AnimeChampMaster wrote: And it should be at a continuum.

      What's that?

        Loading editor
    • I wasn't that much of a fan of the 40 minutes of TNSDM, it just drags and drags, but with different writers, it could do better.

        Loading editor
    • A Continuum is where they continue the story after an episode. Like they did in Mystery Incorporated

        Loading editor
    • We know what continuum means.

        Loading editor
    • Just answering the question

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight
      TheAtomicLight removed this reply because:
      .
      19:08, March 17, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Never mind, you said it okay before, I was plain just not reading it right.

        Loading editor
    • Unless each episode is gonna refer back to the previous guest star, I doubt there'd be much continuum. As it is, they're not exactly bothered about continuum in general at the moment.

        Loading editor
    • Well, at this point, they're not releasing it on the 24'th...

        Loading editor
    • do we even know that they're releasing it this year?

        Loading editor
    • Penguino! wrote: do we even know that they're releasing it this year?

      They already recorded all the episodes, so it wouldn't make sense for them not too.

        Loading editor
    • how do you know this?

        Loading editor
    • A little less than a year ago, Frank Weller posted a video on Twitter of them in the recording studio for Guess Who.

        Loading editor
    • oh

        Loading editor
    • I was considering making a separate discussion for guest ideas for the show.

        Loading editor
    • Carebearheart wrote:
      I was considering making a separate discussion for guest ideas for the show.

      That's problaby on-topic enough to keep it here. Run it by TheAtomicLight.

        Loading editor
    • SimonTheThespian wrote: A little less than a year ago, Frank Weller posted a video on Twitter of them in the recording studio for Guess Who.

      Can you show it to me,please?

        Loading editor
    • Niveithika1999 wrote:

      SimonTheThespian wrote: A little less than a year ago, Frank Weller posted a video on Twitter of them in the recording studio for Guess Who.

      Can you show it to me,please?

      It's on his twitter. If you scroll back enough, you'll find it.

        Loading editor
    • Penguino! wrote: do we even know that they're releasing it this year?

      The last official confirmation was this year, but on Facebook, Chris Bailey speculated that the AT&T buyout may have pushed it further back for some reason. (But I imagine there could be a million reasons why the show wouldn't air this year. One of them being some flimsy rationale on why it isn't good to air it this year. The same reason Cartoon Network gave up on BCSD and found it really hard to air SDMI properly.)

        Loading editor
    • Niveithika1999 wrote:

      SimonTheThespian wrote: A little less than a year ago, Frank Weller posted a video on Twitter of them in the recording studio for Guess Who.

      Can you show it to me,please?

      There's no such person as Frank Weller, and I believe it was Grey DeLisle who done it.

        Loading editor
    • Carebearheart wrote: I was considering making a separate discussion for guest ideas for the show.

      If you feel it necessary than make a separate one. I don't really want to see a list of impossible guests that will never happen on this thread.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:

      Niveithika1999 wrote:

      SimonTheThespian wrote: A little less than a year ago, Frank Weller posted a video on Twitter of them in the recording studio for Guess Who.

      Can you show it to me,please?
      There's no such person as Frank Weller, and I believe it was Grey DeLisle who done it.

      Oh, sorry- typo! LOL

        Loading editor
    • I thought so! Also, Frank Welker doesn't have a Twitter account, but he does have an imposter.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:
      I thought so! Also, Frank Welker doesn't have a Twitter account, but he does have an imposter.

      It must have been Grey DeLisle then...

        Loading editor
    • She also posted it on Instagram, I think, which is probably easier to find since Grey posts less on Instagram than on Twitter (the last time I checked).

        Loading editor
    • Although, no video has actually showed them recording lines, just either sitting in the booth or somewhere else in the studio.

        Loading editor
    • Oh.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:

      Penguino! wrote: do we even know that they're releasing it this year?

      The last official confirmation was this year, but on Facebook, Chris Bailey speculated that the AT&T buyout may have pushed it further back for some reason. (But I imagine there could be a million reasons why the show wouldn't air this year. One of them being some flimsy rationale on why it isn't good to air it this year. The same reason Cartoon Network gave up on BCSD and found it really hard to air SDMI properly.)

      AT&T buyout?

        Loading editor
    • A company called AT&T bought Time Warner, which owns Warner Bros.

        Loading editor
    • oh

      its the phone company

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:
      A company called AT&T bought Time Warner, which owns Warner Bros.

      I've always hated those BS Mandela Effect theories, but I could've sworn AT&T bought Time Warner like 10 years ago?

        Loading editor
    • Uhm ok

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight
      TheAtomicLight removed this reply because:
      .
      17:09, March 26, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Huh? What are these alleged rain booms?

        Loading editor
    • Adam strickland wrote:
      How about one with the Rainbooms from Equestria Girls? Or one with the cast of My Babysitter Is A Vampire?

      Neither will work at all! Hasbro owns My Little Pony and Disney owns MBIAV! It has to be from WB or Hanna-Barbera.

        Loading editor
    • Yogi Bear!!!

        Loading editor
    • Or at least The Rainbow Panthers

        Loading editor
    • Penguino! wrote:
      Yogi Bear!!!

      Now that, would be awesome!

        Loading editor
    • Take it with a grain of salt, but on IMDB it says the show is premiering this Saturday.

        Loading editor
    • Penguino! wrote:
      Or at least The Rainbow Panthers

      Please that show needs a revival.

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      Take it with a grain of salt, but on IMDB it says the show is premiering this Saturday.

      If that's true, they're doing a terrible job of promoting it! XD

        Loading editor
    • YES

        Loading editor
    • Penguino! wrote:
      YES

      👍 

        Loading editor
    • I don’t mind it If the monsters are good. But if it is in another reality, I want daphne to be very similar to her bcsd incarnation.

        Loading editor
    • Yup.

        Loading editor
    • Stop promoting something from IMDb that isn't happening. How many times does one have to say this?

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote: Take it with a grain of salt, but on IMDB it says the show is premiering this Saturday.

      I'll be taking a lot more than a grain of salt. I'll be taking it by a truck full of it.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:

      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote: Take it with a grain of salt, but on IMDB it says the show is premiering this Saturday.

      I'll be taking a lot more than a grain of salt. I'll be taking it by a truck full of it.

      XD

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:

      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote: Take it with a grain of salt, but on IMDB it says the show is premiering this Saturday.

      I'll be taking a lot more than a grain of salt. I'll be taking it by a truck full of it.

      ha, yeah :)

        Loading editor
    • Goober and the ghost chasers.

        Loading editor
    • Penguino! wrote:
      TheAtomicLight wrote:

      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote: Take it with a grain of salt, but on IMDB it says the show is premiering this Saturday.

      I'll be taking a lot more than a grain of salt. I'll be taking it by a truck full of it.
      ha, yeah :)

      There's no need to laugh at people for sharing news. I saw it on Reddit, didn't believe it, but posted it on here just in case. It turned out to be false, no big deal.

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:

      Penguino! wrote:
      TheAtomicLight wrote:

      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote: Take it with a grain of salt, but on IMDB it says the show is premiering this Saturday.

      I'll be taking a lot more than a grain of salt. I'll be taking it by a truck full of it.
      ha, yeah :)

      There's no need to laugh at people for sharing news. I saw it on Reddit, didn't believe it, but posted it on here just in case. It turned out to be false, no big deal.

      Nobody's laughing at you. But Reddit probably saw it from IMDb, and IMDb was giving false info. Big surprise! Not.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight
      TheAtomicLight removed this reply because:
      .
      17:08, March 26, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • PeaceableKingdom wrote:
      I don’t mind it If the monsters are good. But if it is in another reality, I want daphne to be very similar to her bcsd incarnation.

      No! Be Cool Daphne nearly ruined Daphne!

        Loading editor
    • Carebearheart wrote:
      What does anyone think of We Bare Bears as guest stars?

      I think that would be hilarious- I love We Bare Bears! I don't think it's likely though, SDAGW is airing on Boomerang, not CN. But they're still run by the same parent company so it's possible...

        Loading editor
    • Carebearheart wrote: What does anyone think of We Bare Bears as guest stars?

      You're going to make a separate thread, so make a separate thread.

        Loading editor
    • Carebearheart wrote:
      PeaceableKingdom wrote:
      I don’t mind it If the monsters are good. But if it is in another reality, I want daphne to be very similar to her bcsd incarnation.
      No! Be Cool Daphne nearly ruined Daphne!

      I actually think BCSD Daphne was good. Different, but good. In all the other incarnations she was just a damsel in distress. BCSD gave her character so I appreciate that.

        Loading editor
    • yeah, but what about her puppet thing? That part was...interesting, but I felt like BCSD was kinda a large joke.

        Loading editor
    • The personalities aren't going to be like BCSD. WB don't want anything to go wrong with this series, so they're just going to go straight with the personalities, so anything that was gained with BCSD will be lost.

        Loading editor
    • yeah. That animation bugged me, so im glad its back to "normal"

        Loading editor
    • Watson better be in this if Sherlock is. Also, I wonder how Bill Nye will be presented

        Loading editor
    • SimonTheThespian wrote:
      Carebearheart wrote:
      PeaceableKingdom wrote:
      I don’t mind it If the monsters are good. But if it is in another reality, I want daphne to be very similar to her bcsd incarnation.
      No! Be Cool Daphne nearly ruined Daphne!
      I actually think BCSD Daphne was good. Different, but good. In all the other incarnations she was just a damsel in distress. BCSD gave her character so I appreciate that.

      She was very much an adrenaline junkie and Lady MacGyver in What's New and I appreciated that. I would prefer either that or the zany BCSD Daphne, but like Atomic Light said, they're probably going to go with Danger Prone Damsel Daphne.

        Loading editor
    • Now if only they could work on Fred. I'm not with everyone who hates Immature Fred, per se. In fact, he's nowhere near the same level as Mandy from Totally Spies or Princess Morbucks from PPG but he'd be so much more tolerable if he was serious at times and able to realize Daphne's love for him.

        Loading editor
    • SimonTheThespian wrote:

      Carebearheart wrote:
      What does anyone think of We Bare Bears as guest stars?

      I think that would be hilarious- I love We Bare Bears! I don't think it's likely though, SDAGW is airing on Boomerang, not CN. But they're still run by the same parent company so it's possible...

      That's why I just think it's easier to make a separate thread. People can get say whatever nonsensical crossover they want.

        Loading editor
    • SonicFan wrote:
      Now if only they could work on Fred. I'm not with everyone who hates Immature Fred, per se. In fact, he's nowhere near the same level as Mandy from Totally Spies or Princess Morbucks from PPG but he'd be so much more tolerable if he was serious at times and able to realize Daphne's love for him.

      They have to be very careful with Fred in any adaptation. If he's too serious, he becomes the BCSD Control Freak (whom I love, but would not work well with the "classic" personalities of the gang AT ALL), but if he's not serious enough, he's the APNSD conspiracy nut (who, again, I love, but wouldn't work in a less cartoony style like the "classic" vibe they seem to be laser-focused on). And while I love MI, his depiction in that is just... So dumb. I mean, they make him obsessed with nets and traps, but they don't also give him the context of being a hunter of some kind? He just looks weird and creepy.

      Honestly, I think the WNSD personality for Fred is a pretty good fit. He's an overprotective friend, scolding Daphne for making dangerous decisions while at the same time putting himself in harm's way to protect Velma.

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:

      SonicFan wrote:
      Now if only they could work on Fred. I'm not with everyone who hates Immature Fred, per se. In fact, he's nowhere near the same level as Mandy from Totally Spies or Princess Morbucks from PPG but he'd be so much more tolerable if he was serious at times and able to realize Daphne's love for him.

      They have to be very careful with Fred in any adaptation. If he's too serious, he becomes the BCSD Control Freak (whom I love, but would not work well with the "classic" personalities of the gang AT ALL), but if he's not serious enough, he's the APNSD conspiracy nut (who, again, I love, but wouldn't work in a less cartoony style like the "classic" vibe they seem to be laser-focused on). And while I love MI, his depiction in that is just... So dumb. I mean, they make him obsessed with nets and traps, but they don't also give him the context of being a hunter of some kind? He just looks weird and creepy.

      Honestly, I think the WNSD personality for Fred is a pretty good fit. He's an overprotective friend, scolding Daphne for making dangerous decisions while at the same time putting himself in harm's way to protect Velma.

      I agree, except a little with the WNSD depiction. He was unnecessarily portrayed as a jock, who was a bit dense at times. As if they were trying to make him more flexible, but then just fell into stereotype trappings, because they didn't really know what to do with him.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:

      SimonTheThespian wrote:

      Carebearheart wrote:
      What does anyone think of We Bare Bears as guest stars?
      I think that would be hilarious- I love We Bare Bears! I don't think it's likely though, SDAGW is airing on Boomerang, not CN. But they're still run by the same parent company so it's possible...
      That's why I just think it's easier to make a separate thread. People can get say whatever nonsensical crossover they want.

      Alrighty! Here it is: https://scoobydoo.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:68401

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:

      I agree, except a little with the WNSD depiction. He was unnecessarily portrayed as a jock, who was a bit dense at times. As if they were trying to make him more flexible, but then just fell into stereotype trappings, because they didn't really know what to do with him.

      Oh yeah, he was really dense in that show, but it was endearing because he was never outright stupid. It was also a bit strange seeing him portrayed as this super-jock, since I grew up with the "Behind the Mystery" shorts on VHS, which state he's always been a theater nerd. But the "I can bench 220" joke is adorable, I love it.

        Loading editor
    • Indeed.

        Loading editor
    • No matter how much I like WNSD, I didn't like how they seriously dumbed down Fred to the point of becoming the comic relief for the gang. It just didn't feel like the Fred that I knew from the classic Scooby-Doo incarnations. But that was still a fun show. At least Casey Kasem came back for that and Frank got to voice both Scooby and Fred. Frank probably had a ball incorporating his WNSD character. It was like he finally got to be a comedian, though not professionally.

        Loading editor
    • Mariofan1955 wrote:
      No matter how much I like WNSD, I didn't like how they seriously dumbed down Fred to the point of becoming the comic relief for the gang. It just didn't feel like the Fred that I knew from the classic Scooby-Doo incarnations. But that was still a fun show. At least Casey Kasem came back for that and Frank got to voice both Scooby and Fred. Frank probably had a ball incorporating his WNSD character. It was like he finally got to be a comedian, though not professionally.

      I kinda enjoyed a more comedic Fred.

        Loading editor
    • I don't want an egotistic Fred.

        Loading editor
    • But really the thing is classic Fred was a more serious character who came up with the traps and wasn't too humorous. He still had a sense of humor, had a few one-liners, but above all he was probably the second smartest person in the group next to Velma. WNSD Fred was a lot more incompetent, kinda like what Hollywood did to Dr. Watson in the 1930s-40s Sherlock Holmes movies, and went a little over-the-top with the humor. I'm not saying that's bad, but it was definitely a radical departure from his roots.

        Loading editor
    • Mariofan1955 wrote:
       I'm not saying that's bad, but it was definitely a radical departure from his roots.

      Fair point.

        Loading editor
    • I have a theory about the release date. I think it will premiere near June 4 because WB is releasing two "The New Scooby-Doo Movies" collections. Marketing wise, it would make sense for them to release the show a bit before that, because it's a reboot, people interest in the old show will be peaked.

        Loading editor
    • sounds logic enough for me.

        Loading editor
    • SimonTheThespian wrote:
      I have a theory about the release date. I think it will premiere near June 4 because WB is releasing two "The New Scooby-Doo Movies" collections. Marketing wise, it would make sense for them to release the show a bit before that, because it's a reboot, people interest in the old show will be peaked.

      Oh, and based on Boomerang's history of how close to the release date they put out a trailer- it should come out between the end of this month and next month!

        Loading editor
    • Finally.

        Loading editor
    • Yay! :)

        Loading editor
    • Penguino! wrote: Yay! :)

      Woot woot!

        Loading editor
    • other sounds of happiness!

        Loading editor
    • I guess the only episode they weren't able to get was Wednesday is Missing. I guess the Addams estate involves a whole lot of red tape to get that episode released. I kinda wonder how WHV was able to get their animated TV series released.

        Loading editor
    • People are speculating that Wednesday is missing (lol) because MGM is making a new movie this year and they don't want to confuse people by letting WB release this episode.

      Which makes no sense, because outside of hardcore Scooby, HB and Addams Family fans, who is going to search out this DVD? More importantly, how many people would just come across the DVD in a store and think "Hey, let me not watch that movie that's coming out!"?

        Loading editor
    • I don't think this is the place to discuss a DVD. How about we stick to the topic?

        Loading editor
    • That's partly the reason why we're talking about the DVD in passing. Warner Bros. is doing it to coincide with Scooby-Doo's 50th anniversary as well as Guess Who? which is a return to the guest star format.

        Loading editor
    • Ok, so maybe Daphne do not have to be only a damsel in distress. My opinion the best Daphne was the era of just her, Shaggy Scooby, & Scrappy, where she was depicted as an independent leader.

      That could be how she could be depicted in Guess Who, I'd loved that!

        Loading editor
    • She's not gonna be depicted that way. She's being depicted the classic way. I can't stress this enough. It's a retro series.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:
      She's not gonna be depicted that way. She's being depicted the classic way. I can't stress this enough. It's a retro series.

      Depending on the person, that's either a good or bad thing. Personally, I'm excited for a more retro series!

        Loading editor
    • CBL

      I don't know if this has been written above (and don't feel like going through all of the replies to find out), but Stan Lee would be cool. They could get someone to imitate his voice, and the episode could feature superheroes like Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, ect. On retrospection of this idea, I realize this would require a lot of copyrights and licenses, especially since Scooby-Doo is owned by DC.

        Loading editor
    • CBL wrote: I don't know if this has been written above (and don't feel like going through all of the replies to find out), but Stan Lee would be cool. They could get someone to imitate his voice, and the episode could feature superheroes like Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, ect. On retrospection of this idea, I realize this would require a lot of copyrights and licenses, especially since Scooby-Doo is owned by DC.

      This isn't the thread for this. There's a thread for this kind of fantasy casting.

      Go here: https://scoobydoo.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:68401

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight
      TheAtomicLight removed this reply because:
      .
      22:19, May 13, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Do we have an idea of when the first episode may be airing?

        Loading editor
    • Penguino! wrote:
      Do we have an idea of when the first episode may be airing?

      I'm guessing June.

        Loading editor
    • The app has an icon of the show, suggesting it will air soon. One addition to the guests is Weird Al.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:
      The app has an icon of the show, suggesting it will air soon.

      Woo Hoo! Sadly, I go away for the whole summer, so unless it airs soon, I won't be able to see it for a while.

        Loading editor
    • SimonTheThespian wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:
      The app has an icon of the show, suggesting it will air soon.

      Woo Hoo! Sadly, I go away for the whole summer, so unless it airs soon, I won't be able to see it for a while.

      You can't use the internet where you'll heading?

        Loading editor
    • FINALLY, it's coming.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:

      SimonTheThespian wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:
      The app has an icon of the show, suggesting it will air soon.
      Woo Hoo! Sadly, I go away for the whole summer, so unless it airs soon, I won't be able to see it for a while.
      You can't use the internet where you'll heading?

      Technically, I can but I decided not to. It's a theatre retreat in the wilderness, and it helps me focus on my acting more if I'm tech-free. It also means no Scoobypedia at all. I'm leaving next week and won't get back until mid-August.

        Loading editor
    • SimonTheThespian wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:

      SimonTheThespian wrote:

      TheAtomicLight wrote:
      The app has an icon of the show, suggesting it will air soon.
      Woo Hoo! Sadly, I go away for the whole summer, so unless it airs soon, I won't be able to see it for a while.
      You can't use the internet where you'll heading?

      Technically, I can but I decided not to. It's a theatre retreat in the wilderness, and it helps me focus on my acting more if I'm tech-free. It also means no Scoobypedia at all. I'm leaving next week and won't get back until mid-August.

      I can imagine the pros and cons with that. But mid-August won't be that bad.

        Loading editor
    • What day, month will the show air?

        Loading editor
    • Huyandrew99 2.0 wrote:
      What day, month will the show air?

      No official release date yet. Just a hidden icon on the Boomerang app/site.

        Loading editor
    • hmm....

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:

      Huyandrew99 2.0 wrote:
      What day, month will the show air?

      No official release date yet. Just a hidden icon on the Boomerang app/site.

      How does one find the hidden icon?

        Loading editor
    • I'd look on the Scooby stuff, see if it's there.

      It's streaming from next Thursday, so it should be quite prominent.

      It's also airing on Cartoon Network from July 8.

        Loading editor
    • Oh my god, the trailer looks so freaking good!!!

        Loading editor
    • and best of all, the trailer looks like we saved from the bad comedy of Be Cool!

        Loading editor
    • Carebearheart wrote:
      and best of all, the trailer looks like we saved from the bad comedy of Be Cool!

      I actually enjoyed the humor in Be Cool- to each their own, I guess.

        Loading editor
    • Carebearheart wrote:
      and best of all, the trailer looks like we saved from the bad comedy of Be Cool!

      I loved the Be Cool humor. The artstyle was... Different. But it wasn't exactly horrible, either.

        Loading editor
    • I found the link!

      Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvkH4kb2eGY

        Loading editor
    • Woohoo! Go Daphne!

        Loading editor
    • I've never been more excited for a show in my life! This looks like it will be one of the best incarnations!!!

        Loading editor
    • JIm Cummings As Scoob Dumb

        Loading editor
    • Nicholas Blaschke wrote:
      JIm Cummings As Scoob Dumb

      Wait, really? I would love for a couple of Guess Who episodes bringing back old characters from the franchise. An episode featuring the Hex Girls, an episode featuring Scooby Dumb, an episode featuring Marcie Fleach! ...An episode featuring Scrappy...

        Loading editor
    • Yes Really

        Loading editor
    • Nicholas Blaschke wrote:
      Yes Really

      This is great to hear, where was it announced he was showing up?

        Loading editor
    • Nicholas Blaschke wrote:
      JIm Cummings As Scoob Dumb

      Either him or Bill Farmer.

        Loading editor
    • So the show looks great. My only hope is that it's part of the standard continuity. Outside of the Direct-To-Video movies, we haven't had anything set in the main timeline since What's New. Every show since then has been alternate timelines.

        Loading editor
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote: So the show looks great. My only hope is that it's part of the standard continuity. Outside of the Direct-To-Video movies, we haven't had anything set in the main timeline since What's New. Every show since then has been alternate timelines.

      As much as I'd love that- it might not be...

        Loading editor
    • I don't think it will be as its moved away from that. Also, the animation style is a bit different than the standard's. (not as different as Scooby & Shaggy, SDMI, and BCSD tho)

        Loading editor
    • Nick Branson wrote:
      I don't think it will be as its moved away from that. Also, the animation style is a bit different than the standard's. (not as different as Scooby & Shaggy, SDMI, and BCSD tho)

      I don't think the art style difference really matters much. Pup had a radically different artstyle but it's still canon, and so are The New Scooby Doo Mysteries, which have a... weird artstyle that's close to the original but looks more... Pigmented? I don't know how to describe it.

      As long as there's no contradictions, I don't see why it can't be canon.

        Loading editor
    • TheAtomicLight wrote:
      This is a fresh thread since the next series has been officially announced and we can discuss what has been revealed, including the guest stars who currently are:
      • Mark Hamill (even though he's playing himself, he's also been Joker, and Batman's going to be a guest star, too...)
      • Kevin Conroy as Batman
      • Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
      • Sia
      • Halsey
      • Bill Nye
      • Neil deGrasse Tyson
      • Kenan Thompson
      • Wonder Woman
      • Flash
      • Sherlock Holmes
      • Chris Paul
      • Ricky Gervias
      • Penn & Teller
      • Weird Al
      • Whoopi Goldberg

      Also, Chris Bailey is a producer. Also working on the show, unless he's been removed (or WB just wanted to mention Bailey as the sole driving force behind the show), is Michael Ryan. (And another guy, but I forget his name.)

      It will be airing soon.

      Any guest casting ideas you may have, then put them here: https://scoobydoo.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:68401

      The Funky Phantom is there, too.

        Loading editor
    • The first episode was... dissapointing. I was expecting something realy great, but what we got was mediocre. It was better than BCSD, in both writing and art, but there was nothing to it, nothing really outstanding. Also, no spoilers, but they never said where the monster put the people. Are the just dead? They never refer to them after they catch the guy. Also, most of the jokes fall flat. I'm happy to see the whole 'Scooby has a bad relationship with smaller animals' thing come back, but it's used in a way that I find unfunny for an unknown reason. This episode just never made me laugh, and it seemed short. I mean, they could make it as long as they wanted, since there was no time constraints! But, overall the episode was meh. I reccomend watching it mostly because the new theme song is absolutely amazing.

        Loading editor
    • When was it?

        Loading editor
    • The 27th. It's only available on the Boomerang subscription service though.

        Loading editor
    • While I'm glad that it brought back the original concept (minus the laugh track) I did find it a bit strange that it wasn't a 45-minute episode like the new Scooby-Doo movie

        Loading editor
    • ScoobyScrooge wrote:
      The first episode was... dissapointing. I was expecting something realy great, but what we got was mediocre. It was better than BCSD, in both writing and art, but there was nothing to it, nothing really outstanding. Also, no spoilers, but they never said where the monster put the people. Are the just dead? They never refer to them after they catch the guy. Also, most of the jokes fall flat. I'm happy to see the whole 'Scooby has a bad relationship with smaller animals' thing come back, but it's used in a way that I find unfunny for an unknown reason. This episode just never made me laugh, and it seemed short. I mean, they could make it as long as they wanted, since there was no time constraints! But, overall the episode was meh. I reccomend watching it mostly because the new theme song is absolutely amazing.

      That's your opinion. But I disagree. I liked it.

        Loading editor
    • The episode I watched yesterday was good. Although there is something wrong with Chris Paul’s golfing.

        Loading editor
    • Sure, the first episode of this show was off to a poor start but why let that dissuade you from wanting to watch what promises to be one of the best Scooby-Doo remakes of all time?

      I'm sure this show has potential despite a couple of flaws.

        Loading editor
    • This show definitely has potential, and don't get me wrong, I'm still hopeful for this. I'm still going to watch the rest of the series as it comes out, but I hope it gets better.

        Loading editor
    • Niveithika1999 wrote:
      The episode I watched yesterday was good. Although there is something wrong with Chris Paul’s golfing.

      Chris Paul is not a professional golfer. So?

        Loading editor
    • It's all good. I still love Scooby-Doo and Chris Paul when he's in basketball.

        Loading editor
    • Episode 2 review: Wow! This one was actually really good! The fact that they didn't advertise the real guest star is awesome! This episode is much funnier than the first, the guest is better, and the story is easier to follow and much better! I love that they brought in the old 70s era Hanna-Barbera cartoon characters! This episode is wonderful! I honestly lost a little hope for a good series after the first episode, but this one definitely renewed the hope! Great episode, really funny, and definitely a good watch.100% reccomend.

        Loading editor
    • The individual episodes have their own thread. This thread was pre-series, but now this thread isn't really ideal for each episode individually.

        Loading editor
    • ScoobyScrooge wrote:
      Episode 2 review: Wow! This one was actually really good! The fact that they didn't advertise the real guest star is awesome! This episode is much funnier than the first, the guest is better, and the story is easier to follow and much better! I love that they brought in the old 70s era Hanna-Barbera cartoon characters! This episode is wonderful! I honestly lost a little hope for a good series after the first episode, but this one definitely renewed the hope! Great episode, really funny, and definitely a good watch.100% reccomend.

      In any good TV show, there is bound to be one or two bad episodes. That is what I have for anyone disappointed in the previous episode.

        Loading editor
    • here's what I think about the show (I watched the first two episodes)

      WHEN WILL SCOOBY-DOO FINALLY FORGET TRYING TO FUNNY WITH BAD COMEDY! WE DON'T NEED IT!

        Loading editor
    • Other than that, I say the show is pretty good and it should last FIVE SEASONS! My only other complain is the theme song is way too short.

        Loading editor
    • What do you mean "Bad Comedy"?

        Loading editor
    • you watched the golf episode, Chris saved Shaggy with pizza really? stupid! And A Mystery Solving Gang Divided, making a good tv show arrogant rival bullies and making the Abraham Lincoln joke in the beginning?!

        Loading editor
    • For the golf episode, I agree.  But the Abraham Lincoln one, I don't I don't know which "Abraham Lincoln joke in the beginning" you are talking about. That was the best episode so far, and I didn't find much wrong with it.

        Loading editor
    • Technically, Abraham Lincoln wasn't really the guest star, so there was kind of no guest for 'A Mystery Solving Gang Divided'

        Loading editor
    • Uhhh, the Funky Phantom?

        Loading editor
    • true

        Loading editor
    • I figure what else I don't like, that so far half the culprits don't even have names, that's lazy!

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.