- This article is about the episode. For the location, see Chinese Food Factory.
The Chinese Food Factory is the third part of the first episode of the first season of The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show.
Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy get jobs as night watchmen for a Chinese Food Factory, but one night a ghost is seen lurking and is caught stealing the safe.
At a Chinatown parade, Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy are hungry and decide to get a job at the Chinese Food Factory as night watchmen, for the free food the job earns. In the kitchen, Scooby turns himself into a fortune cookie.
A creepy figure is watching them from the shadows, and turns off the light. Scrappy knows something is up, and says "Leave some of him for me", and it becomes clear that the man is a burglar, who then takes the safe. Scooby and Shaggy accidentally wear the head of a statue, which scares the burglar, and he counterattacks with a large pot of spaghetti, but Scrappy uses a strand to lasso him and the safe. The owner rewards them with a meal, and commends Scrappy for his idea. He says he was just using his "noodle" like his uncle would have done. .
- Chinese Food Factory owner (single appearance)
- Chinese Food Factory burglar (single appearance)
- Parade watchers (single appearance)(no lines)
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|John Stephenson|| Chinese Food Factory burglar|
Chinese Food Factory owner
- The music playing at the beginning of the episode can also be heard in the Laff-A-Lympics episode The Swiss Alps and Tokyo, Japan, in the second half.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Scooby and Scrappy's dogtags should have their initials stylised in teal, but are prone to have the following mistakes (including being completely covered in teal or just empty):
- Scrappy's eyebrows are missing towards the end of the episode.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- None known.