- 1 Premise
- 2 Synopsis
- 3 Characters
- 4 Locations
- 5 Objects
- 6 Vehicles
- 7 Suspects
- 8 Cast
- 9 Full credits
- 10 Notes/trivia
- 11 In other languages
- 12 Home media
- 13 Quotes
- 14 External links
One night in a forest, the Mystery, Inc. gang are camping. Daphne asks a hungry Shaggy and Scooby to get more firewood, with the latter ending up pulling the antlers of a moose. Apparently, they had never seen a moose before. Just then, the duo hear strange laughing and spot the Joker and Penguin taking Professor Flakey into the forest. Fearing they may be spotted, Shaggy and Scooby start to back away, only for the former to accidently sit on a porcupine, prompting him to yell in pain. Even though Scooby manages to muffle Shaggy's scream, the Joker and Penguin hear it and see smoke from the campsite. While rushing back to the campsite to warn the others about the villains, Shaggy and Scooby end up getting caught by accident by Batman and Robin.
Batman and Robin explain what has happened and decide to let the Mystery, Inc. team help. Fred, Daphne, and Velma are confused at what has happened, and Shaggy remembers a cave he saw earlier. Unfortunately, there is a hollow log in the road, and a dryad, who is the Joker in disguise, is trying to scare them. When Shaggy and Scooby end up missing, Fred, Daphne, and Velma inform Batman about what has happened. While crossing a covered bridge, they encounter more trouble. Penguin is under the bridge disguised as a troll, and he turns a handle which turns the bridge sending the kids back to their campsite, prompting Batman and Robin to investigate. Meanwhile, Penguin in his troll disguise scares Shaggy and Scooby, while the Joker keeps turning the bridge until he sees the Bat-Copter. Scooby-Doo saves Fred, Daphne, and Velma just in time.
The team arrives at the cave. At first, it does not look like much, but when Shaggy ends up tripping on a rock and crashing through a revolving door, they see that it is being used. Fred, Daphne, Velma are spooked by robot bat only to be rescued by the Dynamic Duo. They try to stop Joker and Penguin from escaping but fail. They notice Shaggy and Scooby are missing having been scared into a boat earlier. When they return, Professor Flakey is with them.
Flakey tells them that he told the villains that his new invention, a flying suit, was at the Hillside Aircraft Company in Gotham City. He lied though. It is really at the Gotham Rubber Factory. When everyone gets out of the cave, they find out that the Bat-Copter has been stolen.The Mystery Inc. team heads to Gotham Rubber. The team is fascinated by the balloons for the Gotham City Thanksgiving Day Parade which is tomorrow. Professor Flakey shows the team his flying suit just as Joker and Penguin arrive.
A fight breaks out in the factory involving tires and beach balls. Scooby tries on the flying suit and ends up flying. Scooby learns to control the flying suit just in time for him and Shaggy to be rescued by the Dynamic Duo and Joker and Penguin to be caught by a balloon that resembles Batman. Joker and Penguin have a falling-out while Penguin accidentally activates the flying suit. Scooby shows off while saying "Scooby-Dooby-Doo".
- Dryad (single appearance)(Joker's disguise)
- Troll (single appearance)(Penguin's disguise)
- Joker (final appearance)
- Penguin (final appearance)
- Moose (single appearance)(no lines)
- Porcupine (single appearance)(no lines)
- Utility belt
- Yogi Bear balloon float
- Fred Flintstone balloon float
- Batman balloon float
- Santa Claus balloon float
|Joker as the Dryad
Penguin as the Troll
|To scare the gang away and get the flying suit.|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Frank Welker||Fred Jones|
|Heather North||Daphne Blake|
|Nicole Jaffe||Velma Dinkley|
The following credits are how they are seen on-screen (or as close as possible).
- Produced and Directed: William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
- Associate Producer: Alex Lovy
- Story: Jameson Brewer, Tom Dagenais, Ruth Flippen, Fred Freiberger, Willie Gilbert, Bill Lutz, Larry Markes, Norman Maurer, Jack Mendelsohn, Ray Parker, Gene Thompson, Paul West, Harry Winkler
- Story Direction: Steve Clark, Mike Kawaguchi, Paul Sommer, Carl Fallberg, George Singer, Irv Spector, Howard Swift
- Voices: Nicole Jaffe, Don Messick, Frank Welker, Daws Butler, Joan Gerber, Larry Harmon, Ann Jillian, Jim MacGeorge, Mike Road, Vincent VanPatten, Casey Kasem, Heather North, John Stephenson, Henry Cordon, Florence Halop, Pat Harrington, Ted Knight, Cindy Putman, Olan Soulé, Len Weinrib
- Animation Director: Charles A. Nichols
- Production Design: Iwao Takamoto
- Production Supervisor: Victor O. Schipek
- Layout: Bob Singer, John Ahern, Mike Arens, Ric Gonzalez, Alex Ignatiev, Ray Jacobs, Bill Lignate, Alvaro Arce, Mo Gollub, Paul Gruwett, Zygamond Jablecki, Herb Johnson, Lew Ott
- Animation: Bill Keil, Ed Aardal, Lefty Callahan, George Cannata, Izzy Ellis, John Garling, Fred Grable, Joan Orbison, Jay Sarbry, Irv Spence, Carlo Vinci, Ed Barge, Lars Calonius, Rudy Cataldi, Hugh Fraser, Bob Goe, Dick Lundy, Ed Parks, Ken Southworth, Dave Tendlar, Xenia
- Backgrounds: F. Montelaegre, Gary Niblett, Dave High
- Titles: Iraj Paran
- Musical Director: Hoyt Curtin
- Musical Supervision: Paul DeKorte
- Technical Supervisor: Frank Paiker
- Ink and Paint Supervisor: Jayne Barbera
- Xerography: Robert ‘Tiger’ West
- Sound Direction: Richard Olson, Bill Getty
- Supervising Film Editor: Larry Cowan
- Film Editors: Earl Bennet, Ron Sawade, Pat Foley
- Negative Consultant: William E. DeBoer
- Post Production: Joed Eaton
- Camera: George Epperson, John Aardal, Dennis Weaver, Ralph Migliori
- A Hanna-Barbera Production
- RCA Sound Recording
- © 1972 Hanna-Barbera Productions, Inc.
- a hanna-barbera production
- The is the last official animated appearances of Batman, Robin, Joker, and Penguin. They do, however, appear in a segment of the Batman: The Brave and the Bold episode Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases!, as an homage to the team-ups that occurred, and a revival of sorts of The New Scooby-Doo Movies has happened in DC Comics' Scooby-Doo! Team-Up, which also expands the DC universe, beyond just what happens in Gotham City. All of this seems to have been disregarded, though, as the DTV Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold aligns with the continuity of Batman: The Brave and the Bold TV series.
- Fred says "Jeepers" which is widely known as Daphne's catchphrase.
- In reality, a Dryad is a female tree spirit from Greek mythology.
- Throughout the episode, music from fellow Hanna-Barbera shows The Impossibles and Dastardly and Muttley in their Flying Machines can be heard.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Penguin said, "Probably those tiresome teenagers", but the words came from Joker's mouth.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Penguin throws his umbrella at Scooby to puncture the flying suit, it punctures the Batman balloon, which Shaggy is on sending him off into the air. Soon after, Joker and Penguin are shown again and Penguin is still holding his umbrella.
- 8 Minutes and 55 seconds into the episode: Fred, Velma, and Daphne are turned around on the bridge while Shaggy and Scooby are supposed to be lost, Shaggy can be momentarily seen in the Machine Machine.
In other languages
|Greek||Η Χαρούμενη Παρέα των Ηρώων||The Happy Team of Heroes|
|Hungarian||Szárnyas szuperhősszalsza||Winged superheroes' salsa|
- Hanna-Barbera Presents Scooby Doo with Special Guest Stars Batman and Robin VHS released by Worldvision Home Video in 1988.
- Scooby-Doo Meets Batman VHS released by Warner Home Video in 2002.
- Scooby-Doo Meets Batman DVD released by Warner Home Video in 2002.
- The Best of The New Scooby-Doo Movies DVD set released by Warner Home Video on March 22, 2005.
- Scooby-Doo Meets Batman/Scooby-Doo! Meets the Harlem Globetrotters DVD set released by Warner Home Video on August 11, 2009.
- Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold DVD released by Warner Home Video on January 9, 2018.
- The New Scooby-Doo Movies: The (Almost) Complete Collection DVD set released by Warner Home Video on June 4, 2019.
- The New Scooby-Doo Movies: The (Almost) Complete Collection Blu-ray set released by Warner Home Video on June 4, 2019.
Penguin: The flying suit! That's what we were going to steal!
Professor Flakey: Scooby, button the landing press! (Shakes head) No, land the pressing button! (Shakes head again and sighs) No, press the landing button!
- Buy from iTunes (US)
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|The Phantom of the Country Music Hall||The New Scooby-Doo Movies
|The Lochness Mess|