This is supposedly set after Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins yet due to appearance and comments from Fred I'd say that this is set in the mainstream contintuity, and even then it still has problems.
- Reasons against the Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins continuity
- Fred is blonde and not dark haired like he was in the aforementioned film and its sequel
- Fred refers to his high school days in the past tense while in the live-action TV films the gang are still high school-bound
- If they were in high chool themselves they wouldn't be traveling to Anna's
- Fred and Daphne wear the clothes of the What's New, Scooby-Doo? era
- The voice cast is from the mainstream continuity instead of the younger cast from the live-action TV films
- Maybe the biggest of all is that they call themselves "Mystery Inc." when they didn't get the name until Scooby-Doo! Curse Of The Lake Monster
Of course these changes could be down to preference (especially with the voice cast which is understandable) over any kind of attempt at trying to keep inline with an established continuity. Another, which I'm sure some people would rather not consider, could be due to the fact that certain elements have been chosen for an independent continuity since they have a club house in some remote area and the only times the gang have had a headquarters was in APNSD as pre-teens and Monsters Unleashed as adults and they were both set in Coolsville.
These kind of continuity issues is exactly why we have seperate pages for the gang's lives in the novels, comics and games so we can deal with the inevitable inconsistencies separately instead of trying to justify and recton the multitude of differences across each all types of media. Having said that, for the sake of canonocity for this wiki I would still like to place this game and its own sequel in a specific contintuity whether it's a part of an established canon or its own. -- Anythingspossibleforapossible 13:01, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
- I didn't notice that they were there at night, but it still doesn't change the other inconsistences. -- Anythingspossibleforapossible 13:29, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
I'm considering splitting the gang into Scooby-Doo! First Frights incarnations so if anybody has any objections then they shpuld speak now. -- Anythingspossibleforapossible 02:39, April 27, 2012 (UTC)