Scooby in Wonderland is the second part of the seventh episode of the first season of The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show.
After falling asleep to hearing Alice in Wonderland, Scooby dreams about being Alice and facing the dangers of Wonderland.
Scrappy wants Shaggy to read him a bedtime story, and the latter chooses Alice in Wonderland. Scrappy is thrilled and wonders the same of Scooby who sleepily agrees. As Shaggy begins, Scooby falls asleep and dreams that he is Alice. He sees the White Rabbit (Scrappy), who looks at his pocket-watch and squeals in alarm because he's late for an appointment. They go after him, who runs into his rabbit-hole.
Inside, they fall down a pit. Down, down, down past shelves and cupboards, maps and pictures hanging upon pegs. They land on a heap of leaves and find themselves in the Corridor of Doors. Nearby is a table with a bottle labeled DRINK ME, a platter of cupcakes and a sign that reads: EAT THESE, STUPID! They grow big, then they shrink and are able to fit through the doors. They are attacked by the caterpillar, and the Cheshire Cat. They fool the latter by disguising themselves as flowers.
They catch up with Scrappy at the Mad Hatter's tea party, but the Queen of Hearts enters and orders them to be executed. The Cheshire Cat catches Scooby. At this point, Scooby wakes up, having fallen out of bed. Scrappy and Shaggy tell him he was just having a nightmare, but when Scooby takes off his sleeping cap he is still wearing Alice's hair.
- Mad Hatter (single appearance)(dream only)
- Evil trees (single appearance)(dream only)
- Caterpiller (single appearance)(dream only)
- Cheshire Cat (single appearance)(dream only)
- Queen of Hearts (single appearance)(dream only)
- Alice (single appearance)(picture)
- Wonderland (dream only)
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
- This episode features character designs by Jack Kirby. Interestingly, some of this concept art depicts the characters in different roles, such as Shaggy as the Cheshire Cat.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Scooby and Scrappy's dogtags should have their initials stylised in teal, but are prone to have the following mistakes (including being completely covered in teal or just empty):
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- The back of the Mystery Machine has been converted into a small bedroom.
- Just as Scrappy asks Shaggy for a bedtime story, the latter is already holding Alice in Wonderland.
Shaggy: Whew! We just gotta find Scrappy and get out of this wacko place, Scoob. Scooby: Yeah, whew!
- ↑ Morrow, John (June 8, 2004). The Collected Jack Kirby Collector Vol. 2. Two Morrows Publishing. April 1, 2018.