Scooby-Dooby-Doo![Note 1] is a Scooby-Doo promotional trailer for the LEGO video game, LEGO Dimensions. It was posted on both the LEGO and LEGO Dimensions YouTube accounts on August 19, 2015. It serves to promote not only the use of the Scooby-Doo franchise, but the Scooby-Doo! Team Pack that can be purchased for it on the launch day of the game (September 29, 2015).
The "wrap-arounds" of the video game footage is done in the same 2-D animation as the concurrent direct-to-video films, and essentially reveals that LEGO and LEGO Dimensions exists in the "real-world" of Scooby-Doo (much like what was done similarly for Back to the Future).
Scooby and Shaggy are terrified by one thing: their empty refrigerator. The doorbell rings, and a pizza is delivered, along with a mysterious black box. Shaggy believes it's dessert at first, until he spills the LEGO bricks on the table. Scooby quickly assembles the "LEGO Gateway" with ease, and they're shown footage from the game.
However, after their pizza is mysteriously eaten, they look down at their Lego counterparts. Shaggy wonders if they could be the culprits, and Scooby laughs and yells "Scooby-Dooby-Doo!"
- Pizza box
- Table knife
- LEGO Gateway box
- LEGO Gateway instruction sheet
- LEGO Gateway
- Scooby-Doo LEGO minifigure
- Shaggy Rogers LEGO minifigure
- Leftover eaten bits of pizza
|Frank Welker|| Scooby-Doo|
|Matthew Lillard||Shaggy Rogers|
- If the trailer is set in standard continuity, then Shaggy's house might be the same one seen in the direct-to-video film, Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery.
- The name of the trailer comes from Scooby's catchphrase, which he says at the end.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- If this trailer is set in standard continuity, the Mystery Machine would be in front of Fred's house, and not Shaggy's (it seems to be reference to the smaller version of the Mystery Machine being included in the team pack and its use in the game).
- Shaggy's doorbell has an automated voice that announces when he's received a delivery.
Shaggy: I guess this is one of those "Some Assembly Required" desserts.
- ↑ This was the name given to the video on the LEGO Dimensions's official website and YouTube video. It was also referred to as Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! on LEGO's YouTube video.