|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Scooby-Doo! and the Spooky Scarecrow is the third in a series of direct-to-video short films based upon Hanna-Barbera's Scooby-Doo Saturday morning cartoons. It was released on DVD on September 10, 2013.
Insert details here.
- Levi (single appearance)
- Maizy (single appearance)
- Mayor Husk (single appearance)
- Sheriff Kern (single appearance)
- Mr. Bumpy (single appearance)
- Cornfield Clem (single appearance)(Abner's disugise)
- Abner (single appearance)
- Witch (single appearance)(flashback only)
- Jake (single appearance)
- Jake's friend (single appearance)
- Maria (only time mentioned)
- Dwayne (single appearance)
- Mother (only time heard)
- Grave keeper (single appearance)
- Cobb Corner
- The Mystery Machine
|Mayor Husk||Sinister manner. He wouldn't let anyone go into the Corn Maze.|
|Sheriff Kern||Unpleasant attitude. She also wouldn't let anyone go into the Corn Maze.|
|Mr. Bumpy||Creepy appearance. He sold costumes of Cornfield Clem.|
|Abner as Cornfield Clem||To keep people away from the corn maze while he searched for his buried stolen money.|
- In the end, Shaggy is dressed up like Blue Falcon (a reference to the direct-to-video film, Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon), Daphne as a cat woman (a reference to the direct-to-video film, Scooby-Doo! and the Goblin King), and Velma as a witch (a reference to The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries episode, A Halloween Hassle at Dracula's Castle).
- There isn't an opening sequence.
- The werewolf prop in the cornfield slightly resembles the Hideous Hyde Hound from Mask of the Blue Falcon.
- One of the popcorn vendors at the beginning resembles the store owner from the DTV, Scooby-Doo! Camp Scare, in a more upright position.
- The music during the exposition after the unmasking is from Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated.
- The man who takes a picture of Levi and Maizy as the Corn Cobb King and Queen resembles Lance Damon from the DTV, Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright, only with brown hair and lighter clothing.
- Fred is also dressed as a knight (possibly a reference to the Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated episode, The Grasp of the Gnome).
- Cartoon Network didn't air this special on Halloween 2013 (following its DVD release the same year), instead they aired the What's New, Scooby-Doo? special, A Scooby-Doo Halloween. It took two years for the channel to finally air it.
- Three of the characters have corn related names - Maizy, Mayor Husk and Sheriff Kern (maize, husk and kernel).
In other languages
|Italian||Scooby-Doo! E Il Mistero Del Granturco||Scooby-Doo! And The Mistery Of The Corn|
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Run for Your 'Rife! DVD set released by Warner Home Video on September 10, 2013.
Fred: Who's Cornfield Clem?
Shaggy & Scooby: (Groaning) Where are we?