- This article is about the film. For other uses, see Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster (disambiguation).
|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Needed: Synopsis. (Should not be copied or reworded from Wikipedia.)
Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster is the seventh in a series of direct-to-video films based upon Hanna-Barbera's Scooby-Doo Saturday morning cartoons. It was released on VHS and DVD on June 24, 2004.
- 1 Premise
- 2 Synopsis
- 3 Characters
- 4 Locations
- 5 Objects
- 6 Vehicles
- 7 Suspects
- 8 Cast
- 9 Songs
- 10 Continuity
- 11 Notes/Trivia
- 12 In other languages
- 13 Home media
- 14 Quotes
- 15 Gallery
- 16 External links
The team visit Scotland to see Daphne's cousin, Shannon, but their holiday turns into a major mystery when the mythological Loch Ness Monster appears and wreaks havoc at Blake Castle. Not only will this affect the lives of the locals but it will destroy the traditional games that are held at Blake Castle every year.
Insert details here.
- Shannon Blake (single appearance)
- Duncan MacGubbin (single appearance)
- Del Chillman (first appearance)
- Lachlan Haggart (single appearance)
- Sir Ian Locksley (single appearance)
- Loch Ness Monster (single appearance)(no lines)(disguise)
- Colin Haggart (single appearance)(redeemed)
- Angus Haggart (single appearance)(redeemed)
- Professor Fiona Pembrooke (single appearance)(redeemed)
- Mcintyre (single appearance)
- Mcintyre's henchmen (single appearance)(miscellaneous speaking)
- Volunteers (single appearance)(miscellaneous speaking)
- Sheep (single appearance)(no lines)
- Loch Ness Monster (single appearance)(no lines)
- Coolsville (mentioned)
- Bahamas (mentioned)
- Scooby's nail file
- Legend of the Loch
- Monster My Foot
- Rocky road ice cream
- Scooby Snacks
- The Mystery Machine
- The Loch Ness Monster Machine
- Shannon's boat
- Fiona's boat
- Submarine disguised as the Loch Ness Monster
- Mechanical Loch Ness Monster
|Duncan MacGubbin||He made warnings about the Loch Ness Monster.|
|Del Chillman||He was obsessed with the Loch Ness Monster.|
|Prof. Fiona Pembrooke||She wanted to prove the existence of the Loch Ness Monster.|
|Sir Ian Locksley||He didn't believe that the Loch Ness Monster was real.|
|Lachlan Haggart||The more people believe in the Loch Ness Monster, the better the business for his inn.|
|Prof. Fiona Pembrooke as the Loch Ness Monster||To prove to Ian Locksley that the Loch Ness Monster was real.|
|Colin and Angus Haggart as the land-going Loch Ness Monster||To play a prank.|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Grey DeLisle||Daphne Blake|
|Mindy Cohn||Velma Dinkley|
|Michael Bell||Duncan MacGubbin|
|Jeff Bennett||Del Chillman|
Sir Ian Locksley
|John DiMaggio||Colin Haggart|
|Phil LaMarr||Angus Haggart|
|Sheena Easton||Professor Fiona Pembrooke|
|"Brothers Forever"||Lyrics by Tom Chase and Joe Sichta
Produced by Tom Chase
|"Come and Get It"||Lyrics by Tom Chase and Joe Sichta
Produced by Tom Chase
|Maureen Davis and Molly Pascetti|
|"Back on the Train"||Written by Trey Anastasio and Tom Marshall||Phish|
|"Brown Dog"||Written by Keith Roberts, Brendan Holmes, Chas Waltz, Bob Boulding and Dave Ingraham||The Young Dubliners|
- Daphne's surname was revealed in the The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show episode, No Sharking Zone.
- NATLAS first appeared in the What's New, Scooby-Doo? episode, There's No Creature Like Snow Creature.
- Coolsville is the hometown of the gang, as established in the A Pup Named Scooby-Doo TV series.
- The gang is now voiced by the cast of What's New, Scooby-Doo?, including Grey DeLisle and Mindy Cohn. DeLisle however was in Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase and briefly replaced by Heather North Kenney for the previous two films.
- This is also the first to feature the Mystery Inc. gang in the same clothes they wear in What's New, Scooby-Doo? after the previous 2 DTVs had the gang wear their old clothes in the What's New, Scooby Doo? animation style.
- This is the first feature-length Scooby-Doo movie to be set in Scotland, but it is not the first time the gang have been to Scotland, or the first time that the gang have encountered the Loch Ness Monster.
- At the end of the movie, Scooby spotted the real Loch Ness Monster just before saying his catchphrase bewildered.
- It is revealed in this movie that Daphne has Scottish ancestors.
- Daphne is danger-prone because it runs in the family, a running gag in the old episodes for Daphne to be danger-prone.
- This movie features the only appearance of Daphne's cousin, Shannon, who looks exactly like Daphne only with short hair, grunge clothing and a Scottish accent; they are also both voiced by Grey DeLisle.
- Del Chillman returns in Chill Out, Scooby-Doo!, where he mentions this movie by stating that "Nessie was a no-show".
- Fred made up nicknames for the gang:
- Velma = Mama Bird
- Fred = Baby Bird
- He also did other names like Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta, which are possibly for either Shaggy, Scooby, and Del.
- In real life, Haggis is not the same as it is presented here. Traditionally, it is a pudding with all of a sheep's vital organs. Although, it can be served as a main course, as is the case with the Burns Supper.
- On June 1, 2004, Scholastic published a regular novel and a 8x8 book, written by Suzanne Weyn and Jesse Leon McCann, respectively.
- The main version of the Loch Ness Monster strongly resembles the titular The Giant Behemoth, a 1959 film.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- After everything that happens, nobody of authority shows up. Presumably Mcintyre and his men are taken away off-screen.
- The land based Loch Ness Monster must have been a gigantic robot to have such destructive power but at the end it is shown to be made of logs and canvas, which would be highly impossible for such movements.
In other languages
|Arabic||سكوبي دو ووحش البحيرة||Scooby-Doo! and the Lake Monster|
|Greek||Scooby-Doo! και το Τέρας του Λοχ Νες||Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster|
|Russian||Скуби Ду и Лох-несское чудовище||Scooby-Doo and the Loch Ness Monster|
|Turkish||Scooby Doo: Loch Ness Canavarı||Scooby-Doo: The Loch Ness Monster|
|Polish||Scooby Doo i potwór z Loch Ness||Scooby Doo and the Loch Ness Monster|
- Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster VHS released by Warner Home Video on May 31, 2004.
- Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster DVD released by Warner Home Video on May 31, 2004.
- Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster VHS released by Warner Home Video on June 24, 2004.
- Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster DVD released by Warner Home Video on June 24, 2004.
- Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster Blu-ray Disc by Warner Home Video on March 12, 2013.
Shaggy: Like, Scoob, I think we locked our selves outda the castle!
Fred: What happened guys?
Fred: Daphne, I can't see your sweater is in the way!