- This article is about the film. For the DVD, see Scooby-Doo! Return to Zombie Island (DVD).
|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Needed: Synopsis (Not copied from Wikipedia or any other site).
Scooby-Doo! Return to Zombie Island is the thirtieth in a series of direct-to-video films based upon Hanna-Barbera's Scooby-Doo Saturday morning cartoons. It had its world premiere on July 21 at the San Diego Comic Con International 2019, followed by Digital HD on September 3, and DVD on October 1.
It is a quasi sequel to Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, the original direct-to-video film in the series.
The gang gets a tropical-themed vacation, which turns out to be on none other than Moonscar Island.
Insert details here.
- Werecats (no lines)(flashback only)
- Cat creatures (single appearance)(Ferry captain and two accomplices disguises)
- Elvira (single appearance)(cameo)
- Sheriff (final appearance)
- Joan (final appearance)
- Chris (flashback only)
- Snakebite Scruggs (flashback only)
- Moat Monster (flashback only)(Mr. Beeman's disguise)
- Mr. Beeman (flashback only)
- Morgan Moonscar (flashback only)
- Simone Lenoir's cats
- Zombies (flashback only)
- Wolfie (photograph)
- Shaggy Werewolf (photograph)
- Settlers (no lines)(flashback only)
|Ferry captain and two accomplices as the cat creatures||To find Morgan Moonscar's treasure.|
|Frank Welker|| Scooby-Doo|
|Matthew Lillard||Shaggy Rogers|
|Grey Griffin||Daphne Blake|
|Kate Micucci||Velma Dinkley|
|Janell Cox|| Cat person|
|John Michael Higgins||Alan Smithee|
|Dave B. Mitchell|| Driver|
|Roger Rose|| Lead cat person|
- The Mystery Machine was sold in the previous DTV, Scooby-Doo! and the Curse of the 13th Ghost. This happened because the Sheriff also from the previous DTV, barred Mystery Inc. from solving more mysteries, who is still preventing them.
- The gang originally came to Moonscar Island in the original DTV, Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island.
- Fred daydreams of catching the Spooky Space Kook and the Snow Ghost, who originally appeared in the Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episodes Spooky Space Kook and That's Snow Ghost, respectively.
- The flashbacks of Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, were recreated using computer animation, which was originally hand-drawn.
- Cassandra Peterson/Elvira hosts a similar program as she does in the real-world. Peterson also played a similar parody of herself called Drella Diabolique in the DTV LEGO Scooby-Doo! Haunted Hollywood.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- The ending of the last DTV strongly implied that they would go back and regain their reputation and prove the Sheriff wrong, all of which is ignored in this film.
- The gang are surprised by being brought back to Moonscar Island/Moonscar Mansion, as if they were given no previous insight to where they were heading. They just put their lives in the hands of some competition they just happen to see on TV.
- Flashbacks are shown back to the gang's previous time on the island, but Velma keeps ranting about not believing everything she saw, which she puts down to being the result of hallucinations brought on by swamp gas, and what they faced previously before has resulted in an unresolved/unsolved mystery. She acted similarly in Curse of the 13th Ghost, but the difference between that movie and this movie, is that in the previous film, it was based on events that Velma wasn't originally witness to, so her defying ignorance is somewhat justified, but this movie uses flashbacks of Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island within its own movie, which Velma was originally witness to, making her overly irrational just for the sake of not wanting to face the facts of what really happened, which could've been used as character development in acceptance.
- Because ten or so other direct-to-videos have come during Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island and this one, where they have been regressed from adults back to teenagers, the latter has to retcon the differences, no matter how unconvincing they are, so Daphne being the host of her own show is changed to her being on a school project, which has for some reason gained interest from the same talk show host, Chris.
- There was a real cat person among the fake ones, which was left a mystery, as if to leave it open ended for the audience to make up their own idea if the cat people are real or not, but it was already clearly established that the cat people were real, leaving the addition of a mystery cat person pretty redundant.
- Beau Neville was the only character from the original movie not to appear either the flashbacks or have an actor counterpart, as if he never existed.
- Velma said that the guest book had signatures from all the guests who stayed there before it was a hotel however they didn't sign to check in although it's possible Simone had her guests check in inside the lobby as we didn't see it in the first movie
In other languages
|French||Scooby-Doo ! Retour sur l'île aux zombies||Scooby-Doo! Return to Zombie Island|
- Scooby-Doo! Return to Zombie Island DVD (Walmart exclusive) released by Warner Home Video on September 3, 2019.
- Scooby-Doo! Return to Zombie Island DVD released Warner Home Video on October 1, 2019.
- Scooby-Doo! Retour sur l'île aux zombies (Scooby-Doo! Return to Zombie Island) DVD released by Warner Home Video on September 11, 2019.
- ↑ NEWSDESK (July 1, 2019). "WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS WORLD PREMIERES OF BATMAN: HUSH, TEEN TITANS GO! VS. TEEN TITANS, LEGO® DC: BATMAN – FAMILY MATTERS, SCOOBY-DOO! RETURN TO ZOMBIE ISLAND AND A SHAZAM! DOCUMENTARY". The Fanboy Factor. Retrieved July 2, 2019.
- Buy in HD from Amazon.com