|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Scaring Room Only is the first of four stories in Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? #74, by DC Comics. It was followed by the reprints Velma's Monsters of the World: Griffin, Karmk Chaos!, and A Well-Laid Trap.
Broadway's hottest new play, Franklin: An American Musical, is threatened by the ghosts from previous plays held at the same theatre.
Insert details here.
- Ghost of William Shakespeare (single appearance)(Mr. Miranda's disguise)
- Ghost of a mobster (single appearance)(no lines)(Mr. Miranda's disguise)
- Ghost of the music teacher (single appearance)(no lines)(Mr. Miranda's disguise)
- Ghost of the tiger prince (single appearance)(no lines)(Mr. Miranda's disguise)
- Mr. Miranda (single appearance)(redeemed)
- Ghost of a cowboy (single appearance)(Mr. Miranda's disguise)
- Miscellaneous theatre goers (single appearance)(no lines)(main story and flashback)
- Ray (single appearance)
- Black car
|Linda Manuel||For her online lottery.|
|Ray||He's been getting a lot of business at his pizzeria.|
|Mr. Miranda as various theatre ghosts||The line of theatre goers was cutting off access to his shop.|
The following credits try to match how they are displayed in the comic as much as possible:
- Ivan Cohen - writer
- Walter Carzon - penciller
- Horacio Ottolini - inker
- Silvana Brys - colorist
- Saida Temofonte - letterer
- Carzon, Ottolini, and Brys - cover art
- Brittany Holzherr - editor
- The title card and credits are at the end of the story, instead of the beginning.
- In a rare moment, the gang are referred to by their full name of Mystery Incorporated, not just Mystery Inc.
- The Mystery Machine is absent.
- Scooby loves Hamlet.
- Mr. Miranda's reason for dressing up as the ghosts brings Shaggy to tears.
- The Tiger Prince is a parody of the The Lion King.
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Shaggy, Scooby, and Velma are sitting to watch the musical, but Daphne and Fred are standing.