SCOOB! is an upcoming CGI animated film, based upon the Scooby-Doo Saturday morning cartoons produced by Hanna-Barbera, and a reboot of the series, which includes other Hanna-Barbera franchises owned by Warner Bros. under WanerMedia. It is animated by Reel FX, and was due to be released in theaters on May 15, 2020, although it was later pulled from the release schedule.
Mystery Inc. rally other heroes to prevent a dogpocalypse from being unleashed, which will bring about the release of the ghost of Cerberus, and a secret history behind Mystery Inc.'s mascot, Scooby-Doo. Meanwhile, Dick Dastardly attempts world domination.
|Will Forte||Shaggy Rogers|
|Zac Efron||Fred Jones|
|Amanda Seyfried||Daphne Blake|
|Gina Rodriguez||Velma Dinkley|
|Tracy Morgan||Captain Caveman|
|Kiersey Clemons||Dee Dee Skyes|
|Mark Wahlberg||Blue Falcon|
|Jason Isaacs||Dick Dastardly|
|Pierce Gagnon||Young Fred Jones|
|Iain Armitage||Young Shaggy Rogers|
|Mckenna Grace||Young Daphne Blake|
|Ariana Greenblatt||Young Velma Dinkley|
- Previously, the film was set for a September 21, 2018 release.
- Director Tony Cervone said that it is a CGI animated comedy that is "kind of an origin story".
- The first teaser trailer was debuted on ABC's morning show Good Morning America, on November 11, 2019. It featured the song "Without You" by Avicii. The second trailer debuted on February 2, 2019, during the Puppy Bowl (a parody of the Super Bowl the same day) on Animal Planet.
- In promotion, there was a Scoob! selfie mobile site launched, where one could have an image of Scooby-Doo inserted around a person taking a picture of themselves.
- The teaser trailer depicts Shaggy finding Scooby on a beach, which the official website confirms to be Venice Beach, presumably in California. Previous incarnations have been set in California, such as Shaggy & Scooby living as beach bums on a unspecified Californian beach in Scooby-Doo: The Movie, and the Mystery Incorporated TV series being primarily set in Crystal Cove, California, while Joe Ruby & Ken Spears conceived Mystery Inc. to be living in Laguna Beach, California, in the original Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! TV series, although it was never confirmed on-screen, but implied to at least be set somewhere in California.
- In the opening to the trailer released during the aforementioned Puppy Bowl, Shaggy refers to Scooby playing dead as the greatest death scene since the film Avengers: Endgame.