|A haunting need for images|
Needed: Main image.
|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Shaggy becomes the unlikely caddy of celebrity basketball player Chris Paul, when the latter enters a charity golf tournament to help an art school, which is not only on the brink of closing, but also haunted by a swamp monster.
While training with a golfer for the upcoming tournament, the caddy becomes freightened of the Swamp Monster and runs off. Undaunted, the golfer carried on with his practice, only for the Swamp Monster to show up and captured him!
The gang was in the process of unmasking the Bee Man of Alcatraz when Shaggy received a phone call from Chris Paul, requesting him to come to the tournament and be his caddy. After unmasking the Beeman swiftly, the gang hurried off to the helicopter Chris sent to them. While in flight, Velma read that a swamp monster is kidnapping golfers.
Chris Paul met the gang and showed the art school. He teaches children bowling there, but the angry teacher thinks that the school is doomed. Scooby tried to play bowling but made the ghround crash and Chris Paul saved the gang. When the competition started, Chris was off to a rough start, unable to play well. It took some encouraging words from Shaggy, who said that "the golf is like a sandwich", for Chris to focus better at the game and improve his play.
After the announcer was attacked by the Swamp Monster, Scooby was in the process of chasing the squirrels when he saw that the announcer is missing. So Scooby began to announce everything himself but a Swamp Monster appeared and dissapeared. Chasing the squirrels again, Scooby found a clue - a scuba tank. The gang dived underwater and discovered the underwater cave system and scuba tanks.
A Swamp Monster attacked the gang so they began to swim from him. They used the caves as Scooby-Dooby doors before running to the school, where they managed to trick the monster and make their escape.
While running off, the monster losses a clue - his compass. As the competition resumes, Shaggy was going to play when the caddy from the flashback stopped him and said that this place is cursed. Chris said that Shaggy must take part because once Chris saved Shaggy's life. Velma asked when did Chris save Shaggy's life and Shaggy told them that Chris gave him a slice of pizza. Fred had a plan, but to make it work, Shaggy, Scooby and Chris must run to the 18th hole.
After the competition resumes, the monster began secretly kidnapping people until Chris, Shaggy and Scooby were the only golfers left! As the Swamp Monster went after them, Chris stated that he won't let the monster stop him from finishing the game. So while the monster ran after them, Chris Paul continued to play on the run, eventually they jumped in the go-cart and rode to the 18th hole.
As the monster gained on them, the trio jumped from the cart, only for it to speed towards Fred and the girls, forcing them to leap into the river. In the same time, Chris tried to run to the hole to make the ball slide in the hole, but the monster was running to get him. Fred cried for Shaggy and Scooby to push the flag, which they complied, only for the monster to run towards them. Thankfully, the squirrels showed up and pushed the flag, leading to a net falling on the monster and capture it.
The Swamp Monster was subsequently unmasked as the caddy from the flashback, who was seeking to buy the land cheap and build condos. Afterwards, Chris tried to put the ball in the hole... but missed. It took him all night before he finally succeeded and won.
- Mystery Inc.
- Chris Paul (single appearance)(main story and flashback)
- Bee Man of Alcatraz (single appearance)(no lines)(Bob the Beekeeper's disguise)
- Bob the Beekeeper (single appearance)
- Swamp Monster (single appearance)(no lines)(caddy's disguise)
- Caddy (single appearance)
- Golfer (single appearance)
- Police officer 1 (single appearance)(no lines)
- Police officer 2 (single appearance)(no lines)
- Gophers (single appearance)(no lines)
- Teacher (single appearance)
- Kids (single appearance)(miscellaneous speaking)
- Golf announcer (single appearance)
- Burt Friendly (single appearance)(no lines)
- Arthur C. Habberknackles (single appearance)(no lines)
- Hadlee P. Jones (single appearance)(no lines)
- Miscellaneous golfers (single appearance)(no lines)
- Police officer 3 (single appearance)(no lines)
- The Mystery Machine
- Chris Paul's helicopter
- Golf karts
|Teacher||She acted spooky.|
|Burt Friendly||Land developer.|
|Arthur C. Habberknackles||Self-proclaimed child-hater and art-despiser.|
|Hadlee P. Jones||Trying to buy the land for years.|
|Bob the Beekeeper as the Bee Man of Alcatraz||Unknown.|
|Caddy as the Swamp Monster||To buy the land cheap and build expensive condos.|
|Frank Welker|| Scooby-Doo|
|Matthew Lillard||Shaggy Rogers|
|Grey Griffin|| Daphne Blake|
|Kate Micucci|| Velma Dinkley|
|Phil LaMarr|| Caddy|
- Shaggy announces the celebrity guest in the title card, as an allusion to The New Scooby-Doo Movies, although it isn't exclusive to Shaggy in Guess Who, as Velma has a turn in the next episode, A Mystery Solving Gang Divided
- Shaggy being talented in golfing has been seen before in A Terrifying Round with a Menacing Metallic Clown, an episode of What's New, Scooby-Doo?
- The kids in orange scuba gear, and Scooby in green, is an allusion to the Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episode A Clue for Scooby Doo.
- Disguises: Fred, Velma, Shaggy, and Scooby as artists; Daphne as art model.
- The Bee Man of Alcatraz is a parody of the Birdman of Alcatraz, aka Robert Stroud, a convicted murderer who raised and wrote books about birds while he was an inmate of Leavenworth Penitentiary, but gained more popularity while at Alcatraz, mostly due to the film Birdman of Alcatraz, starring Burt Lancaster.
- While Chris Paul is pretending to teach art to confuse the Swamp Monster, he notes "There are no mistakes, only happy accidents." This is a famous quote attributed to the late television painter Bob Ross.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- As the swamp monster is chasing Chris Paul, Shaggy and Scooby-Doo in a golf cart, for a brief moment, their golf cart, changes from yellow to orange.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- It is not mentioned if the fire department responded and/or reacted to Shaggy pulling the fire alarm at the Art School to distract the Swamp Monster. Falsely pulling a fire alarm can be a serious offense.
- The scoreboard incorrectly lists Burt Friendly as A. Friendly.
- While escaping the Swamp Monster, Chris Paul holes a putt. But without removing the ball from the hole Shaggy manages to replace the flag. The ball should prevent this.
- The caddy runs a different way, so how did he get behind the first victim?
Bob The Beekeeper: And I would have got away with it... (Rest drowned out by the sound of Chris Paul's helicopter)
Announcer: (With deadpan delivery) Well folks, we're down to our last holes of golf, and our last remaining golfers. Seems that Swamp Monster has been very busy. So let's hope at least one of our golfers can survive to the end.
In other languages
|Ukrainian||Помста Болотного Монстра!||Revenge of the Swamp Monster!|
|Russian||Месть Болотного Монстра!||Revenge of the Swamp Monster!|