|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Insert details here.
- Frankie Martin (single appearance)
- Steve Harwell (single appearance)
- Shawn (single appearance)
- Shawna (single appearance)
- Coral Creature (single appearance)(no lines)(redeemed)
- Rama Yam (single appearance)(Spencer Johnson's disguise)
- Spencer Johnson (single appearance)
- Paul DeLisle (single appearance)(no lines)(cameo)
- Greg Camp (single appearance)(no lines)(cameo)
- Yogi Bear (indirectly mentioned)
- Michael Urbano (single appearance)(no lines)(cameo)
- Queensland, Australia
- Miami Beach (mentioned)
- New Guinea (mentioned)
|Frankie Martin|| He wanted to win the sand castle competition.|
Angry that Smash Mouth's loud music was destroying the sandcastles.
|Shawn & Shawna||They claimed to be surfers, but nobody ever saw them surfing.|
|Coral Creature||Due to it being a real monster. However it only came to the surface because Spencer Johnson was disturbing its environment.|
|Smash Mouth||Payback to the sand builders trying to get them off the beach.|
|Spencer Johnson disguised as Rama Yam||Hypnotised beach goers into making an underwater tunnel to New Guinea.|
|Frank Welker|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Mindy Cohn||Velma Dinkley|
|Grey DeLisle|| Daphne Blake|
|Steven J. Blum|| Rama Yam|
|James Arnold Taylor|| Frankie Martin|
|Song||Credits||Performed by||Character performance by|
|"New Planet "||Written by Gregory D. Camp, Paul Gerald DeLisle, Steven Scott Harwell||Smash Mouth||N/A|
- This episode was included in Cartoon Network's Scooby-Doo! Back to School Marathon (August 10–11, 2013).
- Fred makes reference to the tagline of Jaws 2; this is the second What's New, Scooby-Doo? episode to do that after J.J. Hakimoto did in the first season episode, 3-D Struction.
- Shaggy confuses yoga with Yogi Bear.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- When Fred, Daphne and Velma enter the tunnel, the airlock is full of water. How come it didn't get flooded?
- The plan to dig the reefway between Austrslia and New Guinness using manual labour is highly improbable The shortest distance between The Great Barrier Reef and Papua New Guinea is approximately 800 kilometres (500 miles). Even the shortest distance between the countries is about 150 kilometres (95 miles).
- It is unknown what happened to the other members of smash mouth during the mystery or how the sand got there.
In other languages
|Greek||Κάστρα στην Άμμο||Castles in the Sand|
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Complete 3rd Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video on January 8, 2008.
- Scooby-Doo! and the Sea Monsters DVD released by Warner Home Video March 6, 2012.
Fred: We need to find out where these disappearing people are disappearing to. That means it's time for a plan. Does anybody have one?
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Gold Paw|| What's New, Scooby-Doo?|