|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
After Shaggy wins a trip to the Scooby Snax Factory the gang prepare for a well deserved holiday. Unfortunately there is very high security in the factory because of spies. But, worst of all, the ghost of a former employee who died in the Scooby Snax paste vat is lurking in the shadows.
Insert details here.
- Scooby Snack Monster (single appearance)(no lines)(Penelope Bailey's disguise)
- Penelope Bailey (single appearance)(redeemed)
- Second Scooby Snack Monster (single appearance)(no lines)(Trudy Lowe's disguise)
- "Trudy Lowe" (single appearance)
- Burglar 1 (single appearance)
- Burglar 2 (single appearance)
- Worker 1 (single appearance)
- United States
- Aruba (mentioned)
|Ernest Bailey||He is a sleepwalker.|
|Moss T. Meister||He is insanely protective of the Scooby Snack recipe.|
|Trudy Lowe||She is an industrial spy.|
|Trudy Lowe as the fake Scooby Snack Monster||To steal the Scooby Snack recipe for a rival factory.|
|Penelope Bailey as the Scooby Snack Monster||To protect the factory from industrial spies.|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Grey DeLisle||Daphne Blake|
|Mindy Cohn||Velma Dinkley|
|Jeff Bennett||Ernest Bailey|
|Susanne Blakeslee||Penelope Bailey|
|Larry Drake||Moss T. Meister|
|Tara Strong||Trudy Lowe|
|"Sabre Dance "||Written by Aram Khachaturian
Arranged by Dave Edmunds
- At the end of this episode, Scooby-Doo says a variation of his catchphrase, which is "Scooby-Snacky-Doo!".
- This is an extended homage to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- The gang wins a tour of the factory as the result of winning a contest.
- Ernest Bailey wears a top hat like Willy Wonka.
- Scooby and Shaggy want to drink from a flowing river of food, like Augustus Gloop.
- They are sucked up a pipe, also like Gloop.
- They are nearly pulled into a fan, like Charlie Bucket in the first movie version.
- They nearly get fed into an incinerator like Veruca Salt.
- They become so full they become round and have to be rolled like Violet Beauregarde.
- A giant-size product package catches the monster, like the one in the room that tempted Mike Teavee.
- A glass elevator goes up into the air, like in the book sequel, The Great Glass Elevator.
- One of the rooms where the Scooby Snack Monster chases Daphne in resembles the Fizzy Lifting Drinks room in the first movie version.
- There are spies trying to steal the formula for rival companies.
- This is the third episode where Fred impersonates Elvis Presley - after he also said "Thank you very much" after unmasking the villains in the Simple Plan episode.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- The fan blade had nowhere else to fall but down the pipe, so it should have been under Scooby and Shaggy's feet when they landed, but it wasn't.
- When the gang found Penelope tied to the chair, her feet weren't tied together. But, in the following scene and the flashback, they were.
In other languages
|Greek||Η Συνταγή της Καταστροφής||The Recipe of Disaster|
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Complete 2nd Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video on June 7, 2007.
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: For the Love of Snack DVD set released by Warner Home Video on January 7, 2014.
- Scooby-Doo! and the Gourmet Ghost DVD released by Warner Home Video on September 11, 2018.
Ernest Bailey: Welcome to our savory wonderland, where dreams abound and fear is all around...
Daphne: (inside sterilization chamber) Why do I get the feeling something bad is about to happen?
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Simple Plan and the Invisible Madman||What's New, Scooby-Doo?
|Large Dragon at Large|