|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Insert details here.
- Alexandra Viggi (only appearance)
- Gladiator (only appearance)(Ugo DiRinaldi's disguise)
- Gladiator's horses (only appearance)(no lines)(redeemed)
- Captain Guzman (only appearance)
- Ugo DiRinaldi (only appearance)
- Emperor Caesar Saladicus (only appearance)(Captain Guzman's disguise)(in the shadows)
- Shopkeeper (only appearance)
- Nero (mentioned)(deceased)
- Waitress (only appearance)
- Fabbricini (only appearance)(no lines)
- Male Tourist 1
- Male Tourist 2
- Male Tourist 3
- Male Tourist 4
- Female Tourist
- Adriatic Sea
- Ice cream
- Daphne's purse
- Daphne's cell phone
- Scooby Snacks boxes
- Scooby Snacks
|Alexandra Viggi||She refused to bring the gang to the top of the volcano.|
|Ugo DiRinaldi||He warned the gang that things can get very scary in the ruins.|
|Captain Guzman||He had suspicious artifacts on his barge.|
|Ugo DiRinaldi as the gladiator
Captain Guzman as Caesar Saladicus
|Illegally excavating and dumping artifacts into Mount Vesuvius, so there could be more land for Scungimondo to build on.|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Mindy Cohn||Velma Dinkley|
|Grey DeLisle||Daphne Blake|
|Mark Hamill||Captain Guzman|
Emperor Caesar Saladicus
|Daran Norris||Ugo DiRinaldi|
|Tara Strong||Alexandra Viggi|
|Song||Credits||Performed by||Character performance by|
|"Hai Capito"||Written by Rich Dickerson and Gigi Meroni||Luciano Palermi, Raffaella Camera, and Rich Dickerson||N/A|
- The Mystery Machine is absent in this episode.
- A "Daphanatic" from the direct-to-video film Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy, somehow has a black and white snapshot of Daphne wearing her headscarf and sunglasses from this episode.
- Daphne is able to drive in this episode, although later in the DTV Scooby-Doo! Moon Monster Madness, she's depicted as having a hard time getting her driver's license.
- Disguises: Shaggy as gladiator.
- Scooby Snacks bribe: 2 boxes for Scooby and Shaggy.
- "Ruh-roh" count:
- "Zoinks" count:
- "Jeepers" count:
- "Jinkies" count:
- Fred can bench press 220.
- The episode name is a parody of the song "Pomp and Circumstance".
- Daphne has a credit card named HNB, an allusion to Hanna-Barbera.
- Scooby-Doo and Shaggy having an accidental kiss as the result of eating spaghetti from the same plate is a reference to the film Lady and the Tramp.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- The map covering Perugia and Sorrento spell them as "Perugla" and "Sorrenlo", respectively.
- How did overflowing lava return to the volcano after Daphne kicked the generator?
- After Daphne goes in another direction while in the Colosseum, her purse disappears, which would have been handy to explain where she suddenly got the headscarf and sunglasses from. It's possible she had money that wasn't from her credit card that she used to buy them (presumably quickly) after they brought the convertible.
- Scooby-Doo says ouch when he doesn’t get his nose Pinched.
- It isn't explained what Captain Guzman is getting out of it from helping Ugo. It's likely he's a paid accomplice otherwise he's just somebody who simply likes to do illegal things for fun or out of spite.
- Apparently it did not occur to either Captain Guzman or Ugo that they could make much more money by selling the artifacts excavated than the buildings.
In other languages
|French||Le gladiateur de Pompéi||The Gladiator of Pompeii|
|Greek||Το Τέρας της Πομπηίας
Περιπέτειες στην Πομπηία
|The Monster of Pompeii|
Adventures in Pompeii
|Italian||Un Viaggio A Pompei||A Trip To Pompeii|
|Norwegian||Gladiatoren i Pompeii||The gladiator in Pompeii|
|Polish||Heca w Pompejach||Fun in Pompeii|
|Spanish (Latin America)||Pompeya y Circunstancia||Pompeii and Circumstance|
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 7 - Ghosts on the Go DVD released by Warner Home Video on November 8, 2005.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Complete 1st Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video on February 20, 2007.
- Scooby-Doo! and the Zombies DVD released by Warner Home Video on August 30, 2011.
Fred: We were told that Pompeii might not be so safe lately. Lots of pandemonium and mayhem.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Lights! Camera! Mayhem!||What's New, Scooby-Doo?