- This article is about the original villain from The Scooby-Doo Show: The Creepy Case of Old Iron Face. For the cyber-version, see Old Iron Face (Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase).
|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Needed: History is incomplete.
Old Iron Face has an intimidating appearance. He has a huge masculine body built with a wide chest and broad shoulders. An iron mask covers his face, revealing his green eyes. His outfit sightly resembles a pirate with a captain's hat, a light blue long-sleeved collared shirt under a black tunic, a purple belt sash, jean colored pants, and high black boots with shoe buckles.
Old Iron Face is mean-spirited and determined to scare tourists away from Skull Island.
Powers and abilities
He is extremely strong, being able to bust down multiple locked stone doors with ease. He is also able to maintain his balance while riding a school of sharks.
The Scooby-Doo Show
When Iron Face was unmasked, it was revealed that he wasn't a male, but a female: Mama Mione. Mama Mione had decided to pretend she was Old Iron Face and use the cafè to hide the fact that she smuggled convicts through an underground hideout on Skull Island. She then sent them out from her secret hideaway in fake iron sharks. She dressed as Old Iron Face to make sure nobody went to Skull Island and found where she smuggled and hid the escaped convicts.
Mama Mione reused her Old Iron Face mask for the Baron.
- The Scooby-Doo Show
- Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase
- DTV22. Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy (flashback, no lines)
- Iron Face's "legendary" backstory is similar to the 17th/18th-century French legend of the Man in the Iron Mask.
- In the PlayStation version of Scooby-Doo! Night of 100 Frights, Old Iron Face was intended to be the final boss of the game's second level, "Mystic Manor." (in which most of the locations in this level ended up being reused in the final game in one way or another) Scooby and Shaggy first encounter Old Iron Face in a door marked, "DO NOT OPEN THIS DOOR." Opening it, they encounter him, beginning the boss battle. The duo eventually defeated Old Iron Face permanently by placing oil on a wooden plank, causing him to slip and fall off of it while the two of them ran away. In the revamp, Old Iron Face was one of the monsters that were eventually scrapped.