Mystery Inc is enjoying an Impossibles concert, when Shaggy notices Frankenstein Jr. tear up the stadium. Velma takes control of the situation and helped evacuate the stadium. While the croud was distracted, the Impossibles suited up to become Fluid-Man, Coil-Man , and Multi-Man . After everyone evacuated, Mystery Inc. and the Impossibles met Buzz Conroy , invesntor of Frankenstein Jr. Apparently Mad Inventor fought Buzz and his robot, and turned Frankenstein Jr. evil. Suddenly, the robot appeared and caught the group in a net, but they quickly escaped.
The Impossibles tried to distract Frankenstein Jr, but were electricuted and beaten by him. Buzz tried to see if anyone was controling the robot, but his radar ring did not detect any radiowaves controlling him. Soon, Buzz realised his friend was being controlled directly by his enemy: Mad Inventor. They needed to stop the controlled being, so Daphne convinced his creator that they needed to destroy his creation. So Buzz came up with a plan. As Coil-Man jumped on his head and Multi-Man ran around his legs, Frankenstein Jr. deployed his Quick-Freeze Ray, which allowed Fluid-Man to sneak inside its body and make him short circuit. Frankenstein Jr. fell down, and the Impossibles began to fight Mad Inventor's monsters. They fought, and the Impossibles were loosing until Buzz fixed Frankenstein Jr and helped them fight. They won, and Mad Inventor was arrested.
- Impossibles (first full appearance)(final appearance)
- Buzz Conroy (first full appearance)(final appearance)
- Frankenstein Jr. (first full appearance)(robot)(tampering)(redeemed)(final appearance)
- Mad Inventor (single appearance)
- Big D (single appearance)(TV or computer screen)(cameo)
- Professor Conroy (only time mentioned)(unnamed)
- Werewolf (single appearance)
- Unnamed city
- Big D's headquarters (TV or computer screen)
- Frankenstein Jr.'s instant expanding-net trap
- Buzz Conroy's radar ring
|Mad Inventor controlling Frankenstein Jr.||The only way to stop was to take control of him.|
The following credits try to match how they are displayed in the comic as much as possible:
- Writer: Sholly Fisch
- Artist: Dario Brizuela
- Letters: Saida Temofonte
- Cover: Dario Brizuela with Franco Riesco
- Assistant editor: Rob Levin
- Editor: Kristy Quinn
- The title card of the story is based on the title cards that introduced the special guest(s) of the TV series The New Scooby-Doo Movies.
- The Mystery Machine is absent.
- The werewolf in this story is similar to the one in the Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episode A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts.
- Hanna-Barbera's version of Godzilla makes an unnamed cameo.
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- This story ignores the fact that the Impossibles, Frankenstein Jr., and Buzz Conroy had been turned into fictional characters for the direct-to-video film Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon.