|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Visiting the filming of The Ape-Man of Forbidden Mountain, which is directed by Daphne's uncle, John Maxwell, they discover there is a real Ape-Man scaring everyone off.
Insert details here.
- Assistant director (single appearance)
- Outskirts of city
- Mansion set
- Carl's trailer
|Carl as the Ape-Man||For not getting the lead role.|
- This is an adaptation of Never Ape an Ape Man, from the original Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! TV series. Several things from the original TV version were either removed or altered:
- Instead of confusingly having both Epi-Center Film Company and Starbright Films involved in the movie, just the latter is.
- The parrot that says "Stick 'em up, what's the password?"
- Ape Man dressing up as Scooby and performing the mirror routine
- Shaggy isn't given a Shaggy Snack, but given Scooby Snacks, along with Scooby.
- Scooby isn't offered a bonus snack.
- Shaggy taking a picture of the Ape Man unmasked before he is captured. Instead, the Ape Man is unmasked at the end of the mystery.
- There is a twist at the end because John Maxwell decides to rewrite the film so the gang can play leading roles, with Scooby-Doo as the Ape Man.
- Whichever city they are outside of is presumably where they are supposed to live, which according to the retcon in the A Pup Named Scooby-Doo TV series, would be Coolsville.
- Scooby-Doo! Classic Comics: Vol. 1 CD-Rom (Sep 2009)
Shaggy: It's Carl... the stunt man!