|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
While in Egypt on an archaeological dig with Melbourne O'Reilly, the gang encounters Mummy of Pharaoh Scamses - a mummy who has a knack of turning tourists into zombie minions. Even worse for the gang is the fact that they are in danger of being turned into zombies themselves.
Insert details here.
- Camel Sam (single appearance)
- Mummy of Pharaoh Scamses (single appearance)(Melbourne O'Reilly's disguise)
- Zombies (single appearance)(tourists and guide hypnotized)
- Tourist father (single appearance)(hypnotized)(redeemed)
- Tourist father's daughter (single appearance)(hypnotized)(redeemed)
- Tourist father's son (single appearance)(hypnotized)(redeemed)
- Guide (single appearance)(hypnotized)(redeemed)
- Melbourne O'Reilly (final appearance)(hypnotized)(redeemed)
- Prince Qasl Al-Famir (single appearance)
- Madamoiselle Chantal (single appearance)
- Tour bus driver (single appearance)
- Pharaoh Scamses XV (single appearance)(pictograph)
- Pharaoh Scamses XV's slaves (single appearance)(pictograph)
- Camels (single appearance)(no lines)
- Costa Rica (mentioned)
- Tourist son's camera
- Pizza (mirage of plastic version)
- Doughnut (mirage of plastic version)
- French fries (mirage of plastic version)
- Apples (mirage)
- Bananas (mirage)
- Sleeping bags
- Tour buses
|Camel Sam||His business improved when people evacuated due to a water shortage.|
|Madamoiselle Chantal||The stolen water was diverted over to Zalqara, where she worked.|
|Prince Qasl Al-Famir and Madamoiselle Chantal||To divert water over to Zalqara for Madamoiselle Chantal's businesses.|
|Melbourne O'Reilly as the Mummy of Pharaoh Scamses||Hypnotized by Prince Al-Famir to scare away intruders.|
|"Time Running"||Written by Tegan Quin and Sara Quin||Tegan and Sara|
- The gang previously met Melbourne O'Reilly in 3-D Struction.
- The episode title is a play on "Mother knows best."
- This is the first time Velma is hypnotized.
- Scooby wears a blue bandana, instead of his regular dogtag and collar. With the exception of the scene at Chantal's where he's dressed as a dancer.
- Frank Welker is uncredited as the Mummy of Pharaoh Scamses, and the voice actor of the tour bus driver is uncredited, too.
- This is the first episode that has Mindy Cohn voice another character besides Velma.
- This episode was included in Cartoon Network's Scooby-Doo! Back to School Marathon (August 10-11, 2013).
- Disguises: Fred as a sheik; Shaggy & Scooby as sultans; Velma and Daphne as the Fatima Sisters; Scooby as a belly dancer.
- Daphne says "Exit, stage right", a catchphrase of Snagglepuss (although, he was more prone to say "Exit, stage left").
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- After Daphne clipped the strap on Shaggy's sandal to pick the lock, Shaggy's sandal was back to normal for the rest of the episode.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Giza is on the outskirts of Cairo, but all the different sites are just lumped into being in Cairo.
- Melbourne was camping with the gang when the mummy watched them from atop the pyramid, and also with them when the mummy first appeared and made the sand storm. It couldn't have been Melbourne dressed up as the mummy, so it would have to be Prince Qasl or Madam Chantal.
In other languages
|Greek||Έρχεται η Μούμια||Here Comes the Mummy|
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 3 - Halloween Boos and Clues VHS released by Warner Home Video on August 10, 2004.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 3 - Halloween Boos and Clues DVD released by Warner Home Video on August 10, 2004.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Complete 2nd Season DVD set released by Warner Home Video on June 7, 2007.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?: Volume 3 - Halloween Boos and Clues (Halloween edition) DVD set released by Warner Home Video on September 24, 2013.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Big Appetite in Little Tokyo|| What's New, Scooby-Doo?|
|The Fast and the Wormious|