Mummy's the Word is the first part of the third episode of the first season of The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show.
While driving through an Egyptian desert, the guys are caught up in a sandstorm, and when they uncover themselves, they spot a pyramid and it's spooky inhabitant, a ancient mummy.
Scooby, Scrappy and Shaggy are driving through the Egyptian desert and enter a pyramid, following Scrappy, who then tries on a pharaoh's head, scaring the others. They are chased by a live mummy and temporarily escape by disguising as paintings. They are next attacked by crocodiles in an indoor lake, whom Scrappy easily takes care of.
When the mummy finds them again, Scrappy merely unravels its bandages, but its spirit follows them outside. The gang see this as they still hear his moans and see his footprints, and run to the Mystery Machine, driving off.
- Mummy (single appearance)
- Crocodiles (single appearance)(no lines)
- The Mystery Machine
|Don Messick|| Scooby-Doo|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
- The episode title is a play on the phrase, "mum's the word."
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- Scooby and Scrappy's dogtags should have their initials stylised in teal, but are prone to have the following mistakes (including being completely covered in teal or just empty):
- Scooby takes off the cup from the flask, but it's still on.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- None known.
In other languages
|Hungarian||A múmia titka||The Secret of the Mummy|
- Scooby-Doo in Swamp Witch VHS released in 1990.
- The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show: Volume One DVD set released by Warner Home Video on May 20, 2008.