Mr. E was the former anonymous person who helped the new Mystery Incorporated in their earlier mysteries. His alias was a pun of the word "mystery."
He signified his clues' authenticity by marking them with his personal wax seal — the letter E. He was later revealed to be Ricky Owens, a member of the original Mystery Incorporated who disappeared in the Crystal Cove Caves.
Mr. E was very stocky, Caucasian male, with a large body. He wore a purple jacket over a horizontal yellow and white stripy t-shirt. He had scraggly brown hair and a beard. He also had dark, sunken eyes. His jacket had his seal with an 'E' on it.
He teamed up with Professor Pericles despite the parrot having betrayed him in the past and shared his desire to find the treasure.
However, when Pericles began committing very dangerous acts, E planned to kick him out of the group, only to be betrayed by Brad and Judy and was powerless to oppose Pericles. He also greatly cared for Cassidy Williams and was noticeably distraught when he realized she was gone.
As the time of Nibiru approached, he came to greatly regret everything he'd done to the gang and everyone around him, to the point where he lost the will to live, being delighted that he and his former friends were going to die. He even acknowledged that Cassidy was right. As a final act of redemption, he sacrificed himself to save the young Mystery Inc. from the Evil Entity, his last words being to forget about him and save themselves.
In the Post-Nibiru reality, Owens never became Mr. E and was therefore a much kinder, lighthearted man, happily married to Cassidy and having a true friendship with Pericles.
Skills and abilities
He was very successful at making money. He had a keytar and knew how to play it.
Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
He gave them a CD that helped them solve the case.
He told Velma and Marcie to get the piece of the Planispheric Disk in Baba Yaga's House. When Marcie came home, she found him in her living room, and he warned her not to side with Mystery Incorporated, stating that their days were numbered.
He scolded Velma for double crossing him and kicking Marcie out of the group, but she hung up on him before he could finish.
Cassidy, Brad and Judy consequently turned down Pericles, but E rejoined forces with his former best friend, and plotted with him to destroy Cassidy, who began leaving cryptic messages about all of their wrong doings from her radio station.
Pericles, Brad, and Judy had turned against him after E told Brad and Judy about his plan to get rid of Pericles after he realized Pericles was insane. Pericles implanted a mutant cobra larvae in his spinal column in his sleep, which has crippled him.
He was in charge of Brad and Judy's plastic surgery to look like Fred and an old Daphne, as well fixing the Crystal Cove set to look exactly like a replica of the town, but more "end-of-the-world-ish" as Brad said.
He went with the rest of the old, remaining Mystery Incorporated in Crystal Cove's underground caverns, where the Crystal Cove citizens were digging for Pericles to find the door to the treasure. Once the gate would be found, he was forced by Pericles with the cobra larvae to have the Kriegstaffebots kill all the workers.
He went down to the caves to find the Evil Entity with the rest of the original Mystery Inc. There, he witnessed the murder of Hot Dog Water by the Kriegstaffebots, much to his horror and disgust and making him regret rescuing Pericles when he was a child.
Later when the timeline was remade, Owens had never become Mr. E and rather than be in charge of Destroido Corp, was conversely in charge of Creationex Corp, being alive and healthy as well as happily married to Cassidy in addition to having a firm friendship with Pericles.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
- 121. Menace of the Manticore
- 125. Pawn of Shadows
- 202. The House of the Nightmare Witch
- 203. The Night the Clown Cried II - Tears of Doom!
- 204. Web of the Dreamweaver!
- 205. The Hodag of Horror
- 207. The Gathering Gloom
- 212. Scarebear
- 213. Wrath of the Krampus
- 214. Heart of Evil
- 215. Theater of Doom
- 217. The Horrible Herd
- 219. The Devouring
- 221. The Man in the Mirror (flashback)
- 224. Gates of Gloom
- 225. Through the Curtain
- 226. Come Undone
Additionally, Mr. E's voice can only be heard in the following episodes:
- 101. Beware the Beast from Below
- 102. The Creeping Creatures
- 108. The Grasp of the Gnome
- 109. Battle of the Humungonauts
In other languages
|Rodrigo Carralero||Spanish (Mexico)|
| Γιάννης Στεφόπουλος (Giannis Stefopoulos)|
Βασίλης Μήλιος (Vasilis Milios)
Χρήστος Συριώτης (Christos Siriotis)
|Greek||Stefopoulos played Mr. E in season 1, while Milios played him for the first 13 episodes of season 2. The remaining episodes Mr. E was played by Christos Siriotis.|
Curse of Crystal Cove clues
Throughout the first season Mr. E had supplied clues to the gang for them to solve the Curse of Crystal Cove. The current clues include:
- An old 8-track cassette and a newspaper article with a large piece missing. (Revenge of the Man Crab)
- A Crystal Cove High yearbook from the past featuring a picture of the previous Mystery Inc. (The Legend of Alice May)
- A box Velma found with two pieces of paper in it. One saying "This has all happened before" and the other was a picture of the previous Mystery Inc. With a red circle around their mascot, Professor Pericles. (The Grasp of the Gnome)
- A text message said they had to follow Professor Pericles if they want to solve the mystery. However, the Mystery Inc gang doesn't know that Professor Pericles escaped yet. (Howl of the Fright Hound)
- Mr. E has left them a box belonging to the Darrow family, along with a note which reads that the old Mystery Inc. might never have disappeared if they had this box in their possession. Upon opening the box, its contents are revealed to be an entire history of Crystal Cove. Velma states that it seems that one mystery has become two. (The Shrieking Madness)
- The taunting message of Professor Pericles, through his associate. (Where Walks Aphrodite)
- The last known diary of Cassidy Williams, saying they were about to investigate the ruins of the Darrow home. (Escape from Mystery Manor)
During the first half of the first season Mr. E had also supplied the gang with clues to unmasking the monster of the week:
- An imitation gator skin purse. (The Creeping Creatures)
- A riddle is presented to the gang to help them figure out the identities of the humungonauts.
- "To solve the mystery, do as follows. Open your eyes and look for the "signs" that are all around you. Open your ears and you'll "add" to your knowledge. Open your minds and you'll "ensure" a speedy solution." (Battle of the Humungonauts)
- A physics book by the henchmen with a magazine. (The Secret Serum)
- Two notes inside a bag of Nature Slivers that were nearly eaten by Shaggy. The notes tell them to check out the hospital for a mystery. (When the Cicada Calls)
- A computer message with a dancing swordfish as a clue. (The Wild Brood)
- Mr. E, as Ricky Owens, was the last of the original Mystery Incorporated to die.
- From the beginning there were other possible candidates than Ricky Owens to be Mr. E.
- In Beware the Beast from Below, Daphne was showing the locket to Professor Raffalo, Mayor Jones stared with shock, then anger. In Escape from Mystery Manor, also appeared to be spying on the gang after they recovered a puzzle piece from the Darrow Mansion.
- Professor Pericles warned the gang to beware those close to them.
- Angel Dynamite seemed to recognize the missing kids, but then said she didn't. She had equipment ready to play the 8-track cassette message (an obsolete format that few people would still have around).
- Corrupt CEO Ed Machine claims to be working as Mr. E's henchman. He fit the build of the executioner in The Grasp of the Gnome, who dropped Mr. E's signature sealed envelope.
- ↑ Scarebear, season 2, episode 12.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Legend of Alice May, season 1, episode 6.
- ↑ Beware the Beast from Below, season 1, episode 1.
- ↑ The Creeping Creatures, season 1, episode 2.
- ↑ The Secret of the Ghost Rig, season 1, episode 3.
- ↑ Revenge of the Man Crab, season 1, episode 4.
- ↑ The Grasp of the Gnome, season 1, episode 8.
- ↑ The Secret Serum, season 1, episode 11.
- ↑ The Shrieking Madness, season 1, episode 12.
- ↑ When the Cicada Calls, season 1, episode 13.
- ↑ Menace of the Manticore, season 1, episode 21.
- ↑ Pawn of Shadows, season 1, episode 25.
- ↑ The House of the Nightmare Witch, season 2, episode 2.
- ↑ The Night the Clown Cried II - Tears of Doom!, season 2, episode 3
- ↑ Web of the Dreamweaver!, season 2, episode 4.
- ↑ The Hodag of Horror, season 2, episode 5.
- ↑ The Gathering Gloom, season 2, episode 7.
- ↑ The Devouring, season 2, episode 19.
- ↑ The Man in the Mirror, season 2, episode 21.
- ↑ Gates of Gloom, season 2, episode 24.
- ↑ Through the Curtain, season 2, episode 25.
- ↑ Come Undone, season 2, episode 26.