|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
The teen couple Brenda and Dylan are out of the hospital and are at Creepy Spooky Terror Land and just want to relax and ride a few rides. While on the Nauseator it suddenly stops and a manticore attacks them.
That night Angel sneaks into Destroido and while she does sneak passed all the security points she is caught by Ed Machine. She tells him that she is here to see Mr. E, she tells him that the gang retrieved pieces of the Planispheric disc but reminds him she's working with him. She also expresses her concern for the kids with Pericles on the loose, Mr. E tells her as long as Fred is alive the other two will not move a muscle.
At City Hall, Mayor Jones tells the gang that he actually needs their help as the Manticore may be his fault. He was looking around the internet for something to help the park when he found HauntedAttractionsForSale.scare advertising an ancient Persian temple haunted by a manticore, paid them in left over Que Horrifico T-shirts and they shipped the temple up here. Unfortunately the manticore is actually hurting tourism. Fred is excited to be working for, if not with, his dad.
At the amusement park, the gang meet the owner, Winslow Fletch, and his daughter, Hot Dog Water, who Velma knows from the science fair circuit. The park is going broke and will have to close, especially after Hot Dog Water made a graph showing their plummet. Fred asks to keep the park open just for a while, Winslow is hesitant but agrees.
In the Temple, the Manticore appears and chases the gang but they lose it and hop on a dark ride to get to the exit. The Manticore attacks them, knocking the car off the track, but they jump onto another passing car. Fred decides that if they're going to solve this mystery, they need to find out more about the temple.
At K-Ghoul, Velma checks the website and finds it's now closed, and a fake: the attractions they claim to have sold include the Statue of Liberty as well as many other famous landmarks. Only someone with computer skills could have made the website. Fred sends Shaggy and Scooby back to the park to investigate while he and the girls talk to the mayor. After the rest of the gang leaves, Angel discusses her real identity with Velma and asks where their piece of the disk is.
Fred, Daphne and Velma visit Mayor Jones at City Hall, where he claims to be examining plans for his mayoral library. He found the website through an internet search.
At Creepy Spooky Terror Land, Shaggy and Scooby check the cotton candy for clues and then move on the churros but lose their appetite after smelling them. Winslow Fletcher and Hot Dog Water will have to give away 5000 Char Gar Gothakon dolls since the gang haven't solved the manticore problem. Shaggy and Scooby ride the roller-coaster to look for clues, but are grabbed by the Manticore and dropped onto a merry-go-round, then snatched again and dropped onto a bouncy castle. The rest of the gang arrives, Fletcher asks if they are ok but tells them they need pay for the rides. While explaining what happened they notice Shaggy and Scooby are talking in high pitched voices. Fletch announces he's closing the park, but Fred says his father wants the park to succeed and is counting on the gang to make sure that happens.
At home, Fred tells Velma they need rope, a stapler, tennis rackets and four pounds of halibut, which is in his room for emergency reasons. In Fred's room, Velma finds Mayor Jones going through Fred's drawers. After she meets up with Fred, he tells her he gave the disk piece to Shaggy and Scooby as they are the last ones to have anything of value.
At the park, Daphne is painting Shaggy and Scooby (who feel tortured) with nacho cheese, before they are smothered in halibut at attract the manticore. They will walk back and forth in front of the temple until it appears, when that happens, the others will bash it with tennis rackets and staple its wings to the ground. Whilst Fred is saying this, Shaggy and Scooby have licked the cheese off themselves and eaten the halibut. Velma smells something familiar and the Manticore attacks, seizing Daphne. Fred chases along the roller-coaster and grabs her leg, Velma grabs him, Shaggy grabs her and Scooby launches himself off the ride at the Manticore, eventually forcing it to crash into a fortune-teller machine. The creature deflates and is unmasked as Hot Dog Water, she made that website as she has computer skills and that scent Velma smelled was grimy hot dog water. As it turns out Hot Dog Water was planning to turn the steel in the park rides into super-helium (that's why Scooby and Shaggy's voices were high) to sell to the Australian zeppelin fleet. She ends by saying she would been rich and showned up Velma in the process. Deputy Bucky comes and arrests Marcie.
At Destroido, Angel tells Mr E she put a bug on Velma and that Shaggy and Scooby have the disk but that's all. Mr E says that everything will be fine especially since Scooby is more trustworthy than Pericles ever was.
- Mystery Incorporated
- Manticore (only appearance)(main story and flashback)(Hotdog Water's disguise)
- Hotdog Water (first full appearance)(main story and flashback)
- Dylan Ryan
- Nauseator attendant (only appearance)
- Destroido guard (only appearance)(no lines)
- Ed Machine (no lines)
- Mr. E's sharks (first appearance)(no lines)
- Que Horifico (mentioned)
- Char Gar Gothakon (mentioned)
- Deputy Bucky (no lines)(cameo)
- Original Mystery Incorporated (photo on monitor)(cameo)
- Crystal Cove
- Statue of Liberty (photo on monitor)
- Gatorsburg (TV or computer screen)
- Dylan Ryan's cane
- Hotdog Water's laptop
- Planispheric Disk (drawing)
- Cotton candy
- Nacho cheese
- Angel Dynamite's motorcycle
- The Mystery Machine
- Police car
|Hot Dog Water as the Manticore||To use the metal of the amusement park to make super-helium to sell to the Australian zeppelin fleet.|
- Angel Dynamite is revealed to be Cassidy Williams, a member of the previous Mystery Incorporated, which Velma realised in the previous episode.
- Mr. E is seen for the first time and is revealed to be an original Mystery Incorporated member and the former companion of Professor Pericles.
- The teenage couple in the teaser are the two who were the first victims of the Man-Crab from the teaser of Revenge of the Man Crab.
- Mayor Jones bought the "haunted" temple off of the internet by trading it for leftover Que Horifico tee-shirts from The Song of Mystery.
- Creepy Spooky Terror Land has left over plush dolls of Char Gar Gothakon based on its appearance in The Shrieking Madness.
- This is the first episode that Mayor Jones is seen looking for the Planispheric Disk.
- The figure in the fortune-telling machine resembles the gypsy from the Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episode A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts.
- As the manticore prepares to send Shaggy and Scooby plummeting to the ground for the second time, one of the stalls seen below them is ironically named 'Crash!'.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- When Shaggy and Scooby are being lifted into the air by the Manticore, Shaggy's hand is cut off as his arm swings around.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Dylan and Brenda were apparently broke bones in Revenge of the Man Crab, yet in Where Walks Aphrodite, they're completely fine. It's possible they were added by mistake.
- The fortune teller game made a mistake spelling "meddling". The result was "medding".
In other languages
|Italian||Il Luna Park Mostrificato||The Spookified Carnival|
|Spanish (Latin America)||La Amenaza del Manticora||Menace of the Manticore|
Η Απειλή του Μαντιχώρα (Star TV Dub)
Η Οργή του Μάντικορ (Boomerang TV Dub)
The Menace of the Manticore (Star TV Dub)
The Wrath of the Manticore (Boomerang TV Dub)
|French||Le Manticore||The Manticore|
|Turkish||Manticore'un Tehlikesi||Manticore's Danger|
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season One, Part 2 - Crystal Cove Curse DVD set released by Warner Home Video on January 24, 2012. Erroneously listed as The Menace of Manticore.
- Big Top Scooby-Doo! DVD released by Warner Home Video on October 9, 2012.
- Big Top Scooby-Doo! Blu-ray Disc released by Warner Home Video on October 9, 2012.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The Complete Season 1 DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 8, 2013.
- Best of Warner Bros. 50 Cartoon Collection: Scooby-Doo! DVD set released by Warner Home Video on August 13, 2019.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystères associés: L'intégrale de la saison 1 (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The entirety of season 1) DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 3, 2012.
Hot Dog Water: (reading the fortune from the fortune telling machine) Meddling kids and their dog will foil your plan.
Mr. E: Fred told Velma, and us, enough. You see, Scooby is a much more trusting companion then Pericles was to me.
Scooby: Must...not...lick...self. Must...be...strong.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|The Siren's Song||Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
|Attack of the Headless Horror|