|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Howl of the Fright Hound é o episódio da primeira temporada de Scooby-Doo! Mistério incorporado.
While the guards at the Animal Asylum were having their break, the asylum came under attack by a Fright Hound.
The next day, the gang was sitting near the school and Velma asked Shaggy, again, who will he choose - her or Scooby. Shaggy thinking how to answer when, suddenly, the gang saw a giant spider. They thought it was a real mystery, but then they saw it was just Jason, a boy who loved Velma. He made a spider robot to impress Velma, but Shaggy said that Velma already has a boyfriend. Then some bullies chase Jason away.
Velma's mother was making a tour for the tourists in her bus, when suddenly a Fright Hound appeared and attacked the bus, smashing it.
When the gang rode to the bus, Velma's mother said that Scooby was the dog who attacked her. The gang said that it wasn't true, but Scooby was wrongfully taken to the Animal Asylum by the police.
Shaggy was very sad Scooby was not with him while sitting in the back of the Mystery Machine with Velma. Velma tried to calm him, and even started to behave like Scooby, but that didn't work.
The gang went to search for clues in the bus and found out that the dog was a robot. So Velma thought Jason was behind this and the gang went to his house. Jason's mom let them in. Jason's room was full of photos of Velma! He was talking with his pals, but they said he was not the culprit. Velma didn't believe him, so Jason began to cry.
Shaggy was still sad, so the gang went to the Animal Asylum to visit Scooby. There, Shaggy promised to save his friend. The guard showed them the most dangerous animal - a parrot named Professor Pericles. He was one of the first Mystery Incorporated gang! He said to Fred "don't believe the one who is near you."
When the gang was riding from the Asylum, the Fright Hound attacked them in a car.
The gang went to the police, but the police officer was told that the Fright Hound attacked Animal Asylum again! Shaggy realises that if they won't get Scooby out of there, it is the end for Scooby.
The Hound attacked the guards. He fell in the fire, but that just made his paint come off, and all saw his robotic body. The monster ran to Scooby's cage, but Shaggy saved him. The robot chased the gang, so they decided to hide in an old factory. The monster nearly caught the gang, but all the gang teamed up and knocked the dog down.
The Fright Hound is revealed to be Jason's mom; she was angry at the gang for bullying Jason. Jason and Velma decided to be just friends. But Shaggy chose Scooby, not Velma, and Velma began to cry.
All the animals were found... except one. Professor Pericles escaped. Mr. E send a message to the gang, saying to "follow the parrot."
- Officer Johnson (first appearance)
- Jason Wyatt (first appearance)
- Sheriff Bronson Stone
- Professor Pericles (first appearance)
- Guard 2 (first appearance)
- Willard (first appearance)
- Brenda (no lines)
- Angie Dinkley
- Randy's mom
- Snappy Jack (only time mentioned)
- Monkey (single appearance)(no lines)
- Mr. Bendy (single appearance)(no lines)
- Original Mystery Incorporated (mentioned)
- Professor Emmanuel Raffalo (photograph)
- British nerd (single appearance)
- French nerd (single appearance)
- Minjo (single appearance)
- Deputy (no lines)
- Bear (single appearance)(no lines)
- Chihuahua (single appearance)(no lines)
- Mr. E (mentioned)
- Crystal Cove
- Willard's coffee
- Jason Wyatt's spider robot
- Chubby the Chipmunk Educational Antennae Ball
- Crystal Cove News
|Scooby-Doo||The Fright Hound was made to look like him.|
|Jason Wyatt||He knew how to make robots and had a stalker-crush on Velma.|
|Mrs. Wyatt, operating the Fright Hound||Revenge for believing her son was mistreated.|
- Jason has a newspaper clipping of mentioning how stocks have dived and the ghost-based economy has been undermined because they uncovered the monster scam of Professor Emmanuel Raffalo, which happened in the first episode.
- Daphne asks if the Mystery Machine's engine is missing again when it comes to a stop, which happened in The Creeping Creatures.
- The Fright Hound is debatedly one of Mystery Inc.'s most dangerous and hostile foes this season.
- The Wax Phantom is based on a case that happened in the original series in the episode Don't Fool with a Phantom.
- This episode is a homage to the 1984 film, The Terminator, with a robotic dog taking the place of a humanoid robotic skeleton, the T-800.
- The Fright Hound survives the flames of an exploding car, similar to how T-800 survived the flames of an exploding fuel truck.
- The police station scenes.
- Its disguise is burnt off at the police station, showing its exoskeleton underneath. This actually happened later on in Terminator.
- The climax takes place in a factory, they also both managed to bust down a factory door, just like the movie, and after the robot is believed to have been destroyed it makes one final attempt before being crushed to death at the very end.
- Even the music is alluded to.
- "Jason Wyatt" is also the name of the production manager of this series.
- The room holding Professor Pericles is similar to the cell for Magneto in the first two X-Men movies.
- The uncanny way Pericles disturbs those who visit him is similar to Hannibal Lector in The Silence of the Lambs.
- When Officer Johnson calls up Sheriff Stone stating that all of the animal inmates have been rounded up (except for Professor Pericles), one of the inmates being wheeled in at the time resembled Yogi Bear.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- The Crystal Cove News has a photo of Shaggy, Scooby, and Velma has them depicted in a happier place than what has been depicted during season one. Not at one point in the season (or even season two) would this likely have happened.
- After being wrecked by the Fright Hound, the roof of the Mystery Machine looks okay when the van drives to the factory.
- The Fright Hound is credited as the "Demon Dog", which is actually a description given of it within the episode.
- Jason's mom said she created the Fright Hound after seeing her boy being bullied. However, the Fright Hound attacks some officers in the episode's opening scene.
- No one could tell the difference between Scooby-Doo and the Fright Hound, although it was obvious that the Fright Hound was extremely scary and looked horrible and fierce.
- Mrs. Wyatt wants revenge on Mystery Inc. for bullying her son despite Gary and Ethan being his real bullies, but if that was the case, why did she try not to frame Velma (creating a duplicate of her, which was more logical to do) instead of Scooby?
In other languages
|Spanish (Latin America)||El Sabueso Endemoniado||The Demoniac Hound|
|Spanish (Spain)||El Aullido del Monstruo Sabueso||Howl of the Hound Monster|
|French||Qui Veut la Peau de Scooby-Doo?||Who Wants the Skin of Scooby-Doo?|
|Portuguese||O Uivo do Cão Sinistro||The Howl of the Sinester Hound|
|Hungarian||A Hasonmás||The Alter Ego|
Το Ουρλιαχτό του Σκύλου Ρομπότ (Star TV Dub)
Το Ουρλιαχτό του Τρομερού Λαγωνικού (Boomerang TV Dub)
The Howl of the Robot Dog (Star TV Dub)
The Howl of the Fright Hound (Boomerang TV Dub)
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season One, Volume 3 DVD released by Warner Home Video on September 27, 2011.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The Complete Season 1 DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 8, 2013.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystères associés: L'intégrale de la saison 1 (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The entirety of season 1) DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 3, 2012.
Scooby: Raggy. I've had nightmares. So many nightmares.
Officer Johnson: You'd best stay away from Professor Pericles, kids. Although his brain's no bigger than a cashew, pound for pound it's the smartest brain in the world.
Fred: Quick everyone, into that abandoned factory. We'll be safe among the dangerous machinery.
Shaggy: I don't think I'm ready for a girlfriend right now. But we can still be friends. Right?
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Battle of the Humungonauts|| Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated|
|The Secret Serum|