Mystery Inc travels to Gotham City because of a summons they seemingly recieved from Batman . However, they were met not by Batman, but by Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn . They try to run, but are easily caught by Ivy's vines. Harley claims that the villains don't want to hurt the detectives, but ask them for help. After all, they were the ones who sent the note after all. They had heard of the Scooby Gang from Harley's boyfriend, the Joker , who they had crossed in the past. Anyways, Harley and Ivy had stolen the cursed Ancient Opal of Osiris weeks prior, and since then they had been cuaght in all their schemes. Just after the explanation, a ghost appeared, wanting the opal. The ghost quickly disappeared, and Mystery Inc. started to look around. Fred claims that the ghost may be a real ghost, but Mystery Inc. truly beleved that Batman was the culprit.
Suspicous, Poison Ivy threatened Shaggy, as the ghost catchers showed up just before the ghost had. Then, the ghost appeared, and Shaggy unmasked it, claming that it was Batman. However, the ghost was Catwoman , not Batman. Catwoman wanted the opal because it was a cat's-eye opal. Catwoman stole it from Harley and tried to escape, but was stopped by Poison Ivy. Catwoman broke out and began to fight with Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn. After Harley stopped Mystery Inc. from leaving, the ghost showed up again, confusing everyone as Catwoman was still unmasked and thus, not the ghost. Everyone went off in a panic, except Daphne.
Daphne calmed everyone down, stole the opal from Catwoman, and gave it to the ghost. The ghost unmasked itself, only to reveal Batgirl , who Daphne recognized due to her yellow gloves. Batgirl froze Poison Ivy solid, tied up Catwoman, and knocked out Harley Quinn with her own mallet. The opal was retrieved, and the villains were tied up.
- Harley Quinn (first appearance)(main story and flashback)
- Poison Ivy (single appearance)(main story and flashback)
- Ghost 1 (single appearance)(Catwoman's disguise)
- Catwoman (first full appearance)(final appearance)
- Ghost 2 (single appearance)(Batgirl's disguise)
- Batgirl (first appearance)(redeemed)
- Batman (mentioned)
- Robin (mentioned)
- Ace the Bat-Hound (mentioned)
- Joker (mentioned)
- Museum guards (single appearance)(no lines)(flashback only)
- Gotham City
- Apartment building
- Museum (flashback only)
- Bank (flashback only)
|Catwoman as a ghost||To steal from Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy.|
|Batgirl as a ghost||To catch Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy.|
- Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy heard about the gang from the Joker, who has it out for them after they helped Batman and Robin catch him in the The New Scooby-Doo Movies episodes The Dynamic Scooby-Doo Affair and The Caped Crusader Caper.
The following credits try to match how they are displayed in the comic as much as possible:
- Writer: Sholly Fisch
- Artist: Dario Brizuela
- Colorist: Franco Riesco
- Letterer: Saida Temofonte
- Cover artist: Dario Brizuela with Franco Riesco
- Assistant editor: David Piña
- Editor: Kristy Quinn
- Harley Quinn created by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm
- The title is a play on the webseries (and comic) Gotham Girls, starring the DC characters in this story.
- Instead of based on the designs of the Gotham Girls, the character designs of the guest stars are based on Batman: The Animated Series, particularly Poison Ivy and Catwoman. Catwoman had a cameo appearance in Who's Scared?, where she was based on her Golden Age look from the mainstream comics.
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Even though Harley claimed the Joker wanted vengeance on Mystery Inc., when he later shows up in Happy Harley-daze!, he doesn't even remember who they are.