- This article is about the original incarnation of the Ghost of Captain Cutler. For other incarnations, see Captain Cutler (disambiguation).
|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Needed: History needs greater details.
His personality seemed very lifeless, only making moans and groans when chasing the gang.
Powers and abilities
He left glowing footprints wherever he went, as a result of the glowing seaweed.
As the story went, during one dark, foggy night, Captain Cutler collided with a yacht, following his ship down to the ocean floor. After a while, he began to haunt Rocky Point Beach, to take his revenge to the yachts at the marina by making them disappear.
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
It was later revealed that he was still alive and he and his wife faked his death so that they would steal the yachts and sell them. He was trapped unintentionally by Scooby after Mystery Inc.'s trap went wrong and identified by Shaggy after putting seaweed on Cutler to help his friends recognize who he really was.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
- 102. A Clue for Scooby Doo (no lines)
- Scooby Doo... Where Are You! (Gold Key Comics)
- #4(a). The Ghostly Sea Diver (no lines)
- Scooby-Doo (DC Comics)
- #135(a). Those Meddling Kids
- The model sheet of the Ghost of Captain Cutler refers to him as just "Ghost Diver".
- The Ghost of Captain Cutler was unique as the villain was disguised as his own ghost.
- A profile on the Ghost of Captain Cutler is feature in DC Comics' Scooby-Doo story Who's Who in Scooby-Doo. It is referred to as Cutler's Ghost.
- The ghost made a cameo in the Duck Dodgers episode Surf the Stars, along with the gang and several other villains.