|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Needed: Synopsis is too short.
The gang arrives at an airport in Crystal Cove, alongside Mayor Nettles and Velma's mom. After dropping off Velma's mom at the Spook Museum, it's become clear that Crystal Cove has become deserted, and everyone in town has been "eaten" by the ground. Later that day, after witnessing Mayor Nettles and Sheriff Stone vanish, the gang goes to Fred's house to discuss the Planispheric Disc, Nibiru, the cursed treasure, and an upcoming planetary alignment. The ground then starts to shake and open, which fails to suck the gang. Soon an armored mole-like truck emerges from the hole and Kriegstaffebots come out, shooting at the gang. Fred uses the traps in his house to literally cut the robots into pieces.
The gang sets off beneath Crystal Cove, and discovers everyone in town (including the prisoners) working for Professor Pericles and the rest of the original Mystery Incorporated. After hearing a conversation between the old Mystery Inc., the gang devise a tactical plan to bust everyone out and shut down the operation. Shaggy and Scooby go undercover as Kriegstaffelbots, while Fred and the girls use a now-heavily armored Mystery Machine to attack the robots. After the word is spread, the armored Mystery Machine invades the mines and attacks the robots. At the same time, Sheriff Stone leads a rebellion against the Kriegstaffelbots and Pericles, destroying every Kriegstaffebot they encounter. Shaggy is discovered to be a fake and is ordered to be shot to death, but an angry Scooby defends his buddy and wildly shoots down all the Kriegstaffelbots aiming at Shaggy. The battle tilts in favor of the citizens of Crystal Cove as hundreds of Kriegstaffelbots are destroyed and the mines sabotaged. Soon, a remaining number of Kriegstaffelbots stop Fred, Velma, and Daphne in their tracks, forcing them to blow up the Mystery Machine (in which everyone thought they were). It turns out that the Mystery Machine was remotely controlled by Fred, Velma, and Daphne in a different car. After all is resolved and the doorway to the cursed treasure is opened, the gang gears up with the relics and follows the original Mystery Incorporated into the caverns.
- Lt. Tomina Kasanski (final appearance)(no lines)(cameo)
- Angie Dinkley
- Dale Dinkley
- Barty Blake (no lines)
- Nan Blake (no lines)
- Paula Rogers (no lines)
- Colton Rogers (no lines)
- Fred Jones, Sr. (no lines)
- Alice May (no lines)
- Blaine LeFranc (no lines)
- Curator Vronsky (no lines)
- Dan Fluunk (no lines)
- Ernesto (no lines)
- Jax Minner (no lines)
- Gorgeous G (no lines)
- Howard E. Roberts (no lines)
- J.R. Kipple (no lines)
- Randy Warsaw (no lines)
- Skipper Shelton (no lines)
- Nova (no lines)
- Crystal Cove
- Heart of the Jaguar
- Segundo Llave
- Tercero Llave
- Cuarto Llave
- Primero Llave
- Ice cream
- Planispheric Disk
- Mystery Inc., along with Angie, retrieved the Heart of the Jaguar from Yucatán after traveling their in the previous episode; they were first told about it by the Nova possessed-Anunnaki in Nightmare in Red.
- Professor Pericles took command of the Kriegstaffebots in The Midnight Zone.
- Nova has been in the hospital since Dance of the Undead after being seriously wounded from falling out of a damaged helicopter in mid-flight and into the Horrible Herd's stampede in The Horrible Herd.
- Professor Pericles implanted cobra larvae in Mr. E's spinal column in The Devouring.
- Brad and Judy were surgically altered to look like Fred and an old Daphne, respectively, in The Man in the Mirror and are still waiting for Professor Pericles to approve the reversal procedure.
- Alice May was the Ghost Girl and Obliteratrix in The Legend of Alice May and Pawn of Shadows, respectively; some of her prison sentence was seen in Wrath of the Krampus.
- Howard E. Roberts appeared in The Shrieking Madness.
- Curator Vronsky appeared in The House of the Nightmare Witch.
- Gorgeous G was Cassidy Williams's hairdresser in The Night the Clown Cried II - Tears of Doom!.
- J.R. Kipple was Mayor Nettles's publicist also in The Night the Clown Cried II - Tears of Doom!
- Randy Warsaw appeared in Art of Darkness!
- Dan Fluunk appeared in Night Terrors and Wrath of the Krampus, respectively.
- Blaine LeFranc appeared in Theater of Doom.
- This is the first in a three-part story which is continued in Through the Curtain, and concluded in Come Undone.
- Scooby announces the "previously on..." recap.
- Space Kook makes an appearance in a now destroyed Spook Museum.
- Frank Welker and Kate Higgins are uncredited as Barty Blake and Janet Nettles, respectively.
- This marks the first time a single Scooby-Doo series has reached fifty episodes.
- In the scene where Mr. E says that Cassidy is gone, he has what looks like his own diary with her pictures attached. In it is written the following text: "Thinking of Cassidy again. Remembering when we first met. Professor Pericles was there and I could tell he was jealous. He didn't want to share me with anyone." This shows that the relationship between Ricky, Cassidy and Pericles was a mirror of the relationship between Shaggy, Velma and Scooby in season 1. This also explains what E meant to say in the note he sent Velma at the end of The Grasp of the Gnome.
- Disguises: Scooby and Shaggy as Kriegstaffebots
- The dialog between Fred and Daphne after the destruction of the Mystery Machine: "What have I done?" "What you had to do. What you always do, turn traps into a fighting chance to live," is a reference to similar words between Kirk and Bones after the destruction of the Enterprise in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock. Fred even talks in a similar mannerism to Kirk.
- Shaggy's line, "Danger, Danger, Run, Will Robinson, Run," is a reference to both the line "Danger, Will Robinson" from Lost in Space and the line "Run Forest, Run," from Forest Gump.
- Scooby's line, "They drew first blood, not me" is a quote from the film, First Blood, starring Sylvester Stallone.
- When the plane takes off after dropping the Mayor and the gang off in Crystal Cove, Shaggy reacts by saying "I feel the need, the need for..." but is interrupted by Scooby saying "pizza." This is a reference to the famous line from Top Gun, "I feel the need, the need for speed."
- Scooby's springy legs when he jumps to Shaggy's rescue is like Inspector Gadget.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- When at the Jones mansion, Velma is talking to the rest of the gang, Shaggy's eyebrows are missing, and it is unlikely for his hair to hide them.
- As the people of Crystal Cove are beginning the uprising, Nan is seen without her hat.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs
- Velma substitutes the Spook Museum name for the Broken Spine, which is actually the name for the bookstore within the museum (and where the gang primarily visits), but she addresses it as if the bookstore's name represented the entire museum.
- Despite having served in the Air Force, Nettles struggles with the rocks.
In other languages
|Italian||L'Esercito Dei Robot||The Army of Robots|
|Spanish (Latin America)||Las Puertas de la Oscuridad||The Gates of Gloom|
|Norwegian||Mørkets port||The gate of darkness|
|Greek||Οι Πύλες του Σκότους||The Gates of Darkness|
|French||La Grande Porte du pouvoir||The Tall Door of Power|
The Tall Gate of Power
|Polish||Bramy mroku||The Gates of Darkness|
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season Two, Part 2 - Spooky Stampede DVD set released by Warner Home Video on June 18, 2013.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season Two, Volume 4 DVD released by Warner Home Video on June 25 2014.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The Complete Season 2 DVD set released Warner Home Video on October 7, 2014.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystères associés: L'intégrale de la saison 2 (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The entirety of season 2) DVD set released by Warner Home Video on September 10, 2013.
Shaggy: I feel the need for...
Velma: So you think having the evil intelligence under Crystal Cove could be why this town is so weird?
Fred: OK gang. Let's see where this uber-mystery really leads.
Scooby: Professor Pericles is gonna regret the day he ever messed with Scooby-Dooby-Doo.
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Dark Night of the Hunters||Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
|Through the Curtain|