- This article is about DC Comics' Scooby-Doo! Team-Up story. For DC Comics' Scooby-Doo story, see Fly By Night (Scooby-Doo).
Mavis Trent calls Mystery Inc. into Midway City because of her belief that a ghost was haunting the museum, and because she was unable to contact the cities heroes, Hawkman and Hawkgirl. She normally goes through the curators: Carter and Shiera Hall, the curators and secret identities of the heroes, but they were out of town. Just then, Hawkman and Hawkgirl appeared. Back to the haunting, the ghost was trying to steal the journal of Nicolas Flamel. Velma quickly noticed a shadow moving behind Fred. At the sam time, a boulder was suddenly thrown at the group from behind. The three then arm themselves with ancient weaponry laying around the museum. They were then attacked by the ghost of Nicolas Flamel, who wanted his journal. Hawkgirl threw her trident at the ghost, but he lifted his cloak and allowed it to disappear within it.
Hakwman realised that the ghost was truly three of his own villains in one costume: Shadow Thief, Fadeaway Man, and Matter Master. They all attacked, Fred unable to beat Shadow Thief due to his mastery of shadowss, Matter Master using priceless statues to restrain the others, and Fadeaway Man blocking Shaggy and Scooby's escape. Scooby trips Matter Master, causing him to lose his wand to Hawkgirl, who sets herself and Hawkman free. She then used the wand to steal Fadeaway Man's cape. Fadeaway Man tries to run, but Fred tackles him. Hawkman then uses Fadeaway Man's cape to cause him to vanish to top of an enormous building. The journal was saved and the villains were beaten.
- Mummy (mentioned)
- Dr. Zin's henchman (photograph)
- Space pirates (only time mentioned)
- Ghost of Nicolas Flamel (single appearance)(Fadeaway Man's disguise)
- Matter Master (single appearance)
- Fadeaway Man (single appearance)
- Shadow Thief (single appearance)(Carl Sands's disguise)
- Carl Sands (single appearance)(unnamed)
- Nicolas Flamel (only time mentioned)(deceased)
- Carter Hall (only time mentioned)
- Shiera Hall (only time mentioned)
- Green Arrow (mentioned)
- Prince Khufu (single appearance)(no lines)(flashback only)(unnamed)(deceased)
- Chay-Ara (single appearance)(no lines)(flashback only)(unnamed)(deceased)
- Silent Knight (single appearance)(no lines)(flashback only)(deceased)
- Lady Celia (single appearance)(no lines)(flashback only)(deceased)
- King Arthur (mentioned)(deceased)
- Nighthawk (single appearance)(no lines)(flashback only)(deceased)
- Cinnamon (first appearance)(no lines)(flashback only)(deceased)
- Superman (mentioned)
- Atom (only time mentioned)
- Thanagar (flashback only)
- The Moon (mentioned)
- Museum Mysteries Monthly
- Keeler Ruby (mentioned)
- Nicolas Flamel's notebook
- Excalibur (unnamed)
- Hawkman's mace
- Hawkgirl's spear
- Mentachem Rod
- Spaceship (flashback only)
|Shadow Thief||To steal from the Midway City Museum.|
| Fadeaway Man as Ghost of Nicolas Flamel|
|To steal from the Midway City Museum.|
The following credits try to match how they are displayed in the comic as much as possible:
- Writer: Sholly Fisch
- Artist: Dario Brizuela
- Colorist: Franco Riesco
- Letterer: Saida Temofonte
- Cover artist: Brizuela with Riesco
- Editor: Kristy Quinn
- Hawkman created by Gardner Fox.
- The Hawkman and Hawkgirl featured in this story are amalgamations of the Golden Age and Siver Age versions of the characters.
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- Museum Mysteries Monthly implies that the henchman from Quest for Mystery! was caught, when his capture wasn't shown.
- One minute Hawkman and Hawkgirl are from Thanagar and then the next they were born in Ancient Egypt.