- For the incarnation in LEGO Scooby-Doo! Haunted Hollywood'LEGO Scooby-Doo! Haunted HollywoodLEGO Scooby-Doo! Haunted HollywoodLEGO Scooby-Doo! Haunted Hollywood, see Crystal Cove (LEGO).
Crystal Cove is a coastal town where Fred Jones, Jr., Daphne Blake, Velma Dinkley, Shaggy Rogers, and Scooby-Doo live and is said to have a "Strong history of paranormal activity". Unfortunately, the gang's constant solving of mysteries costs the town "tourist attractions", which is what their parents view the monsters as. They don't understand that those "monsters" are just people in costumes. However, the town reveals to be hiding the truth from Scooby and the gang about a group of missing kids from long ago.
Crystal Cove was founded by a group of conquistadors led by Fernando El Aguirre and was named after the crystal sarcophagus that contained the Evil Entity, which they hid beneath the bay. The mystical Planispheric Disk, which was used to hide the entity in another dimension, was broken into six parts to ensure the entity was never freed. But the evil creature still had enough power to influence the inhabitants of the city above the bay, resulting in the "paranormal activity" that plagued them.
By the mid-1500's Crystal Cove had become a missionary settlement.Porto, the donkey mascot of the Fraternitas Mysterium, blows up the missionary settlement in the mid-1500's after being corrupted by a piece of the Planispheric Disk. Friar Gabriello Serra then hides the piece in a block of cheese. original Mystery Incorporated vanishes in the Crystal Cove Caves while searching for the Planispheric Disk, and their mascot, Professor Pericles, is sent to an animal asylum for being implicated in their disappearance.
Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
Aphrodite was on the loose, causing everyone to fall in love and mind control people of Crystal Cove. Scooby needed the help of Professor Pericles, who could turn everyone back to normal by using a potion that the parrot made. Pericles knew the antidote to stop Aphrodite was three components; so he used pewter that was found in stained-glass windows from the 18th century, ectoplasm (or ghost mucus), and finally, rose quartz that were found in the caves beneath Crystal Cove.
Mystery Inc. trapped Aphrodite in a net and was revealed to be Amanda Smythe. She wanted to be Prom Queen of Crystal Cove High, but they took away the crown and they put a creepy mask on her instead. She created the Ghost of Aphrodite and wanted to take the crown herself, putting everyone in love by using some sort of strange pink dust with flowers that made people fall in love. She would have succeeded if it weren't for Scooby and Pericles. Professor Pericles secretly gave Aphrodite her love potion formula, then helped with the antidote, so that he could get the help of Scooby-Doo to obtain things he needed to find the lost treasure of the conquistadors.
Fred's favorite explorer, Rick Spartan, comes to town to teach at the gang's school, where he shows them a souvenir from his last adventure, a shrunken head. But the headless body that it belongs to had followed him to Crystal Cove and began attacking him and the gang.
Crybaby Clown returned to Crystal Cove and kidnapped seemingly random people (a therapist, a hairdresser, a plastic surgeon, a publicist, and Daphne). Mystery Incorporated finally captured the clown while he made an escape by plane, who was revealed to be Baylor Hotner.
A monster known as the Hodag of Horror terrorized Crystal Cove, while Fred's real parents, Brad Chiles and Judy Reeves, returned to town along with their dog Nova, who Scooby-Doo had taken a liking to.
Crystal Cove put on its annual play depicting the town's founding story. However, after production is haunted by Mummy of Friar Serra, the play fell into the hands of Vincent Van Ghoul cast Shaggy and Scooby as the leads. After, the mystery was solved, the gang was confronted by the real Friar Serra who revealed that the town's founding story was a lie.
Professor Pericles released his herd of mutant piranha-cows in order to destroy Crystal Cove so that the gang would hand over the Planispheric Disk to him. The plan was foiled when Mystery Incorporated redirected the herd into the ocean.
The town was struck by a "Dancing Plague" brought on by the return of Rude Boy and the Ska-Tastics. The Hex Girls helped defeat the evil ska band with Scooby, Shaggy, and the power of rock and roll.
Professor Pericles created artificial earthquakes in order to trap the town's residents in Crystal Cove's underground caverns. There, he used them as slave labor so he could open the gates leading to the cursed treasure of the conquistadors. Sheriff Bronson Stone and the gang led an uprising against Pericles but the door is opened regardless.
The Evil Entity possessed the body of Professor Pericles and unleashed its army on the town. This turned the town into an apocalyptic wasteland as the Entity proceeded to devour the town's residents. However, the day was saved by the gang after Scooby drove the Heart of the Jaguar into the Entity's tomb. This destroyed the Entity as well as completely erasing it from history, irreparably changing the timeline. Crystal Cove became "The Sunniest Place on Earth" thus, making most of the above history no longer canon.
The museum is owned and operated by Velma Dinkley's parents, Angie and Dale Dinkley, and contains the costumes from the "monsters" Mystery Inc. has unmasked over the years, most notably the Black Knight Ghost, Miner 49er, The Creeper, and Scrappy-Doo.
The Crystal Cove Police Department is where Sheriff Bronson Stone works and where culprits first go when they are taken ito custody.
The City Hall is where is where the mayor's office is located, as well as the headquarters of Mystery Incorporated.
A company built by Mr. E, otherwise known as Ricky Owens, the former member of the original Mystery Incorporated. He formed an alliance with Professor Pericles, who soon undermined the former's authority of his own company (with the help of Brad Chiles and Judy Reeves), risking the lives of the scientists and plundering its vast resources in his search for the Planospheric Disk. In the new timeline, the company was replaced with an environmentally-friendly company called "Creationex Corp."
The topography of the area is kind of mountainous, except on the coast.
- Main article(s): List of Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated monsters and villains
- In Beware the Beast from Below, Velma clearly stated that Cletus Darrow named the town Crystal Cove after finding gold. But in Fernando El Aguirre's diary, he wrote that the conquistadors would name the town that way after they would bury the evil treasure underneath it.
- The name the conquistador gave would have been in Spanish, something like "Ensenada Cristal," so the name "Crystal Cove" that Darrow gave in English counts as a new name.
- In Howl of the Fright Hound, Velma's mother tells tourists that Crystal Cove's official scent is formaldehyde.
- Although it's never stated where in the United States Crystal Cove is, it's probably located somewhere in California--for example:
- Miskatonic University (which is in Massachusetts) is said to be all the way on the opposite side of the country from where Crystal Cove is.
- Crystal Cove was founded by Spanish conquistadors, and the state of California was colonized by the Spanish.
- There is an actual place in California called "Crystal Cove," though it's actually the name of state park rather than a city.
- In Theater of Doom, Vincent VanGhoul said the city sunk into the Pacific (after an audience member corrected him). This would suggest that Crystal Cove is somewhere on the West Coast.
In other languages
- ↑ The Secret of the Ghost Rig, season 1, episode 3.
- ↑ Revenge of the Man Crab, season 1, episode 4.
- ↑ The Song of Mystery, season 1, episode 5.
- ↑ The Legend of Alice May, season 1, episode 5.
- ↑ The Legend of Alice May, season 1, episode 6.
- ↑ The Grasp of the Gnome, season 1, episode 8.
- ↑ Battle of the Humungonauts, season 1, episode 9.
- ↑ Howl of the Fright Hound, season 1, episode 10.
- ↑ When the Cicada Calls, season 1, episode 13.
- ↑ The Wild Brood, season 1. episode 15.
- ↑ Where Walks Aphrodite, season 1, episode 16.
- ↑ The Dragon's Secret, season 1, episode 18.
- ↑ Menace of the Manticore, season 1, episode 21.
- ↑ Attack of the Headless Horror, season 1, episode 22.
- ↑ Dead Justice, season 1, episode 24.
- ↑ All Fear the Freak, season 1, episode 26.
- ↑ The Night the Clown Cried, season 2, episode 1.
- ↑ The Night the Clown Cried II - Tears of Doom!
- ↑ Web of the Dreamweaver!
- ↑ The Hodag of Horror
- ↑ Art of Darkness!
- ↑ The Gathering Gloom
- ↑ Grim Judgment
- ↑ The Midnight Zone
- ↑ Scarebear
- ↑ Wrath of the Krampus
- ↑ Heart of Evil
- ↑ Theater of Doom
- ↑ Aliens Among Us
- ↑ The Horrible Herd, season 2, episode 17.
- ↑ Dance of the Undead, season 2, episode 18.
- ↑ The Devouring
- ↑ Stand and Deliver
- ↑ Gates of Gloom
- ↑ Come Undone
- ↑ Season 1