|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
The Mystery Machine broke down, and Fred called the Car Chat for help. The Mystery Machine is often braking down, so Fred was calling the Car Chat a few times. But then, a mysterious Phantom papered in the Car Chat studio. Plus, he was giving wrong advice to the drivers, so the Gang was on the case.
The Car Chat brothers saw the Phantom only once. The boys made a trap, and Daphne and Velma solved the mystery. The Phantom appeared and chased the boys. The mystery was solved, the Phantom unmasked.
- Phantom of the Air (single appearance)(Terri Grass' disguise)
- Terri Grass (single appearance)
- Karl Castle (single appearance)
- Meter maid (single appearance)(no lines)
| Terri Grass as the Phantom of the Air|
Karl Castle as her accomplice
|They hated the humor of Car Chat and wanted to drive it off the air.|
- The Car Chat show with Cling and Clang, the Thunk-It brothers, parodies the real NPR radio show Car Talk with Click and Clack, the Tappet brothers.
- Tom and Ray Magliozzi, the real-life "Tappet brothers" were pleased by their parody appearance in the comic and sent John Rozum an autographed picture.
- Terri Grass with her show Fresh Breath parodies Terry Gross with her NPR show Fresh Air.
- Karl Castle parodies Carl Kassel, another NPR host.
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- None known.