- This article is about the original incarnation from the Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episode A Clue for Scooby Doo. For other incarnations, see Captain Cutler (disambiguation).
|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Needed: History is incomplete (e.g. his capture).
Captain Cutler was a sailor turned thief who disguised himself as his own ghost.
Captain Cutler is a middle-aged Caucasian male. Although bald on top, his remaining hair is gray. He also has bushy gray eyebrows. He wore a blue sailor outfit and a cap. When he was a sailor, he had a long gray beard.
He remained silent when finally being caught. However, he did smile when the gang briefly had no idea who he was. He seemed more proud in the picture of himself in Mrs. Cutler's house.
He was a sailor who supposedly died in a shipwreck with a yacht.
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
The gang investigated the Ghost of Captain Cutler, who had returned, making yachts disappear in revenge. They discovered it was the real Cutler in a diving suit, covered in phosphorescent glowing seaweed. He used this disguise to actually steal the ships, in collusion with his supposed widow, who pretended to be a witch, and to have brought him back as a ghost by her magic.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
- 102. A Clue for Scooby Doo (no lines)
- Scooby-Doo (DC Comics)
- #135(a). Those Meddling Kids
- While it's not explicitly confirmed, Captain Cutler could be retconned as a citizen of Coolsville, the town the gang grew up in as kids as depicted in A Pup Named Scooby-Doo.