A one-armed boy rushes into a deli, before the mutated beasts can find him. He scurries for food, when notices the monsters creeping nearby, who get caught in a savage fight with the Scrappy Gang, who want the monsters for food.
Scrappy, in his enhanced state, shreds one of the monsters that got inside the deli. He tells his gang to eat quick as they've got to get back on the road, when he notices the hiding boy. Scrappy is surprised to see a human child, an unmutated one at that. While snarling at the kid, Scrappy gets Cliffy to introduce himself, who then tells Scrappy about how something bad happened to his family. He tries to bond with Scrappy by patting him on the head, having been reminded of his own dog. Scrappy allows it before quickly brushing him away. He takes some pity on the boy, by having him tag along, but in the warped sense of keeping him as his pet.
- Cliffy (first appearance)
- Monsters (no lines)
- Scrappy Gang (no lines)
- Cliffy's mom (first mentioned)
- Cliffy's dad (first mentioned)
- Cliffy's sister (first mentioned)
- Buster (only time mentioned)
- Cliffy's backpack
The following credits try to match how they are displayed in the comic as much as possible:
- Giffen & DeMatteis: Writers
- Jan Duursema: Art
- Hi-Fi: Colors
- Travis Lanham: Letters
- Brittany Holzherr: Assoc. Editor
- Marie Javins: Group Editor
- Scrappy and his gang are trailing behind Velma and her gang.
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- None known.