- 1 Premise
- 2 Synopsis
- 3 Characters
- 4 Locations
- 5 Objects
- 6 Vehicles
- 7 Suspects
- 8 Cast
- 9 Continuity
- 10 Notes/Trivia
- 11 In other languages
- 12 Home media
- 13 Quotes
The gang was discussing the cursed treasure, when Velma's computer spells out "SENOR P. LLAVE," followed by coordinates. They were about to investigate, but Sheriff Stone bursts through the door, claiming the world was in a galactic war with aliens.
Back at the police station, he claims that teenage memories suddenly came flooding back to him. The memory was of him at age fourteen playing Dead Justice, when aliens enter his home, take him to their ship, and implant a chip in his nasal cavity.
They then find out that a GPS had been stolen from the Crystal Cove Mall. They were given permission to watch the security footage there. They find three shadows in the video: a little boy, a woman with a newspaper, and one that very much looks like an alien.
Driving off on a highway, they notice a glowing orb flying by, then the Mystery Machine breaks down. They were left stranded in a field, where they ran off in all directions. They found that they were just running in a crop circle. They become sure that there are aliens around. They decide to consult Velma's mom about it.
At the Spook Museum, Velma's mom is delighted to hear her daughter finally believes in aliens. She shares her conspiracies about connections between the government and Hollow Earth. Next she hypnotises the Sheriff in hopes of finding out more, which made him realize the aliens are after his brain. Suddenly, they hear a loud noise. They rush over to the exhibits, only to find Space Kook's suit was missing. They see the Nordic alien in the suit, who spills a large vat of green slime and gets away.
They decide to protect the Sheriff by making him sleep over at Daphne's mansion. Her father shows her a car in the dining room. Meanwhile, Velma and Scooby were investigating the Clam Cabin and the police station, and found the Sheriff's drawer was filled with bad clams. Late at night, Daphne's parents hear another loud noise, only to find the three aliens were driving away with their car. The gang chases them to a highway, stops their car with road glue, and captures them with a net, where they were unmasked.
It turns out the aliens were Traveler O'Flaherty along with his children, Sheela and Connor. They dressed up as the aliens to steal valuable things like electronics and cars. It also turned out the glowing orb was just a weather balloon, the Mystery Machine's malfunction was caused by too many people using air conditioners, and the crop circle was part of a love message made by a farmer.
Fred announces that he plugged in the coordinates into the GPS. It led to a cemetery in Gatorsburg . At the cemetery, they find a grave labeled Senor P. Llave. They open it, only to find an old flintlock inside. When they return to City Hall, however, they find someone had set the building on fire.
- Sheriff Bronson Stone (main story and flashback)
- Angie Dinkley
- Barty Blake
- Nan Blake
- Skipper Shelton
- Grey (single appearance)(no lines)(Traveler O'Flaherty's disguise)
- Reptoid (single appearance)(no lines)(Connor O'Flaherty's disguise)
- Nordic alien (single appearance)(no lines)(Sheela O'Flaherty's disguise)
- Traveler O'Flaherty (single appearance)(main story and flashback)
- Connor O'Flaherty (single appearance)(no lines)
- Sheela O'Flaherty (single appearance)(no lines)
- Brad Chiles (no lines)(cameo)
- Judy Reeves (no lines)(cameo)
- United States
- Ireland (flashback only)
- Seamus's (flashback only)
- The Mystery Machine
|O'Flaherty gang||They appeared on a wanted poster.|
|Traveler O'Flaherty as the Grey, Connor O'Flaherty as the Reptoid, and Sheela O'Flaherty as the Nordic alien||Theft of valuable items.|
- When the Sheriff was telling about the first time he was abducted, he said he was a child pretending to be Dead Justice, a childhood hero that appeared in Dead Justice.
- This episode first aired in Italy on March 5, 2013 on Boomerang.
- This episode aired in France on April 15, 2013 on Cartoon Network.
- Daphne asks "who cuts down corn from the middle out", but as the camera pans out on the crop circle it looks like the corn may not have been cut, but have been bent down like in traditional crop circles.
- The store in the mall called Streamrock is a parody of the real store chain called Brookstone, known for selling expensive gadgets.
- Hypotheses on Grey, Nordic, and Reptoid aliens, as well as hollow earth are common in UFOlogist circles as well as other conspiracy theorists since the 1950's or earlier.
- Majestic 12 is a rumored American covert organization supposedly set up to study aliens.
- The geographical coordinates of a location in Gatorsburg have been revealed: 34 11 15N, 118 20 46W. This puts Gatorsburg in real-world Burbank, California. (Using Google Earth, one can find the address is 3300 W. Pacific Avenue, a warehouse for set lighting owned by Castle Rock Entertainment, a subsidiary of Warner Bros.).
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- None known.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- It's unclear whether or not the "Ghost Slime Monster" costume in a glass display at the Spook Museum is supposed to be the Slime Mutant from Beware the Beast from Below.
- Nan Blake is miscredited as "Nana Blake."
In other languages
|French||Les envahisseurs sont parmi nous||The Invaders Are Among Us|
|Greek||Εξωγήινοι Ανάμεσά Μας||Aliens Among Us|
|Hungarian||Az idegenek köztünk járnak||Aliens Among Us|
|Italian||Grigi, Rettiliani E Affini||Greys, Reptoids And Co.|
|Spanish (Latin America)||Alienígenas Entre Nosotros||Aliens Among Us|
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Season Two, Part 2 - Spooky Stampede DVD set released by Warner Home Video on June 18, 2013.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The Complete Season 2 DVD set released by Warner Home Video on October 7, 2014.
- Scooby-Doo! Mystères associés: L'intégrale de la saison 2 (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: The entirety of season 2) DVD set released by Warner Home Video on September 10, 2013.
Traveler O'Flaherty: And we would have gotten away with too it if it weren't for you frittering snappers... Meddling kids!