|This needs a stretch. (Feel free to remove when satisfied of completion.)|
Needed: Synopsis is missing scenes, such as the real ending.
A Creepy Tangle in the Bermuda Triangle is the second episode of the third season of Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!,[Note 1] and the twenty-seventh episode overall of the series. It was later repackaged as the second episode of the third season of The Scooby-Doo Show, and the twenty-sixth episode overall in the series.
- 1 Premise
- 2 Synopsis
- 3 Characters
- 4 Locations
- 5 Objects
- 6 Vehicles
- 7 Suspects
- 8 Cast
- 9 Notes/trivia
- 10 Home media
- 11 In other languages
- 12 Quotes
- 13 Footnotes
- 14 External links
While out on an ocean sailing trip, the gang run into a hurricane and end up stranded on a deserted island.The island appears to be home base for a UFO that captures Hurricane Hunter aircraft! Not only that, but there are also some skeleton men on the loose!
While boating near the Bermuda Triangle, the gang encounters a hurricane. After they crashed onto a seemingly deserted island, they spotted a strange sight: A plane's flying through the air, when a UFO collides with it and appears to swallow it. The gang encounters an old man on the beach who tells them to leave the island or the skeleton men will get them. Scooby and Shaggy stay to watch the campfire, while Fred, Velma, and Daphne search the island for clues.
Then they stumble upon an abandoned air strip, where they find several rows of smudge pots. Inside the air strip control tower, they discover brand new controls that are there to guide a plane down, which is odd since the island's deserted, and then Daphne discovers wheel tracks that lead to the side of a mountain. At the mountain, they discover a hidden lever that opens up the mountain. There they discover that the missing planes that were swallowed by the UFO. Meanwhile, Shaggy and Scooby encounter the Skeleton Men and hide in an old ventilating duct, which it leads to an underground cavern. Then they're chased by the Skeleton Men, but then they escape by hiding inside the underwater lab. Inside, they find a skylight. Fred, Velma, and Daphne decide to use one of the radios in the planes to call for help.
They succeed in calling a weather base, who promise to notify the authorities. Then they discover that part of the planes are repainted, piecing the mystery together. Then they gang reunite after discovering that the skylight, that shows a hologram of a UFO in the sky. While the gang captures the Skeleton Men, Daphne ends up finding Captain Harris, who was tied up and gagged inside the submarine. Then the old man on the beach turns out to be a US Navy official who was trying to investigate the mystery, while the Skeleton Men turned out to be Mr. Grimsley, head of the weather base, and two unidentified hired henchman. They used the legends of the Bermuda Triangle to capture planes so they could repaint them and sell them overseas. The UFO hologram was projected from the laboratory so curious onlookers wouldn't suspect planes were landing on the islands.
- Skeleton Men (single appearance)(Dr. Grimsley and henchmen's disguises)
- Dr. Grimsley (single appearance)
- Dr. Grimsley's henchmen (single appearance)(no lines)
- Pilot 1 (single appearance)
- Pilot 2 (single appearance)
- Captain Harris (single appearance)
- Captain Harris's partner (single appearance)
|Sea Dog||Creepy appearance. Warned the gang to leave the island.|
|Dr. Grimsley and his two henchmen as the Skeleton Men||To hijack his own planes and sell them overseas.|
|Casey Kasem||Shaggy Rogers|
|Frank Welker||Fred Jones|
|Heather North||Daphne Blake|
|Pat Stevens||Velma Dinkley|
|John Stephenson||Dr. Grimsley|
- Unlike many other disguises the Skeleton Men didn't seem to use monster mask magic, as it was clear even before the unmasking that they were fakes.
- In the live-action theatrical film Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, two Skeleton Men costumes were put on display at the Coolsonian Criminology Museum. They were brought to life by the Evil Masked Figure/Professor Jonathan Jacobo, in revenge against Mystery Incorporated.
Animation mistakes and/or technical glitches
- When Scooby sees the Skeleton Men through the periscope, the view is following the Skeleton Men, but the periscope is not moving.
Inconsistencies/continuity errors and/or goofs/oddities
- If Dr. Grimsley was one of the Skeleton Men, he was in two places at once (which would be impossible). He's seen in the control tower, when Fred uses the stolen plane's radio while at the same time he is in the Skeleton costume chasing Shaggy and Scooby.
- It is stated that the planes were brought in by remote control after it was made to look like the hologram spaceship captured them but that would mean that there was no manual override in the plane.
- It is not explained why Dr. Grimsley wanted to hijack his own planes.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Third Season DVD set released released by Warner Home Video on April 10, 2007.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series (limited edition) DVD set released by Warner Home Video on November 9, 2010.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series DVD set released by Warner Home Video on November 21, 2011.
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales Around the World DVD set released released by Warner Home Video on May 15, 2012.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series DVD set released by Warner Home Video on November 13, 2012.
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Surf's Up, Scooby-Doo! DVD set released by Warner Home Video on May 5, 2015.
In other languages
|Greek||Το Τρίγωνο των Βερμούδων||The Bermuda Triangle|
|French||Bazar au Triangle des Bermudes||Bizarre in the Bermuda Triangle|
|Hungarian||Hátborzongató borzalom a Bermuda-háromszögben||A Creepy Horror in the Bermuda Triangle|
Captain Harris: (through his gag) "HMMMPHLLLPPP! HMMMPPPLLLPPP!"
- a short-lived revival attempt
|Previous episode:||Series:||Next episode:|
|Watch Out! The Willawaw!||The Scooby-Doo Show
|A Scary Night with a Snow Beast Fright|